Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Sep 30, 2019, 8:00 AM

Friday night, went to a friends house, drank a couple beers and listen to the new Sturgill Simpson album. It is all over the place but there was nothing I hated on the first listen. A solid 1 and 3/4th thumbs up.

Saturday. Football and practice test.

Sunday. Went snorkeling on the French Broad in Rosman. No hellbenders were seen, but I didn't die.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

snorkeling on the French Broad?

Sep 30, 2019, 8:03 AM

Wasn't the visibility about 6 inches? Sounds fun either way though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know about NC, but we've had about one decent rain

Sep 30, 2019, 8:05 AM

in the last 4 weeks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

0.18 inches***

Sep 30, 2019, 8:06 AM

That's what SHE said.***

Sep 30, 2019, 8:48 AM

I'd say a couple feet if

Sep 30, 2019, 8:12 AM [ in reply to snorkeling on the French Broad? ]

I wasn't stirring too much stuff up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When do you travel back home?

Sep 30, 2019, 8:04 AM

Fri - Kayak fished the Saluda, was not very good, picked up the kids and tailgated for Westside vs Hanna

Sat - Took kids to Denver Downs, pretty warm there but had a good time. Watched teh game. Ordered wings for dinner, kids to bed and gave Mslovin a case of the moans.

Sun - Church in the morning, watched Deshaun, church in the evening

Welp, the Tigers won but I didn't die.

Sep 30, 2019, 8:06 AM

Friday went to Mellow Mushroom for a pie. Better than average.

Sattidy - mostly football, nothing exciting

SUnday - drove to Cashiers/Sapphire cuz Ms Wilbur said to. Had lunch at Mica's. Grilled a couple of USDA Prime ribeyes and a '16 La Creama Sonoma Coast Pinot to end the weekend.

7/10 (-4 cuz Tiger football)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Sep 30, 2019, 8:08 AM

Karaoke, beer, football, redhead things.

You know, kind of the same as most of them.

8/10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Sep 30, 2019, 8:11 AM

Fri - worked a half day on my off-day, got free last minute tix to The Marcus King Band Family Reunion @ Pisgah Brewing (Josh Ritter, Amanda Squires, Marcus King Band (duh), Jason Isbell).
Found a bud to go, and took off around 2:30...twas teh allsum. Got in late.

Sat - Tired. was a POS all day. LilGUAR#2 had his first soccer game at 10:30, grabbed lunch and more coffee after, and then nothing but couch, football, and bhole puckering rest of the day.

Sun - work, again. sucks. Got 0-2'd again in Fantasy football.

Oh yeah and to answer the question

Sep 30, 2019, 8:12 AM

Fri - Pure crap. Left Calgary at 37 degrees, arrived in the 615 at 90+. Two delayed United flights and one missed connection had me land in Nashville at 9pm against an original arrival of 2pm.

Sat - Woke up, F1 quali, football until leaving midway thru our excuse for a game to take my son to his pre-homecoming dance party and pictures. Got text from Dad while there telling me outcome of game, ended up being glad I didn't watch the 2nd half with the outcome of the game in question.

Sun - F1 race - Church - Home depot 12 deep paint dept line - Netflix browsing for new shows

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2019, 8:14 AM

Friday: left Gangland around 1:30 and got to the hotel around 5:00. Went The Top if the Hill in Chapel Hill. Food was good and their craft beer was very good. The service was slow. I guess they are not use to a large crowd. Went to the bar where Clemson Alumni Assoc. was having their get together.

Saturday: went The Carolina Brewery. Food was great. Service was slow again and it seemed like no one knew there was a game that day. Walked around campus for awhile and went to game. People were nice and friendly. Did a little jawing but over all a great experience.

Sunday: sleep in and got back to Gangland late.

10/10

Good morning and thanks for asking.

Sep 30, 2019, 8:16 AM

Friday: Threw football with the chillens and my arm still ain’t right.

Saturday: Tigers did not lose but I kind of acted like they did. Perhaps under the influence during this behavior.

Sunday: Drank to recuperate.

7spots/10 Do again

About like

Sep 30, 2019, 8:27 AM

this poor toad

https://twitter.com/amnh/status/1178464491006238720?s=21

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

SOLID

Sep 30, 2019, 8:28 AM

Friday - flew to NC, saw some old friends and had a great lunch, some great dinner and had great drinks. Went to the bluegrass festival that night and enjoyed 2-3 different bands and then went to a late night show at Lincoln Theatre, which got me into bed at 3am.

Saturday - up at 6:30 for a long run, not enough sleep to start the day. Ate breakfast and then packed up the car to head to Chapel Hill to tailgate. Made that happen and then headed into the game. Pope Box was awesome and there were tons of former athletes up in that area. Help court with Eric Montross for about 5 minutes bantering about the Pistons and then moved on down to our seats. BBQ buffet was amazing and the beer was cold.

Fans were super nice. No one was a jerk. There were probably 20-30 of us fans in that area, so wasnt 100% alone in that aspect. I have no nails left and I think I am going to need a pacemake.

Sunday - fly home, play like crazy with the kids, take naps when the kids nap. Dinner and was in bed by 9.

9/10 for sure, -1 due to no sleep and the close game

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saturday is my fault

Sep 30, 2019, 8:40 AM

Friday - chilled at home, cooked steak, finished yellowstone season 1

Sattidy - woke up and knocked out some errands, drove to Athens to visit a frand and go see greensky bluegrass at terrapin. every time I go to athens we almost lose (syracuse last year as well). game was awful, band and brewery was sick

Sunday - drove home hungover, played golf. holy beewhole it's hot

solid 8/10

my trip this week got canceled so things are already looking up. playoffs start this weekend. go bravos!

awesome

Sep 30, 2019, 9:06 AM

Went to Asheville Friday night which is not conducive to getting to chapel hole early. Blew off Holly Bowling (I wish) and saw a good band at Jack of the Wood. If you are ever looking for a less crowded bfast place in Asheville, Five Points restaurant is a gem. Still not sure if Archetype Brewery is any good, maybe I ordered funny.

Got to hotel late outside of Chapel hole and therefore only had time to get to the stadium, sorry missing you guys bengaline and josephg® . Catch you guys next time. BLT in the stadium was 11/10. Sunny side was very sunny so I spent most of the time with the tarholes on the other shady side. Beer was cold, Tigers won!

Went downtown after the game. Chicken, cheddar, and egg biscuit from Time-Out was huge and delicious. Mac and cheese and greens sides were awesome too. 11/10.

Top of the Hill was cool. There were a couple of pissed off Clemson fans in there trying to make trouble for some reason. He's Not Here is a cool bar to hang out. Mediterranean Deli has some awesome stuff. Their "sauce" bar is amazing with olives, hot sauces, taziki, garlic sauce, ... 11/10.

Sunday lazily drove home.

12/10 weekend, wood do it everytime!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Saw this band at Jack of the Wood

Sep 30, 2019, 9:32 AM

about 10 or 12 years ago.

https://www.krugerbrothers.com/about

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never seen them live before, but I did record a PBS show

Sep 30, 2019, 9:40 AM

on them during PBS blitzkrieg of Country Music over the last few weeks that I haven't watched yet.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty okay

Sep 30, 2019, 9:19 AM

Took Friday off of work. Ran around with the wife, ate lunch with the kids at school. The kids had their school's fall festival that night. Sarahadidas went to a "girls night" and let me take the kids by myself... Oh joy. Cut my middle finger to the bone with a table saw. Twas merely a flesh wound.

Saturday took us over to Eastover for the kids football games. Daughter's team won. Son's team lost. Not much more to say about that.

Worked my flooring project, listen to some vinyl, and watched some fooseball.

Sunday I woke up, skipped church, cut grass, went to a baby shower at my inlaws house. Drank beer, watched football, thats about it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Not the weekend I wanted, but the weekend I needed.

Sep 30, 2019, 9:29 AM

Waltzing into weekends like I own them, I guess I'd gotten a little lackadaisical because I KNEW I would win every weekend...but I got a little gut check and lived to survive.

Friday, worked a FULL DAY. It was horrible, and I had to go home and drink my way through the torturous pain of not leaving at noon. Watched A Dog's Purpose and cut onions, then finished reading the Black Crowes book.

Saturday, did chores, checked on RH Mom and watched the first half of Clemson game with her, home at the half to walk and feed the pup since Mrs. Tig had gone out with her cabal of friends to watch some Downtown Abbey movie. Finished watching the game, then took the pup on a LONG stroll to calm my nerves. Came back and made a Mexican omelet, drank beers, and did not watch any more football. One game was all I needed to see Saturday. Actually went to bed at my normal bedtime.

Sunday, slept in, got up and drank coffee, took the pup on a long stroll before it got hot, then came back and readied everything for an afternoon of LOUD rock and roll. Great fun session, we were a little sloppy but pulled three rabbits out of the hat we'd never played before by doing nothing more than looking up the lyrics and the key on amazing Google box...Play With Fire by the Stones, Why Don't We Do it In The Road by the Beatles, and Closer To Home by Grand Funk. Those are the really fun moments. Finished up around 6:30 and home to eat, Mrs. made some Dutch Oven pork ribs and gouda mac & cheese. Watched season finale of Fear The Walking Dead, but recorded the series finale of Preacher and cleaned up the kitchen and went to bed early.

If I have to enumerate a value on the weekend, I'd say it was most definitely a weekend.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

meh...

Sep 30, 2019, 9:57 AM

Friday...dinner at Davinci's in Anderson with wife-of, daughter-of, and daughter-of's friend who is the loudest 4th grader I've ever met. She drunk loud-girl talks at all times. Not a relaxing dinner. Went home and did some chores and bed by 9pm, was exhausted.

Saturday...I had our factory working a mandatory Saturday on all 3 shifts, so I drive into work early to make an appearance and deliver some doughnuts. Went home and grilled some wings pre-game...they were awesome. Watched game and had a few years taken off of my life. Watched more football...not many good games. Took daughter to loud friend's house to spend the night. Dinner somewhere. Bed at a decent time.

Sunday...Up early..went upstairs to work on bonus room. Converting from kid's playroom that they never clean to "video game room", which is code for private football watching room. Skipped church and went to Red Lobster for lunch (FML). Back home for NFL time and cheered my fantasy team to hopefully a win...have a 38 point lead heading into MNF and other team has Conner. Head out after early games to get a hair cut and a run to Publix. Publix subs for dinner. More football, some chores, and finally started looking at medical bills from my surgery 2 months ago. Yikes. Put that away for another day. Sleep.

3/10 mehs

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Went on a golfing weekend with the boys up to Holston Hills

Sep 30, 2019, 10:01 AM

in Knoxville...great time

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Good Stuff

Sep 30, 2019, 10:02 AM

Friday drove to Atlanta after work with wife of, sons of and baby of while daughters of stayed home a night alone. Got to Atlanta and got sons of and baby of off to bed and then drank liquor with wife brother and sister in law until midnight.

Saturday, woke up around 8 and got baby of going. Had cheerios which she ate about 90% of and then we all, minus oldest boy because he's a teenager went and watched niece and nephew play soccer. Watched brother and sister in law play the, "how do I get my kids to be more aggressive in sports without becoming 'that' parent" game. Then to pick up the birthday cake and smash cakes for baby of. Back to brothers house for game watching and party. Game wasn't as fun as the party, but the party was pretty nice to be distracted from obsessing over the game. Drank bourbon because football. Paced myself beautifully until all the uncles, aunts and cousins were gone then got drunk enough not to fully remember going to bed.

Woke up Sunday and played with kids, ate breakfast and drove back home. Got baby to bed and wife and I went to the grocery store, which on occasional sunday nights means we let the teenagers watch the baby while we hit the craft beer place a mile form our house for a beer or three before actually going to the grocery store. Went to Lidl and #### that place is cheap. Got in bed, had sex like we had a baby sleeping in our room for two nights away from home and were finally alone for the first time before drifting off to blissful sleep.

9/10 with a quarter point deducted for Clemson nail biter and 1 point for baby in the room for two nights. Then add back a quarter point because it was pretty cute waking up to her cooing in the pack and play and then smiling huge as soon as she sees your face.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't remember back two days.

Sep 30, 2019, 10:03 AM

But I'll give it a shot. Friday night...humm, stopped working....drank. Went to bed.

Saturday, woke up, cleaned up the kids' crap on the floor. Drank some coffee. Ordered a grill. Went with Weber Genesis 2 435. Went to see game with dad. The curse still lives. Left at halftime which is the only reason we won. Watched coots. Drank. Slept.

Sunday woke up, went to install mom's new phone/take out garbage/bring in her diet doctor peppers/flush and treat water system/etc. Printed up the Tigernet articles on the game because the nursing home doesn't take the Sunday newspaper anymore. Went by gave dad all the articles I could print. Picked up meds at CVS. Wife waited more than a week and they were put back, so went to Publix for the weekly grocery run, then back to get meds. Came home, trimmed bushes, applied roach spray around exterior of house and in garage because seeing roaches. Corrected a report. Went to bed.

Solid 7.1362/10, and I'm being generous.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

packed old house

Sep 30, 2019, 10:32 AM

moved to new house
unpacked new house
cleaned old house.

tired as ####.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

where you livin' now playah? Chesterfield? Midlothian?***

Sep 30, 2019, 12:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I take full responsibility for Saturday's game

Sep 30, 2019, 10:39 AM

Friday - flew home from LA, while I was on the plane, sonof- got picked up for Webelos Woods camping. Got home around midnight, set out the couple things that the scout leader texted that he forgot to bring so I could bring them with me Saturday and crashed in bed.

Saturday - Got up around 6:00, made some coffee and a horrible decision. Rather than wearing my Clemson t-shirt to the camp site, I threw on the Scouts Pack t-shirt and my orange Clemson hat. Game days for me are usually whatever t-shirt I bought that season and my purple Tiger paw hat. This is clearly why the team performed poorly and I take full responsibility.

The camp day was a mix of good and bad. Good in that we had some fun. Bad in that sonof has continued his streak of yelling at me any time I try to help him which gets me frustrated (me watching him struggle with something: "It might be easier if you try it like this, let me help." sonof: "THIS IS HOW I DO IT!"). Watched the score all afternoon and shrugged a number of times. Stayed at camp until dinner, made it home in time to shower, have an evening beverage and crash to bed.

Sunday - new shoes for sonof-, haircuts, football nap, church and dinner out. Giants won, so that's a good day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

Hot AF. LFC and CU barely won. DW4 lost. Feaster score 2 TDs

Sep 30, 2019, 12:17 PM

Otherwise, no complaints.

That Sturg sh*t is pretty out there. The longform video on Netflix is trippy and violent AF. Couldn't get through all of it, but the music is not bad. Still, Sturg has lost me.

DND.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have not watched that stuff on Netflix yet.

Sep 30, 2019, 12:20 PM

I want to give the album more listens first so I am not focusing on it as much.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic