Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Goodyear Dura-Trac tires
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Goodyear Dura-Trac tires

May 31, 2020, 2:45 PM

Anyone vouch for these tires on a 4WD ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Goodyear Dura-Trac tires

May 31, 2020, 3:39 PM

I like the way they look, have not used them. I was a lifetime BFG KO A/T guy, but switched to Nitto Ridge grapplers on a 4WD pickup. They are awesome.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2020, 5:40 PM

Thanks man , got about 5000 more miles until I wanna swap out .
I'll have a look at the Grapplers ,and certainly BFGs KOs are great tires as well .
Just saw an add on my page about the Goodyear tires and thought I'd see if anyone was currently running them .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 1, 2020, 8:25 AM

My issue in the past with Goodyear tires in general is that they seemed to be made with a softer compound than the other comparable tires thus I never got the mileage out of them. No idea about these. I'm running BFG TAs. Been running BFG for years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2020, 11:47 AM

i got an F150 and they came with Goodyear Wranglers , but they're not an aggressive enough tread to keep me happy with were I want to go on occasion .

DB23

Jun 1, 2020, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Goodyear Dura-Trac tires ]

i watched a couple of off road enthusiasts review the Duratracs and they had high praise for them all around , but this rubber compound issue was never mentioned .
Have you heard it from others or just personal experience ?

DB23

Jun 1, 2020, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Goodyear Dura-Trac tires ]

I agree with Purdy, I don’t think Goodyear’s rubber compound is quite as good as Michelin or BFG

I’m sure they’re OK. The Goodyear’s on my old van dry rotted a little quicker than a set of Michelin’s

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2020, 12:02 PM

When you say they dry-rotted , can I assume you park/drive off of pavement a lot or was that just the tires performance under regular conditions ?

DB23

No, it wasn’t normal use. It sat around so much the tires

Jun 1, 2020, 11:22 PM

Broke down. I believe that Michelin uses a better rubber compound. (Based on what my neighbors who work for Michelin told me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, it wasn’t normal use. It sat around so much the tires

Jun 2, 2020, 1:59 AM

Ok , understand .

DB23

I ditto the Nitto***

Jun 1, 2020, 8:30 AM

Re: I ditto the Nitto***

Jun 1, 2020, 11:47 AM

That's 2 for the Nittos . Check !

DB23

I’ve got a set on my Sierra

Jun 1, 2020, 11:46 PM

They def get some mileage. But since the Day I bought them I’ve had traction issues on pavement when it’s slick out. I have to feather the gas at a stop light or they will spin out—and we’re not talking any kind of launch. I think they are just a hard rubber.

Re: I’ve got a set on my Sierra

Jun 2, 2020, 8:13 AM

Dang. I just bought that golf bag and was gonna do the same. Can't steal your idea. Nice golf bags.

Dug, I used to work for a company that manufactured automotive belts and 3rd party tires. At the time, and this has been some time ago, it was an industry known fact that Goodyear used softer compounds to adjust wear times for tires. Their traction and treads were the best but they just didn't wear well. Thus I have never been a Goodyear guy. I experiment with other tires but it seems that in the long run I always end up with BFGs back on whatever truck I'm driving. Lots of guys trade the truck before the tires wear out. I usually keep a truck at least 10 years. I have a 2008 Tundra right now. 80,000 miles. BFGs.

I have had a set of Falken Wildtrack A/T tires on my F250

Jun 2, 2020, 8:27 AM

since February. Been very pleased with them. My dealer recommended them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I put a set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my F-250 and I

Jun 2, 2020, 12:34 PM

highly recommend. Ride is quiet/smooth and the tread hasn't let me down in low country mud or the sand/clay mud in the Piedmont.

I have the 35 x 12.5s and they have 12 ply side walls.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those remind me of the old Power Kings we had in the 90's...

Jun 2, 2020, 12:47 PM

BFG All Terrain tires are also good... quiet, nice ride, long tread life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Jun 2, 2020, 12:55 PM

Had about 80k on mine before I switched . A set ran about $1100 for my truck but they lasted and got out me out of every rough situation (mud speaking) as I could have asked. Rotate them every oil change and you'll get your money's worth

Jun 2, 2020, 8:48 PM

I have owned three sets. Current have a set on my FJ and my Colorado. They are great tires. I have gotten over 50000 miles on each set. I do rotate them regularly and keep them at the proper air pressure. They work well in the rain and the snow. They are also lighter then most of the other tires in the same class which helps with gas mileage and acceleration.

Jun 3, 2020, 9:18 AM

Nitto Ridge Graplers here...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic