Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

May 13, 2019, 7:47 AM

Friday night, raced the rain and nightfall to get the lawn mowed. Still need to get some trimming done.

Saturday, hung a new shower curtain rod, cleaned the grill up, unpacked a box or two, not much else.

Sunday, off to NC for Mother's day related things,

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, I didn't win the Kentucky Derby, BUTT

May 13, 2019, 7:55 AM

Friday: got home around 6, crashed in the bed.

Saturday: up and over to the midlands for some scokker action. Was there most of the day, hit Publix up for some subs and headed home. Walked/jogged two miles. Shower and bed

Sunday: up early for mother's day, did the presents with the kids and then settled in to watch my favorite day of the sports year, the last day of EPL play. Watched City win the title and all of the post match analysis. Jogged/ran 2.5 miles and THEN got to watch Juventus and AC Roma. THEN watched the USWNC play South Africa, and THEN watched DC United against Sporting KC. Pretty mucg wall-to-wall scokker. Fell asleep with the NBA game on last night, apparently I missed a big shot by Kawhi Leonard.

11/10

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

May 13, 2019, 7:56 AM

did some work around the house. Did some cleaning around the house. Church. bowling with the kids yesterday. Momma's day.

wood dew again

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Birthday and Mothers's Day in the SAME WEEKEND!!!!!

May 13, 2019, 8:01 AM

Needless to say, the fields were plowed.

Saw Avengers: Endgame
Took kids to Carowinds
Arsenal beat Burnley 3-1 and Auba got a share of the Golden Boot for his brace. 22 goals is kinda low for the Golden Boot winner(s)
Cut my grass and some of my parent's before the monsoon happened.
Avoided going to Prom although wife had to go for a little while to chaperone (narc). I thought she looked hot so I kinda wished I would have gone with her. Pretty sure they would look down on me for grabbing her ass the entire time.

Up at 4 AM for work. In the office by 545. Sleepy by 800.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you like Endgame? Can’t believe Thor had to kill Hulk.

May 13, 2019, 8:29 AM

P.s. spoiler alert

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did, but the part where Ant Man flew into Thanos' rectum

May 13, 2019, 8:30 AM

and then got bigger and destroyed him from the inside was WAYYYY too predictable.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oooooh....NOW it makes sense

May 13, 2019, 8:33 AM

Endgame.....

got it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, The Tigers lost 2 of 3 but I didn't die.

May 13, 2019, 8:13 AM

Bach-ed it this weekend. Did some chores. Chilled.

Started watching the 1994 Hell Freezes Over concert sattidy night, but the storms kept the satellite signal form working. Watched the French Connection (w/Gene Hackman and Roy Schneider).

77/10 cuz, meh.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Sounds like God was telling you that he too, thinks the

May 13, 2019, 8:32 AM

Eagles suck

May 13, 2019, 8:13 AM

Friday - left work early to go get the wife's mother's day present (yoga pass). ended up staying in the house and having a digorno
Saturday - Woke up an went to Folly. very nice beach day saturday morning. Ended up leaving around 11 due to baby not being able to nap in our tent. Went to my parents house with a load full of wood that evening
Sunday - went to the grocery store in the morning and purchased 2 T-Bone steaks. Combined weight was about 3.5 pounds - close to 1.5"-2" thick. Pan seared them for 3 mins each side then slid them in the oven at 425 for 10 minutes. Came out Medium-Rare. I'm not a huge fan of cooking steaks in the oven so I think I'll go back to the grill next time

May 13, 2019, 8:50 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I made it out to Folly one day last week.

May 13, 2019, 9:33 AM

They have cleaned up the main "downtown" area quite a bit, and its not as seedy as it used to be. I'll check it out again in another 10 years and post progress notes then.

Re: 10/10...House Sold. Retiring in 2 Weeks....'Nuff Said

May 13, 2019, 8:14 AM

Though Tigers baseball still appears to be playing themselves out of a regional bid. But, on the brighter side, the Study Hall is enjoying surprisingly good business.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiring. More tired now than when I left Friday

May 13, 2019, 8:16 AM

Friday: Don't remember

Saturday: Spent all day helping the in-laws clean up around the pool and pool house. It's become a sport each year. My FIL is a borderline hoarder. We play an annoying game of sneaking crap to the dump without him finding out and fussing that he still needs that pool float that has a massive hole in it. Of course my lazy ### sister in law does what she does best, show up after the work is done. BIL woke her up at 11 am. We were all suppose to be there at 9am. She shows up at 2 pm. Was worn the #### out.

Sunday: Went to church with mother of for mother's day. Took wife of out for lunch. Swung by grandmother's house. Then grilled steaks that night.

Overall tiring.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

INTENSE. Currently SIOAIT

May 13, 2019, 8:22 AM

Friday - Clemson
Saturday - Waffle House, Mother's Day shopping, made spaghetti
Sunday - Mother's Day. Made filets for OtisLady. GOT. Got laid.

Re: INTENSE. Currently SIOAIT

May 13, 2019, 9:47 AM

Re: INTENSE. Currently SIOAIT

May 13, 2019, 11:01 AM [ in reply to INTENSE. Currently SIOAIT ]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CQIBS3fyWqM

Mornin Aero,

May 13, 2019, 8:24 AM

Fri - took mom and step-dad fishing on Keowee, caught a few, pizza for dinner

Sat - woke up with stomach bug, layed in da bed all day, projectile vomited before making it completely to the terlit

Sun - felt better, went to church, had mom over for lunch, after they left put kids down for nap and gave MsLovin the gift that made her a mother 5 years ago.

The End.

May 13, 2019, 8:43 AM

Friday is a b!ur now.

Saturday went to MUSC visited wife in ICU. Surgery was success, but problems since.

Sunday massive soccer watching. Sunday lunch was shrimp fettuccine and roasted asparagus I made.

Today, Have Gun Will Travel, written by Gene Roddenbury, who created Star Trek.

T's and P's for your wife.

May 13, 2019, 7:11 PM

and for quick recovery.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not bad, could have been better

May 13, 2019, 8:45 AM

Aiken Bluegrass Festival this weekend. Went for a good bit Friday, and about half Saturday. Wife was not able to go so not only did I pi$s away the money that was spent on her ticket, but I missed her not being there with me. But the parts that I saw were really good.

6/10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Did you see Circles Around the Sun?

May 13, 2019, 8:47 AM

I've been pimping them since they played the setbreaks at Grateful Dead 50 and those tracks were released. I would like to see them live but ALL instrumental would bore my wife to death.

No, missed them

May 13, 2019, 8:50 AM

They were on the schedule later Saturday evening and I was already gone :(

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

damnson...you should have told me you had an unused ticket***

May 13, 2019, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Not bad, could have been better ]

I didn't know it was going to be unused.

May 13, 2019, 9:48 AM

Was hoping she could make it, but didn't happen.

bishes***

May 13, 2019, 9:51 AM

Eggzackry***

May 13, 2019, 10:01 AM

you got any pigs of those parts?***

May 13, 2019, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Not bad, could have been better ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Apparently Im Greenr....Bday and Moms day

May 13, 2019, 8:54 AM

Friday had a nice dinner in Dtown Greenville, Then went to Charlie Daniels/Alabama Concert.

Charlie Rocked the house as a well as an 82 yr old fiddler can. I hope Im that active at 62 since I am already NOT that active at 52. Alabama sounds just as good and they have never been a jump around band anyway.

There are lots of old people in Greenville.

Friday night...poundtown, sat morning repeat (bithday #####!)

Saturday, Drove down to old home place and surprised my mom for mothers day. So surprising that she was out shopping with my sister until 6pm. But was able to sit in the shade with my dad and tell stories to my kids about his and my childhoods on the farm. Boys rode 4 wheeler and shot bb guns. (was almost an Alabama song)

Sat night, cooked to Butts on the smoker and slept on a couch in the hottest house in SC.

Sunday, enjoyed family and cooked mom lunch. BBQ, Corn on the cob, Scalloped potatoes and salad. Napped and then drove back up the hill.

Showed the boys how to take care of a lady. Stopped for gas in Clinton, and helped a damsel in distress change her tire and put air in her spare (unfortunately, that is not some sexy pun :( )
Followed her to greenville to make sure she got into civilization ok. Who doesnt teach their kids how to change a tire and use an air compressor? BTW, there is an adorable young lady in Dtown Greenville in desperate need of a man.

all in all exhausting, but great.

AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH.

May 13, 2019, 9:05 AM

Friday, went to Winthrop baseball game, drank a few PBRs and sat with all the pro scouts behind the plate. Had a good time, then headed over to Hickory Tavern to eat and watch a co-worker's band play. Band was excellent, the food and service at HT was NOT. Almost an hour to get food on a night that wasn't packed, server was very nice, which only slightly made up for her incompetence. The homemade chips that came with the sandwich followed about 20 minutes later, and our girl brought the wrong check and yet again disappeared for too long. Totally reinforced my notion that HT is NOT in my restaurant rotation, and never would have gone if it wasn't for the band in the first place.

Saturday, slept way too late, got up and drank a few cups of coffee, long walk with the pup. Piddled around the house until finally heading out to do some Mom's Day shopping. Picked up several cool Clemson items for RH Mom, then back to the house to get cleaned up and dressed for the York prom. I was a good husband and sat quietly with Mrs. Tig while she checked students in. My big takeaways from Saturday night: (1) Far too many girls in York come from single mother homes, because dads would NEVER have let some of those girls leave the house like that (2) Tuxedos now have a formal trucker cap option, and half the boys there chose that option (3) Kids today are stupider because the music is stupider. Left after the 2 hour shift with a headache from booming, echoing rap music in a high school gym. Expected to go eat, but it was a monsoon rainstorm so just went home and threw a Marie Callender's chicken pot pie in the microwave, ate, and crashed.

Sunday, got up and got cleaned up and took the whole family to Flipside Restaurant with an 11:30 R E S E R V A T I O N. Seated at 12:15. Food and service were great though. Went home and walked the pup, then off to the grocery store. Back home and started the rest of the chores I had put off all weekend. Noticed the fridge had stopped cooling, so we scrambled to move the beer from the beer fridge into the big Cabela's cooler, and the food stuff into the beer fridge. Finally sat down with everything done at 10:30, too tired to even drink a beer, so I took the pup out and crashed.

While it wasn't a murderous weekend by any stretch, it was filled with numerous minor annoyances. If I'm going to rank it, I'll use the SEC coaches scale and give the weekend a half-Muschamp. Also...after watching Winthrop play Friday night, I realized just how bad we really are this year in baseblah.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We did Flipside on Saturday night. 6:00 reservations, sat

May 13, 2019, 9:11 AM

down at 6:15 and didn't get out of there until 730 and one couple had to get their dessert togo. Terribly slow and, TBH, the food really isn't THAT good. We easily dropped $60 for some shrimp & grits that used to be alot better (when they actually had a good helping of grits in them and less tomatoes) and some grilled chicken. Rock Hill craves a "nice" restaurant then ruins it when they get one.

No complaints with the brunch menu.

May 13, 2019, 9:16 AM

Yeah...it's not as good as it used to be, but everything we had Sunday morning was very good in spite of them being backed up. Also, last time I was there I had what may very well be the best tomato bisque I have ever eaten, so I'll reserve judgement on them having fully Rock Hilled. I do wish we had gone to friendly for the buffet, but I would have eaten far too much and been worthless the rest of the day, so there's that. Plus, as long as GG owns friendly, you can be guaranteed the food will be good. Say otherwise, and he'll send someone to break your effin' leg.

Re: We did Flipside on Saturday night. 6:00 reservations, sat

May 13, 2019, 10:06 AM [ in reply to We did Flipside on Saturday night. 6:00 reservations, sat ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got sold, and the food and service has taken a dip too.

May 13, 2019, 11:39 AM

Maybe they've gotten their feces together now, but I haven't been back since just after the transition.

son offa.......you can't go back. You can never go back....***

May 13, 2019, 11:40 AM

They still seem to have a crowd there, but my experience

May 13, 2019, 11:52 AM

has been mirrored by enough people that I'll wait to hear good things before trying again.

That sucks to hear about HT.

May 13, 2019, 9:50 AM [ in reply to AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH. ]

The one at 49 and 160 was always solid when we were there, and if you got the bee sting wing flavor and had them charred on the grill post-saucing, they were up there with Charlottes best (even if they did steal the flavor and name from Moosehead Tavern.)

The RH location has consistently been inconsistent since it

May 13, 2019, 11:45 AM

opened. We go and it disappoints, don't go back until it gets chosen with a group and it's surprises, go back and it's meh (or worse) again, rinse, repeat. I'm sure I'll go back again, but it won't be of my own accord. It's sad, because it's just down the street from home and would be a good regular spot if I could depend on it.

prom pigs?***

May 13, 2019, 9:56 AM [ in reply to AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. Lots of them.

May 13, 2019, 11:53 AM

Dabo should start recruiting offensive linewomen from York.

Not as good as some better than others

May 13, 2019, 9:05 AM

Hung out at Walnut Grove Saturday until rain threatened then ate messican and drank beer

Sunday took care of Mom in law and Mom in birth with a pick nick at Lake Cooley

Good times

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

May 13, 2019, 9:18 AM

Hungout with my Mom all weekend. Great weekend of food, movies, and some NBA.

Pretty good....

May 13, 2019, 9:24 AM

Friday...took day off 'cause wife-of had to have some tests done (might need to have gallbladder removed). Did some stuff around the house. Found some old pics from 90's Clemson and post-Clemson days...and got lost down that rabbit hole.

Saturday...went with family to Aiken to see my Mom. Had dinner at Romas and then went to a friend's house and had a few beers.

Sunday...church with my Mom, then brunch with my family and Big Daddy's family, sans Big Daddy/wife-o Big Daddy (btw your brother failed to disclose you were going to wife-of's family). Then back to my mom's house to work on bills/paperwork for her. Then home and made breakfast-for-dinner.

Pssst...

May 13, 2019, 9:25 AM

My brother is an idiot.

And if you are asking which one? Yes.

Well, I'm still sorta 7-spotted, so who knows.

May 13, 2019, 9:25 AM

Which I don't understand, because I got home at like 12 last night and quickly went to bed. My liver doesn't seem to be functioning as well as it used to.

Anyway, I think we went out to eat a couple times on Friday and Saturday, then went to mothers day in N Chs yesterday. Have I mentioned lately how much N Chs sucks? Cause if not...N Chs sucks. Its just nasty there.

Watched Hans Wenzel yesterday, then had the wonderful idea of going to see a country band at 9 pm at The commodore downtown. That was stupid but it seemed like a great idea at the time. I had already been over served rum at The Southern by that time, and continued to drink when I got there. But here I am at 9 am still mostly drunk, starting a hangover, getting the shakes and feeling terrible. I'm not doing this again. I think I skipped out on my tab there, so i gotta go fix that at lunch, too.

2/10 because N Chs and now I feel like hell today.

I thought I saw you in Charleston about a week ago....

May 13, 2019, 9:37 AM

In a black GMC product on 26, but no Clemson stuff. So probably wasn't you.

Nope..mine is silver

May 13, 2019, 9:44 AM

Has an Esso club sticker on it, and some miscellaneous fishing ########.

10:50 hangover update

May 13, 2019, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Well, I'm still sorta 7-spotted, so who knows. ]

everything is too bright, and I have to squint to look at anything. dull nauseous headache. dizzy af walking. I may vomit at any moment.

But now I remember! THIS is why I don't drink liquor.

11:50 Hangover update

May 13, 2019, 11:53 AM

I need a nap. Despite having drank about a half gallon of water, I haven't peed yet. Dull nauseous headache is now roaring load nauseous headache. took a BC powder and now I'm all jumpy from the caffeine. Everything is still too bright.

This is going to be a very long day.

I am so proud of you.

May 14, 2019, 1:21 AM

Awesome.

I am so proud of you.

May 14, 2019, 1:20 AM [ in reply to 10:50 hangover update ]

Are

I am so proud of you.

May 14, 2019, 1:19 AM [ in reply to Well, I'm still sorta 7-spotted, so who knows. ]

You

I am currently on day 3 of a 10 day weekend.

So far so good.

Once we arrive at our final destination today, my goal is to drink all of the bourbon in the world. Of course I will pace myself with delicious ice cold beer and occasional activities with the family. Y’all keep it real.

3/10 and the end is drawing ever nigh.

my son is a Pharm-Dawg!

yeah GA sucks and everything but my kid is now a graduate and is looking for a job in pharma. He's got a degree in Pharmaceutical Studies

If anyone is in the legal pharmaceutical industries, reach out to me and help him get a job. He is not moving home

Thanks in advance

surprised he didn't have a job waiting for him

May 13, 2019, 9:55 AM

A friends son graduated from Clemson then MUSC in Pharm D and started contracting with MUSC when he graduated. They rolled him full time pretty quickly after, and he's been there like 3 years, and he's already the head of his dept. I don't see him much, but probably will in a few weeks and will ask him what he's got going on job wise for a new grad if you'd like.

yeah please do

May 13, 2019, 10:00 AM

he doesn't have a job because he hasn't looked. I need to remind him this week that he went to college to get a job. Maybe he forgot that

I think because there aren't many Pharm Studies grads out there (only 28 from UGA and only 11 colleges have this degree), he will have a good chance to get a job

Is he handsome? Have a way with BS?

May 13, 2019, 10:04 AM

Skip that pharmacist junk and jump right into pharma sales. Yes, it’s soul crushing but you get a company car, sweet awards trips, and you’ll be making double what the pharmacist does.

I went to Clemson with a lot of guys in Pharma Studies.

May 13, 2019, 11:48 AM [ in reply to my son is a Pharm-Dawg! ]

A handful of them still study pharmaceuticals.

Intently.

Those were the two most popular minors in my circle

May 13, 2019, 11:55 AM

Pharmaceutical studies and Recreational Gynecology

Good stuff

May 13, 2019, 10:04 AM

Took wife of and three of five kids of to NYC. Friday, arrived at 8AM and dropped our stuff at the Hotel and then walked Central park and spent a few hours at the Met. Then dinner in Chinatown and drinks/dessert in little Italy.

Saturday went to the 9/11 memorial (immensely well done, do recommend) and then walked down to Battery Park and had some beers at the Oyster place down there. Walked up the waterline to the meatpacking district for lunch and then walked the high line back to times square. Ordered the kids a pizza and then wife and I hung out at an italian place near the hotel and talked to the old man/owner/bartender while he made me triple Manhattans.

Sunday up and out in the rain to walk around the shops at Rockefeller Center before eating at Rock Center Cafe which was some overrated overpriced ########, btw. Our friends wanted to eat there and we agreed but it was not good.

Then we went to Tiffanys and took pictures with half the staff because they wanted pictures with our baby. She had about eight people give her Tiffany's jewelry bags to hold for a picture. Then we walked around a bit more, had a couple of beers at Bills Burgers and headed to the Airport.

Would do again minus the Rock Center Cafe.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2019, 10:43 AM

Friday: chilled

Saturday: worked around the house, watched golf and Monk marathon

Sunday: watched Naked and Afraid marathon, took ms midland out for supper, a good friend joined us, it was his first Mother’s Day without his mom.

It was ok

May 13, 2019, 12:14 PM

Friday worked until 8, and watched one of the Avenger movies

Saturday worked until 2, went to dinner with mommer n em came home and cut grass. I finished up exactly 1 minute before the rains came.

Sunday chillaxed all day. Hung out at mommer n ems in the evening. She wanted to watch Wicked Tuna

May 13, 2019, 12:23 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WolIS6PfJfQ

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 62
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic