Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Glad I chose Orange
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 2,364

Glad I chose Orange

Dec 24, 2017, 10:25 AM

I was a wee lad of barely 9 that fateful Saturday in '77.I turned on the tv and just by chance, a football game was on, but only a few minutes left in the fourth qtr!The team in Orange fought till the end and beat the team with the Chicken logo.I said right then "mom I like that team in Orange they are my team" A few years passed, Mom got re-married and my stepdad was a Clemson man to the bone.
He took us to Death Valley starting NCST 1981. Then back for the 82 point WF game.Then the @ Chickenville showdown where the jealous Coots where razzing us.My stepdad who had two Bum shoulders said 'I'm afraid we may have to fight these people son'. I went ahead and slapped the crap outa one Coot after he waved a Garnet pom pom in my face! I wasn't old but I wasn't scared of those morons.
Dabo is turning the knife in those Coots and enjoying it! Especially in light of the taunting of the trashy 5 peat photos.Heading to NOLA soon,life is good and what a time to be a Tiger!
Thank God I chose Orange.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My 4 year old Grandson called them the .......

Dec 24, 2017, 11:36 AM

........"Christmas" Tigers :>)

YES!!! They are !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God chose Clemson for me.

Dec 24, 2017, 11:50 AM

I grew up 40 miles from Neyland Stadium in the little east Tennessee town of Rockwood. I worked for Combustion Engineering in Chattanooga until I was laid off in the mid 70s. I moved my family to G'ville at the behest of my brother who said work was good there.

Somewhere around the end of the 1970s I realized I was in need of a higher education. When I moved to Easley I had no idea what or where Clemson was. It just happened. All the horrible years of layoffs, moving to chaise work and hard times for my family were a part of God's directing me to Clemson University.

My youngest son was born my Jr year at Clemson. He graduated from Clemson two years ago and will get his paper from Charleston Law next Christmas. We're all ALL IN!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ Appreciated your neat story 1988 & so glad you stumbled onto Clemson..

Dec 24, 2017, 4:07 PM

as i basically did in 1957 when invited to a game in DV (while putting aside my baby blue & white TarHeel basketball till i got back)..but by the time the game was over & the car passed Easley, i was a TiGER!

Oh, how's your 500SL Benz doing; i traded mine for a Chevy SSR Truck with a hard-top convertible top. Do miss its styling & great highway driving feel.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 2,364
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic