Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good idea? Rotate the National Championship game between
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,013

Good idea? Rotate the National Championship game between

Jan 17, 2019, 12:19 PM

the 6 major bowls. If Santa Clara was really that bad (can't say I was unhappy as long as the Tiger's won! lol) of a location then if you go to a system where the title game rotates between the cities of the 6 major bowls you would have the title game in more college football friendly places (Miami , Atlanta , New Orleans , Dallas , Phoenix ,Pasadena).The sponsors of the natty game would have to split the money with the sponsors of the bowls but you would think the average attendance would be higher , though attendance in Santa Clara was just shy of 75,000 I believe. I think it would be great to elevate the New Years Day bowls back to a higher place and the winner of the natty game would get a bowl trophy and the natty trophy like Clemson did after they beat Nebraska. It would give back college football a little bit of tradition that has been lost.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good idea? Rotate the National Championship game between

Jan 17, 2019, 12:31 PM

The Rose Bowl would have a fit if they had to move their game further from New Years Day. Shocked they agreed to move away from their PAC-BIG10 matchup to host the playoff every few years. I like that they already rotate the playoff games between those bowls.

All of the locations you mentioned are scheduled

Jan 17, 2019, 12:32 PM

to host, or have already hosted, a CFP Championship Game.

2015: Dallas
2016: Phoenix
2017: Tampa
2018: Atlanta
2019: SF Bay
2020: New Orleans
2021: Miami
2022: Indianapolis
2023: Los Angeles
2024: Houston

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

New Orleans! Good. We Need To Exercise Some Demons

Jan 17, 2019, 12:45 PM

in that building!
Not one bubble screen will be thrown and we won't back off from pressuring Tua! Deep in the heart of SEC country. Hope we have Pac 12 refs(they hate the sec more than we do i'm told). If not, Big 10 officials!

Go Tigers!

**obviously, that's if all the coaching turnover don't catch up with the crimson elephant! And, if nothing unforeseen happens to any of our key guys! I don't see anyone on the horizon with enough combination of: coaching, talent, depth, intangibles, etc. to deal with either bamer or The Tigers at this point!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Orleans! Good. We Need To Exercise Some Demons

Jan 17, 2019, 1:14 PM

if demons exercise, don't they get stronger?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2023 will be the new stadium in Los Angeles

Jan 17, 2019, 12:55 PM [ in reply to All of the locations you mentioned are scheduled ]

at the old Hollywood Park, not the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.

I figured LA was close enough***

Jan 17, 2019, 1:02 PM

Re: All of the locations you mentioned are scheduled

Jan 17, 2019, 1:27 PM [ in reply to All of the locations you mentioned are scheduled ]

When will Vegas get a natty?

Re: All of the locations you mentioned are scheduled

Jan 17, 2019, 2:07 PM

When will Vegas get a natty?

For sure when Davis gets that stadilium built ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe Mr. Tepper will get a Dome In Charlotte Soon!

Jan 17, 2019, 12:54 PM

He has mentioned wanting to get a domed stadium for the Panthers before! We'll see how that goes. But, it would be great to have the NC game in Charlotte! In the heart of ACC country! No, I don't really count Miami. Everybody gets players from down there and UM fan base isn't the most passionate. Look at all the other locations: New Orleans, Atlanta, Tampa - more SEC friendly. The PAC 12 has been struggling recently; but you have to keep up appearances. You have to give them the opportunity to host.
The folks who said look at the attendance for the NC game never mention the fact the two schools were so far away. Or it was a weekday that far away. Same two teams in Atlanta or New Orleans or even Miami and the story would have been totally different! I would expect a similar attendance issue if say: Boise State and Washington St. played in Tampa!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe Mr. Tepper will get a Dome In Charlotte Soon!

Jan 17, 2019, 1:15 PM

it would at least be nice to have the ACC Championship game indoors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He’s a liberal. Don’t count on much of anything getting done.***

Jan 17, 2019, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Maybe Mr. Tepper will get a Dome In Charlotte Soon! ]

Re: Maybe Mr. Tepper will get a Dome In Charlotte Soon!

Jan 17, 2019, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Maybe Mr. Tepper will get a Dome In Charlotte Soon! ]

Natty was a sell out. 75,000 attended. Less 1,000 were locals.

Jan 17, 2019, 1:08 PM

It’s turned into the Olympics selection and bidding process now. No telling how much the CFP is raking in under the table from host cities. Soon to be a soulless NFL-like game.

Jan 17, 2019, 1:13 PM

Just play it in either Dallas or Atlanta every year. No reason to ever okay a game if that significance outside of a dome. Weather shouldn’t ever be a factor.

Jan 17, 2019, 1:26 PM

Football should never be indoors or on anything but grass.

Jan 17, 2019, 1:57 PM

I hate when games are affected by weather. Every single stadium in the country should be required to be a dome.

Even the locals in the Bay Area were saying...

Jan 17, 2019, 1:50 PM

that Levis Stadium was a terrible choice to host the championship game.

In fairness, the weather cooperated, it turned out to be a great day, and an even better game.

That said, there are better venues, in my opinion, for hosting the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,013
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic