Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Golson probably picks FSU Mon. Concerned?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Golson probably picks FSU Mon. Concerned?

May 17, 2015, 8:53 PM

Initially, I didn't think his decision would effect us that much, but now that everything is pointing to him choosing FSU, it's peaked my interest a little more. He's so up and down, that I'm not sure if this is a game changer or not.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Golson probably picks FSU Mon. Concerned?

May 17, 2015, 8:58 PM

Not in the least

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't be concerned if he went to USuCk

May 17, 2015, 9:04 PM

Because they have very little skill talent to surround him with, however, at FSU he has tons of talent around him and he could make a big difference. Would much rather face Sean McGuire or one of their redshirt frosh QB's.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

May 17, 2015, 9:06 PM

Well if he stayed with Notre Dame we might have faced him anyway in a backup scenario. I really don't see anybody shaking in their Boots cause he's on an opposing Roster. I could be wrong, I just see him as really a non issue regardless of where he plays his last year of College Ball!

That is how I see it. A senior transfer is really

May 18, 2015, 9:44 AM

nothing lose sleep over. If he were some unstoppable force, he'd have been in the draft.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Russell Wilson is probably the big exception***

May 18, 2015, 9:57 AM

No - bad for team chemistry, young 5* get fewer snaps.***

May 17, 2015, 9:13 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2015, 9:43 PM

when he is ON he is very good.. when he is OFF he is bad

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have wondered if ND coach got in his head.

May 17, 2015, 9:54 PM

If Fisher coddles him like he did Winston, Golson might get back "on". Sure hoping NOT!

no chance he picks Clemson....

May 17, 2015, 9:52 PM

So no not concerned

No

May 17, 2015, 10:18 PM

I hope he starts against Clemson, he puts the ball at risk on a very regular basis.

May 17, 2015, 10:20 PM

Yes I'm concerned for him. Kid us supposed to be smart. Why is he going to a place where he is far from being named the starter. Fsu had 3 high profile qbs go through spring. That's 3 guys ahead of him right now.

May 17, 2015, 10:28 PM

Golson is not a quick study. FSU offense runs a totally different scheme than ND. If he chooses FSU, h becomes the backup QB.

May 18, 2015, 8:44 AM

Not at FSU as I think he will be a non-factor there. At USUC he might get lucky one game, and I'd rather not see him in cootlumbia.

between this and Ray-Ray going to Florida...

May 18, 2015, 8:57 AM

I am darn near perturbed.

or not...

May 18, 2015, 9:03 AM

Russell Wilson didn't seem that great until he went to Wisconsin and surrounded himself with more talent.

I think he's an upgrade over the current QBs in Tallahassee.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

May 18, 2015, 9:05 AM

BUT NOT IN COLUMBIA HUH. LMAO

May 18, 2015, 9:10 AM

He would be an upgrade over our current quarterbacks.

We can't help it he wanted to go to a better team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

or just a good team***

May 18, 2015, 11:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: or just a good team***

May 18, 2015, 11:46 AM

if you saw mcguire play against us last year and don't think a guy who played in the nc game a few years back would not be an upgrade, you need to watch a little more football. no one knows how good the other qb's on campus will be and maybe one will become the starter but golson is much better than mcguire. just like with us, if watson is not able to play for some reason, our talent level at qb will drop quickly. lets hope our ol can keep him upright and he stays healthy. not many programs outside of ohio state can afford to lose their starting qb!

May 18, 2015, 11:51 AM

Mcguire against "us"? I didnt realize the coots played fsu.

May 20, 2015, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: or just a good team*** ]

Let me stop you right there. First off, that 2012 year, Golson was backed by the #1 defense in the country. Secondly, in that same game he got eaten up, chewed up, and spit out by Alabama. Third, that Maguire kid had over 300 yards against Clemson last year. He was no scrub. Just could not escape the pressure Venables was bringing and I don't believe Winston could have either against a much better back end and less options outside of Greene. Which brings me to my fourth thing. Who is Golson throwing the ball to at FSU that was better than who he was throwing the ball to at ND? The only guy I know happens to be name Jesus and he is 100% divine. He possibly doesn't stay out of trouble in 2015.

Speak about knowing football, Golson is switching from one style of offense to another. Nothing ND does resembles anything that FSU does. So somehow, a QB who just signed on to a school at the end of May, pass spring practice will come in and somehow out duel a QB that had a redshirt year and time to know the ins and outs of the team's playbook? Golson will be situational at best with a few pass plays in his wheel house. In my estimation, the only difference between Golson and Macguire? Golson can run a little. That is all.

Oh and did someone mentioned he had 22 turnovers, 20 being ints and I distinctly remember 5 coming in one game and 6 in another....Different year I get it but he falters verses good defenses.

May 20, 2015, 3:20 PM

He isn't divine....

We just beat them 3 times in a row in baseball.

May 18, 2015, 9:31 AM

Hope the same applies to football.

I am mildly concerned. But, we are home this year. Time to reverse the trend of the last two years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

May 18, 2015, 9:45 AM

Piqued?

FSU should be concerned

May 18, 2015, 9:59 AM

If they havent recruited the QB position well enough that they need Notre Dames sloppy 2nds.

Doesn't he have to sit out the 2015 season as a transfer?***

May 18, 2015, 12:06 PM

oops..nevermind.***

May 18, 2015, 12:08 PM

Graduate transfer...***

May 18, 2015, 12:09 PM

Replies: 28
| visibility 1