Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good But Not Great
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Good But Not Great

Jul 16, 2019, 4:01 PM

We are constantly being reminded by Gamecock fans that Coach Muschamp is a super recruiter. Thus far, during his time in Columbia, I have seen no evidence to support this assumption. In fact, I would rate his recruiting success a bit below average, Now, according to Kornblut, out of the mouth of a recent recruit who has spurned the Camecocks, comes these words of enlightenment. ???? told reporters what separated his final choice from South Carolina in his final analysis was the difference in the relationship he felt for the two coaching staffs. "I had a good relationship, but I didn't have a great relationship with the coaches at South Carolina".

And just who ????? might be? None other than Myles Murphy.

(This from Phil Kornblut's column in today's issue (July 16, 2019) of the Seneca Journal)

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good But Not Great

Jul 16, 2019, 4:31 PM

I would say he's doing above what is expected at U5C right now competing for local recruits against the likes of Clemson UGA and with the occassional Alabama, UNC getting Mack Brown surprisingly has increased their recruiting and UT is on a good recruiting tear with Pruitt spiking them up a bit. I don't think I ever would consider him a GREAT recruiter though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2019, 4:35 PM

But remember we were told something about ice and Eskimo’s and a hot wife. What all that has too do with recruiting, I don’t know.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2019, 4:41 PM

Half of the recruits he did get was due to Clemson being full at their position. Their top 3 for 2019 would drop them in a heart beat if they could start at Clemson. Of course I’m sure some will drop them regardless in the next several months.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic