Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Got To Where I Like "Top Deck" Seats
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,459

Got To Where I Like "Top Deck" Seats

Nov 18, 2018, 2:52 AM

For decades, my dad had pretty good seats in the Valley's lower bowl (UQ). He got to a point he didn't feel well enough to attend, so my brothers & I used them. When he passed, my brothers had moved (jobs) & couldn't come to many, so we let them go.

A few years ago, my neighbor & his wife were not up to going either, so he offered his 2 to me (free), but I said no - I'll pay for the tix (still a good deal for me). The last 4 years, an old pal from h.school & I go & use them. They're "TDN - Row G" (about the 30-YL).

At 1st, I didn't know if I liked them, but, they're only 7 rows up (not bad at all). Now I actually like them better than my dad's old seats. Maybe it just took adjusting to them.

Just wondered what others prefer - "Lower Bowl" - "Top Deck" - or other?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I prefer the upper deck as opposed to my old seats in section K

Nov 18, 2018, 3:06 AM

worst seats in the house. visitors side, way past the end zone and it's the last spot that gets relief from the sun in the evening.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Got To Where I Like "Top Deck" Seats

Nov 18, 2018, 7:25 AM

I haven't sat in the upper deck since the 90s. But, my experience was not good. My first season tickets were about 2 rows from the top beside that little building at the top of the South stands. I was so far away that I spent every game wishing I was at home on my couch.

It's entirely possible to be too far up in the upper deck, whereas there's not a seat in the lower deck that's too far away.

Also, I don't care for the journey up to the upper deck. I like walking from the street, through my gate and 100 feet ahead to my section. The upper deck would remove the option of leaving at halftime.

I don't care much for sitting in the lower end zones. My brain needs to see a horizontal slice of the action for perspective. That said, I don't mind the edge sections and once sat in UT on the very edge. I remember that season fondly primarily because the final stop against Notre Dame occurred right there in that corner of the west end zone and those seats were perfect for that one moment.

All that said, I'd be willing to give the upper deck another look, but only if the seats were between the 30s and on the first 10 rows.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2018, 7:50 AM

I agree. I had TD season tickets for 10 years or so and loved them. They were 4 rows up from the bottom and had the seat backs on them. They were nice and roomy not crammed in like the lower sections. I never tried to move them because I liked them so much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2018, 8:21 AM

When we could afford to attend( both age and money finally caught up with me) we had seats in the " "Top Deck"(section J South) on about the 40-yard line. They had been my wife's Dad, and Uncle's seats for years)and were as good as it got.
The last two years we went we swapped them for "Lower Bowl" seats on about the 20-yard line, still behind the team bench.
Not nearly as good. More people stood up during the play, meaning we had to, the seats seemed more cramped, and going out for concessions, etc. took a lot more time.
If I were getting tickets today and could choose my location, it would be the "Top Deck", no more than 10 rows up. After that, it starts to get a little steep!

Nov 18, 2018, 8:23 AM

We had TDP , row d for a long time and they were great. You could see the pass plays develop and receivers break open

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,459
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic