Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good breakdown of coots QB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Good breakdown of coots QB

Mar 26, 2016, 12:17 PM

http://clemson.247sports.com/Board/22/Contents/Allseps-Lazy-Muschamp-Eval-Meltdown-40-44486701

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Good breakdown of coots QB

Mar 26, 2016, 12:48 PM

#### that was good.
TW, in your best unbiased opinion, what do you make of Bentley? I would say Brice is better but Bentley reminds me of Zerrick Cooper almost. He runs smoothly and has a good touch.

Mar 26, 2016, 2:18 PM

Someone told me Bentley looked very average at the Nike event and was not impressive at all. Average to weak arm.
He's been terribly coached his entire life if you get my drift.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Mar 26, 2016, 4:27 PM

If that assessment is accurate, he will feel right at home at usuc under Muschamp.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2016, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Good breakdown of coots QB ]

@tigerwoods I second that. I watched some clips if him and Brice and Brice smoked him.
What's weird is in his hudl film, Bentley has a nice touch on deep ball. I agree he looks raw though. Gonna need some coaching and not sure if SC has that.
If he works out, he could be a stud though.

Mar 26, 2016, 12:57 PM

Thanks for posting that, it was a great read. I had no idea Florida had so many highly top 100 qb prospects in the past 5 years. It's amazing they've had so much trouble at that position. I can't blame him for treon Harris though, he can't throw a football to save his life.

Mar 26, 2016, 2:01 PM

It's a bit of a lazy analysis by the guy criticizing a lazy analysis.

Muschamp didn't coach the offense or QBs. Muschamp made two poor OC hires and by the time he made the third it was too late.

That's the key here. His success at Carolina is going to be dependent on Roper actually being a good OC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Mar 26, 2016, 2:13 PM

Wasn't Roper his OC and QB coach at FLA in 2014?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 26, 2016, 2:54 PM

Yes and he was better with Treon Harris than this years UF staff.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2016, 3:06 PM

Huh? What a shocker you don't know what you're talking about.

In 2014 under roper, Harris threw for 1019 yards with a 49.6 completion % and a qbr of 55.7

Last year Harris threw for 1676 yards with a completion % of 50.6 and a qbr of 54.

He has sucked both years no matter who has coached him, so don't try and make your offensive coordinator look better than he is.

Mar 26, 2016, 3:36 PM

If you want to say Roper did as good of a job as a head coach known for being a national championship offensive coordinator, that's fine with me.

the point you seem to be missing is that NEITHER of them

Mar 26, 2016, 4:20 PM

did a GOOD job with Treon

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sirius kweshun...

Mar 26, 2016, 5:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Good breakdown of coots QB ]

Are we talking about the same problem - that the first two OCs were really bad, or that the head coach really sucks at choosing members of his staff and got canned for that shortcoming?

Again, sirius kweshun...

Re: Sirius kweshun...

Mar 26, 2016, 5:18 PM

He very well could just be bad at hiring offensive staff. That's a valid criticism so far.

Yes.***

Mar 26, 2016, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Good breakdown of coots QB ]

UF was loaded by the time Roper was hired.

Mar 26, 2016, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Good breakdown of coots QB ]

Good OC's are good in their first year(IE Chad Morris,Lincoln Riley) with talent on the team. Roper failed to produce and the whole staff was fired. LOL

having a roster full of 4 and 5 stars might also help

Mar 26, 2016, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Good breakdown of coots QB ]

Lot of work to be done to be playing with the same deck he had at fla

If he's playing with the same deck/hand he had at UF

Mar 26, 2016, 3:18 PM

I think I'd call his bluff.... "Fish gotta' swim and birds gotta' fly..." and losers gotta'....

Re: If he's playing with the same deck/hand he had at UF

Mar 26, 2016, 4:34 PM

He hasn't got near the weapons, nor the ability to attract them, at usuc as he had at UF, nor ever will he.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2016, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Good breakdown of coots QB ]

Muschump recruited him so I do blame Muschump
for Harris to some degree.

I've seen the "Muschamp didn't have QB at UF" comments ...

Mar 26, 2016, 1:14 PM

... on FGF too.

What are they smoking?

He had so much QB talent at UF it is ridiculous.

I don't think he could have won at UF with Watson. He is a QB killer.

But not as much talent as Georgia Southern

Mar 26, 2016, 2:42 PM

or The Citadel

Re: I've seen the "Muschamp didn't have QB at UF" comments ...

Mar 26, 2016, 4:35 PM [ in reply to I've seen the "Muschamp didn't have QB at UF" comments ... ]

I think he's a program killer.

Re: I've seen the "Muschamp didn't have QB at UF" comments ...

Mar 26, 2016, 6:26 PM [ in reply to I've seen the "Muschamp didn't have QB at UF" comments ... ]

Doesnt know how to run an offense

Our d-line is going to breakdown whoever they put back there***

Mar 26, 2016, 1:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: Our d-line is going to breakdown whoever they put back there***

Mar 26, 2016, 2:27 PM

Exactly. He's got many of the same coaches he had in Fla. Those coots are a clueless bunch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2016, 4:38 PM

There is no news in your post. Everybody except the cluckers knows that. That is why it's such a great post. It is so brutally honest, and that's what hurts them so bad.

Mar 26, 2016, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Our d-line is going to breakdown whoever they put back there*** ]

Clueless and still setting their selves up for a huge let down the same as they always have. Then they will blame Clemson for their down fall the same as they always have... Their history of failure has always been bc of the failure of their administration not giving a chit whether they have a great athletic program or not. They just know that they're not going to spend what ever it takes to keep up with the Joneses. They have been in the sec what, 25 years now. And they just got an indoor FB practice field, and look at it!!! But, their indoor practice field has a training table in side their practice facility, Pretty fancy!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic