Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Governor Haley Makes Friendly Bet on CU vs. FSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1,786

Governor Haley Makes Friendly Bet on CU vs. FSU

Sep 21, 2012, 10:37 AM

Gov. Haley makes a bet with Florida governor on Clemson vs. FSU game.

http://taylors.patch.com/articles/gov-haley-places-friendly-wager-on-clemson-fla-state-game

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When he called and started 'talking smack'..." Politician's

Sep 21, 2012, 10:42 AM

forte.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brown's BBQ (Kingstree) and Mike's Key Lime Pie . . .

Sep 21, 2012, 10:59 AM

would make an awesome meal. Mike's is the best key lime pie in the world.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish she would use her authority to...

Sep 21, 2012, 11:01 AM

make the highway department allow Clemson to repaint the tiger paws on the off-campus roadways coming into town. That should only take one phone call from our governor.

Unless her family can profit from it, she's not

Sep 21, 2012, 11:02 AM

interested.

Re Get in the real world. That's the way it works in SC.***

Sep 21, 2012, 11:33 AM

As long as we accept that, that's the way it will be

Sep 21, 2012, 11:34 AM

I dont accept it.

Re: I don't approve of it but you have to make the best of

Sep 21, 2012, 11:38 AM

everything or get lost in the shuffle.

Re: I wish she would use her authority to...

Sep 21, 2012, 11:03 AM [ in reply to I wish she would use her authority to... ]

She can't do that. She's already addresed this. It is a law. She does not have power to allow people to break the law....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But gambling is a law too

Sep 21, 2012, 11:05 AM

She just wagered on a football game

And turning her dad's lakefront mansion into

Sep 21, 2012, 11:05 AM

a "church" to avoid taxes seemed simple enough

Re: And turning her dad's lakefront mansion into

Sep 21, 2012, 11:11 AM

link?

It's long....but worth your time

Sep 21, 2012, 11:22 AM

One subject she won't be discussing on the road is her family's scandal with the IRS. Her parents are being accused of raising funds for her gubernatorial campaign through their non-profit Sikh Temple. That's a political no-no. The Palmetto Public Record reports:

According to documents obtained by Palmetto Public Record, the Internal Revenue Service has been investigating since March 2011 whether the Sikh Religious Society of South Carolina illegally supported a political candidate during Haley’s campaign for governor, violating the organization’s tax-exempt status.
As a registered nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, the Sikh temple is “absolutely prohibited from directly or indirectly participating in any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for elective public office.” According to the IRS, even written statements of position in favor of a candidate “clearly violate the prohibition against political campaign activity” and may result in revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes.
But documents which appear to be the temple’s own newsletters clearly advocate for Haley’s election, asking (and later thanking) members for their political and financial support. The organization also seems to have held a September 2010 fundraiser for Haley’s gubernatorial campaign, with four of the five organizers listed on the temple’s board of trustees.
And that's only part the family's problems. There is the mystery revolving around a large bank loan the Randhawa family took out to help finance a new Sikh Temple. Contractors were never paid, and the temple was never completed, but at the same time Nikki Haley was elected Governor and her family built a huge new lake house. The The Palmetto Public Record reports:

In 2009, the Sikh Society of South Carolina took out a $750,000 loan from BB&T Bank with the help of bank president Mike Brenan. The purpose of the loan was to build a new temple on the Sikh Society’s land in Chapin, but for some reason the contractors never got paid. At least five lawsuits have been filed against the Sikh Society since 2010, alleging that the group bilked contractors out of nearly $130,000.Meanwhile, the new temple sits half-complete off Broad River Road as weeds take over the abandoned construction site.
In order to recoup their money, the contractors have asked a judge to foreclose on the temple and sell the land, leaving the Sikh Society without a place to worship.
So what happened to the money? Did it “disappear” into the Randhawa family’s million-dollar waterfront home on Lake Murray, or (as our sources have speculated) did some of it go into the governor’s campaign account? Whatever happened to the money, we do know what happened to Brenan: Gov. Nikki Haley appointed him to the state Board of Education.
Yesterday, Haley appeared on ABC's The View, which was...interesting...

CUATTHEFINISHLINE PLEASE READ THE ABOVE POST

Sep 21, 2012, 11:41 AM

Or maybe you already did.

Re: CUATTHEFINISHLINE PLEASE READ THE ABOVE POST

Sep 21, 2012, 11:47 AM

So again, you have a bunch of accusations with no link and no proof of any wrong doing....gotcha

Can you read?

Sep 21, 2012, 12:03 PM

The IRS investigated her family. Proof is right there.

Will this do or is it just nameless accusations

Sep 21, 2012, 12:05 PM

from the IRS?

http://palmettopublicrecord.org/2012/03/28/read-the-irs-letter-targeting-nikki-haleys-family-temple/

Re: Will this do or is it just nameless accusations

Sep 21, 2012, 1:07 PM

key word is "investigating"....they've found nothing and none of these ridiculous investigations that have happened have found nothing....so again, back to my point....you got nothing....

Re: But gambling is a law too

Sep 21, 2012, 11:10 AM [ in reply to But gambling is a law too ]

You're being ridiculous....

Separation of powers.

Sep 21, 2012, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: I wish she would use her authority to... ]

The legislature makes laws, but it is up to the executive branch to enforce them. There are plenty of laws that go unenforced now.

Re: I wish she would use her authority to...really and as I

Sep 21, 2012, 11:08 AM [ in reply to I wish she would use her authority to... ]

recall she actually was contacted and would not intervene. he lov e of CU and showing up at the ladies clinic is all smoke and mirrors to me. typical do nothing politician

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:Man, everyone is not a hardcore Baptist.***

Sep 21, 2012, 11:46 AM

Re: Governor Haley Makes Friendly Bet on CU vs. FSU

Sep 21, 2012, 11:51 AM

Why key lime? As a Floridian, I know there are two Floridas, and Orlando on northward has little to do with key limes. Tallahassee is southern Alabama. Why doesn't Scott offer up something more indicative of the area, like some meth, froglegs, or a partially assembled 1984 IROC?

LMAO!!!!! too true!!***

Sep 21, 2012, 11:52 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess the state ran out of shrimp & grits

Sep 21, 2012, 1:02 PM

after the Orange Bowl.

Quit betting Nikki!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Perhaps there should be a state law, the governor can

Sep 21, 2012, 1:04 PM

ONLY bet some of those nasty chitlins from Salley when making friendly wagers with governors of other states

lets keep the shrimp and grits home for the folks who love them.....nobody in New York South will eat them anyhow

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Governor Haley Makes Friendly Bet on CU vs. FSU

Sep 21, 2012, 2:52 PM

Nikki Haley haters and their media arm "The State" have been sniping at our Governor before and since her resounding election with all sorts of sordid, ridiculous, fabricated, and unproven charges and innuendo. She is doing a great job for SC. That is what we elected her to do!

GO NIKKI!

Replies: 26
| visibility 1,786
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic