Topic: Good morning Tigernet land!!! It's another beautiful, a
Replies: 21   Last Post: Dec 14, 2019 1:36 PM by: 76er®
[ Tiger Boards - Amphitheatre ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 21  

Good morning Tigernet land!!! It's another beautiful, a

[15]
Posted: Dec 14, 2019 7:27 AM

little wet but beautiful just the same. Worked all night. My weekend to be the "manager on duty". Twelve hours, two nights. MfOjr. is with his mom so this weekend worked perfectly. Nothing big planned for today. Sleep a fair amount, wrap gifts and watch some tv before coming back in for twelve more hours of this. Then I'm done!!! Wish all Clemson and Ohio St. fans a wonderful day and as tigertoo92 would always say: "be sweet and play nice".

Message was edited by: Had to correct myself.

2020 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Good morning Tigernet land!!! It's another beautiful, a

[7]
Posted: Dec 14, 2019 9:05 AM

Sunny and warm here. I am leaving soon for the annual Clewiston Birding Festival.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

How do you consistently come up with all this craziness....***

[4]
Posted: Dec 14, 2019 9:19 AM

2020 white level member

Posted: Dec 14, 2019 12:07 PM

If I venmo you the cash, would you be willing to pick me up one of those prehistoric bird hats with the cord to make the wings flap? My nephew has been DYING for one ever since we harvested our Thanksgiving Turkey Buzzard.

2020 white level member

I had two jobs scheduled for today and both got cancelled

[2]
Posted: Dec 14, 2019 9:07 AM

yesterday, so I get an unexpected day off. Got a bonus yesterday so I don't need the extra money either! Hanging out by the fireplace with my dogs...

[7]
Posted: Dec 14, 2019 9:14 AM

Morning MoVfro!

Im in the fog on the Delaware Bay .

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

DB23

[6]
Posted: Dec 14, 2019 9:15 AM

typical dug, out looking for seamen.

[3]
Posted: Dec 14, 2019 9:23 AM

RA'd becuz groce

DB23

[2]
Posted: Dec 14, 2019 9:17 AM

how many crew members do you have?

[3]
Posted: Dec 14, 2019 9:22 AM

This is a little 4-Man Pusher tug . 4 rooms , 4 dudes .

Ignore Balm ... he doesn't know my life .

DB23

[3]
Posted: Dec 14, 2019 9:25 AM

I've always ignored him. :)

man pusher tug huh?

[2]
Posted: Dec 14, 2019 9:32 AM

Re: man pusher tug huh?

[2]
Posted: Dec 14, 2019 9:38 AM

Mayfrovo was trying to have a nice thread here and now you've gone and hijinxed it to death .

Prevert.

DB23

Re: man pusher tug huh?

[2]
Posted: Dec 14, 2019 9:38 AM

Double poast . So I raced it and now I am going to say how much I enjoy farmer's markets .

DB23

Reminds me of about 15 years ago, when I got caught in the

[4]
Posted: Dec 14, 2019 9:57 AM

fog on Lake Russell. I was in a little 14 jon boat by myself on a Sunday afternoon in Feb. I had put in at Allen Creek and was across the main lake fishing a bank where the golf course is. About 4 pm I noticed fog coming up river from the direction of the ### down river. I didn't pay it too much attention and in about 30 minutes it was all over me. I could barely see the bank 30 feet away. So, I decided I better try to get across thd lake back to the mouth of Allen Creek. Well, I lined up in the direction I needed to go and started very slowly(No GPS or Compass} I had gone about 50 feet and I could not see the bank I had just left. In front of me, I SWEAR THIS IS THE TRUTH, I could not tell where the water stopped and the fog began. SO...I WENT VERY SLOW. 45 minutes later, I barely began to see what I thought was the bank...and when I finally recoginized A SAND TRAP!!, my first thought was, HAVE THEY BUILT A GOLF COURSE ON THIS SIDE OF THE LAKE. I mean, I have been on the water all my life and I was completetely turned around. Well, I decided to ease down the bank carefully to try and determine where I was. In just a few feet, I came to a telephone poll with #55 on it. Boys, THAT IS EXACTLY WHERE I had left 45 minutes before. I was like, dadgum Spud, can you not navigate? SO, I lined up again, to where I wanted to be and headed out. Well, 45 minutes later I am back at telephone pole 55! I have since learned that the torque on your motor can turn you slightly. At this point, it is about 5:45 and I am thinking if I head out now, by the time I get to the bank, it will be pitch dark, and I will not even know which side of the lake I am on, so, I dropped anchor and made a command decision to just wait until the fog lifted. Oh, and did I say I HAD NO PHONE RECEPTION SO I COULD NOT ALERT MRS. SPUD THAT I WAS OK. Big burden on my mind at the time. Anyway, about 10 pm, the fog lifted and I could see a feint light through it on the other side and I headed out. But, only after hanging a light in a tree....just in case the light on the other bank was a cat fisherman that decided it was time to go home before I got across. Fortunately, I made it this time, but when I got to the ramp I had a big surprise. There was a police officer there and when I walked up he said," Are you Mr. Spud? ( Real name not used to protect the innocent) And when I said,"Yessir", he said into his phone,"Mrs. Spud, I have him, he is OK"........Mrs. Spud was ready to hug me and beat me at the same time....Now days, I have a compass on my person every time I am on the water.....You do not want to deal with a 5'3", 104 lb. angry person if you don't have to....

Have a nice Saturday fellas,

Spud

2020 white level member

Re: Reminds me of about 15 years ago, when I got caught in the

[1]
Posted: Dec 14, 2019 12:45 PM

That is so funny. Several years ago my friend and I took our two 12 year old nephews up the lake several miles. My friend landed a 5 LB bass on his first cast so we ignored the far off thunder the incoming storm clouds that were building up.

Well as usual as 2 boneheads me and Wayne let it get dark just as the storm came over the mountains. There was heavy rain , thunder and good old lightning.

Me and Goober ( my friend ) were in an aluminum pontoon and had last our way. I was praying while my friend was cussing up a storm. I was just hoping God did not strike the pontoon and take me with him.

Out of know where we saw a flicker of a light a few miles south. We followed that light and ended up back the landing. I jumped onto the dock and kissed grateful to be back. I can empathize with your situation. If you are not alert nature can leave you in a difficult situation at Lake Jocassee. It was a lantern. Two guys were putting there boat on their trailer. God answers prayers because we were thinking about turning right taking us away from the landing.

Jocassee is a beautiful lake but don’t take anything for granted while on the water or hiking.

Great story Spud. But I never would have expected you to get lost. That’s something me and my dad usually do. Lol

Have a great weekend and say hello to Mrs. Spud.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

That does not look like a good place to be***

[1]
Posted: Dec 14, 2019 10:26 AM

Re: That does not look like a good place to be***

Posted: Dec 14, 2019 12:58 PM

Neal in NC,

Lake Jocassee is one of the most beautiful reservoirs I have ever taken my boat on. It was around built around 1970 in a deep valley. My depth finder has charted depths over 400 feet. Because Jocassee is so deep and surrounded by mountains a thunder storm can roll in on you really quick or a fog bank can come out of nowhere. But there are several beautiful waterfalls , coves and the water is so clear you can see anywhere from 25 to 35 feet deep.

It’s worth a visit. I was Jesus st not using my brain that night.

Re: This new era of wokeness be like.......

[1]
Posted: Dec 14, 2019 9:42 AM

2020 white level member

Oct. 10, 2019: "Power 5 is just an elitist title to keep other programs down." - Watkins Hopkins or is it Watkins and Hopkins?

[1]
Posted: Dec 14, 2019 12:22 PM

Have a great weekend my Tigernet friends. MyFavOrange Don’t work to hard and we hope to see you and Jr soon.

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

Every day in God's country is a beautiful day.***

[1]
Posted: Dec 14, 2019 12:50 PM

My Pastor starts off his Pastoral Prayer the same way

Posted: Dec 14, 2019 1:36 PM

every Sunday. "Thank You Lord for this great day. Any day we can get out of bed and get moving, it's a great day."

And, he's always right.

Replies: 21  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: (2) Section UE...$3000 for the pair. Email if interested. Go Tigers!!

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Amphitheatre ]
Start New Topic
1148 people have read this post