Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gonna be a sad time if one of Clemson’s very best teams sits on the bench due to..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Gonna be a sad time if one of Clemson’s very best teams sits on the bench due to..

Jun 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

an unseeable opponent in COVID-19!

After being so surprised & pleased that ETN would graciously come back to play, now he may not carry that ball ever again in Tigertown.

OK, ok..need to buck up & think positive, like Dabo, and consider a possible partial kick-off schedule in Oct or Nov at least.

What’s your thoughts?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gonna be a sad time if one of Clemson’s very best teams sits on the bench due to..

Jun 29, 2020, 11:39 PM

I hope the schools wait as long as possible to make decisions on playing. I know things seem on an uptick but things will smooth back out before August. My glass is half full.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most of this would have been behind us, but people wouldn't

Jun 30, 2020, 12:24 AM

listen to common sense. I understand people wanting to reopen ther businesses and do them as safely as possible, it is their livlihood. But people didn't have to flood to the beaches and Branson, Missouri pool parties as soon as they could. Not picking either political side, but you have "leadership" walking around doing the very opposite of what they should have been encouraging people to do.

And the last thing we needed was for every major city in the country to have thousands of people in the streets protesting every night. And the young people in this country that are supposed to be so smart are unable to connect the dots between their gatherings and the death of grandma and grandpa.

Very disapointing, and now it has delayed moving on from this. It will cause more economic hardship than what would have originally been, it will result in a likely cancelation of football season, but most tragic, it will result in tens of thousands of more deaths than needed to be. That last one is a fact.

I had this virus in late March and April. It's no fun. I got it from my wife who got it at work. I hope we saved lives by quarantining as soon as we had a hint something was wrong. I can't understand these people that had to just prove they could not wear a mask if they didn't want to. Ha ha ha, I'll show you was the attitude. And now this is where we are. Why do I sound angry? Because my football season my get cancelled? yes, but what about the fact that I have an 81 year old dad and a 79 year old mom. They have been doing their very best quarantining, missing out on great times with their grandchildren, trying to be as safe as they can when they go to the grocery store. These are the types of people I worry about. And people with underlying conditions that are middle age and older. And small children.

This country's greatest generation moved heaven and earth to win WWII to save the country for us. Now, people don't even want to wear a mask for them. I've really just had it with all the selfishness and bravado, really just had it.

I sometimes wish I was retirement age already so I would never have to go back into the world again. You'd have to get somewhere between the gatehouse and the Atlantic Ocean in Litchfield by the Sea to find me. I'll just check the world out from my tv when I come in from outside. And I'll leave the gate only to travel to way out west on the open spaces. Then come back to the ocean and stay out of this madness.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And by the way, do you remember early on when the gov't was

Jun 30, 2020, 12:34 AM

telling everyone NOT TO WEAR A MASK. They said it did no good. I picked up the phone straight away and called my parents and told them to ignore that advice. I had a box of masks ups from here to Pawleys Island to them. I said the government is either lying to us about the masks not making a difference, or they truly are ignorant. I told them to wear their masks.

Every single administrator at the CDC here in Atlanta should be fired for that screw up alone.

Re: And by the way, do you remember early on when the gov't was

Jun 30, 2020, 1:30 AM

Yep, they put our entire country at risk to save themselves is the way that I see it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And by the way, do you remember early on when the gov't was

Jun 30, 2020, 8:10 AM [ in reply to And by the way, do you remember early on when the gov't was ]

telling everyone NOT TO WEAR A MASK. They said it did no good. I picked up the phone straight away and called my parents and told them to ignore that advice. I had a box of masks ups from here to Pawleys Island to them. I said the government is either lying to us about the masks not making a difference, or they truly are ignorant. I told them to wear their masks.

Every single administrator at the CDC here in Atlanta should be fired for that screw up alone.

I think it was Fauci who recently admitted they recommended only physical distancing so that Americans wouldn’t hoard the N95 masks. They still had shortages, and us regular folks only needed cloth masks to achieve the goal of mitigation. It was stupid because informed and reasonable Americans only needed to look to SE Asia to know masks have been in regular use since the last SARS outbreak.

Re: Gonna be a sad time if one of Clemson’s very best teams sits on the bench due to..

Jun 30, 2020, 8:14 AM

If only people had worn the ###### masks, and had a president who wasn't jerking around playing golf in March.

The season will start on time. Its June.***

Jun 30, 2020, 8:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: The season will start on time. Its June.***

Jun 30, 2020, 2:18 PM

I hope your right, but, I could live without a FB season if not having it could save the life of just one person that may get struck down by the covid-19 virus!!!

Jun 30, 2020, 2:28 PM

The one person who didn't die would die of something else and probably within the next year or so.

The vast majority of deaths are very elderly with accompanying conditions.

Hyperbole like this is why we can't actually get anything done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The season will start on time. Its June.******

Jun 30, 2020, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Re: The season will start on time. Its June.*** ]

Jun 30, 2020, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: The season will start on time. Its June.*** ]

I hope your right, but, I could live without a FB season if not having it could save the life of just one person that may get struck down by the covid-19 virus!!!

Yes, but by continuing to stay “primarily shutdown”, how many Deaths due to Stress and Anxiety from Bankruptcies, mounting debt, multiple health issues that manifested themselves due to heavy stress, anxiety, depression, etc.

Finna be July.***

Jun 30, 2020, 2:46 PM [ in reply to The season will start on time. Its June.*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic