Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Giving the new contender a shot - worked for Pete Carroll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Giving the new contender a shot - worked for Pete Carroll

Apr 18, 2018, 6:45 PM

Back in the day in 2012, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll confounded all the experts by going with an unproven rookie contender for the QB job. It worked out a year later with a 2013 43-8 Super Bowl win for Russell Wilson, Carroll and a Seattle team with the best Defense in pro football. (Ref: linked article. Interesting that transferring Wilson picked up the WISC playbook in 2 weeks.)

Dabo has a tough QB decision coming up with 3-4 quality QB's in contention to start. All four appear to be high character in addition to talented. All four showed good faith in selecting Clemson as their first choice based on the university, the coaches, the players, and yes even the great fan/alumni support.

Barring injury this competition will play out however Coach Swinney wants it to play out (as it should be). And while it could play out several ways, it's a high stakes game for the QB's with NFL aspirations. If a QB does not play the 2018 season or plays little, and then loses the 2019 season to a transfer year, their college eligibility timeline will become a factor.

For this reason, I hope Coach Swinney will make a decision this Spring or early Summer to allow the kids not selected to start a chance to transfer out of conference and maintain pursuit of their NFL dreams. I expect Coach Saban would rate all the QB's equally to keep each one believing they were in the competition and locked down at Bama. I hope Dabo shows some more compassion if he already feels in his gut which direction he will pursue. I would also like to see the starter and selected backup begin getting the bulk of snaps through summer practice though I agree with many that Tigers will be 10 point-plus favorites in every regular season game with all QB's. So good luck to all involved and go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link

Apr 18, 2018, 6:46 PM

https://www.cbssports.com/general/news/carrolls-vision-in-12-preseason-put-wilson-at-qb-helped-seattle-to-sb/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Link

Apr 18, 2018, 6:53 PM

You can bet there will be at least one transfer. My bet will be Brice. He will have 3 years to play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2018, 7:17 PM

Brice has family on the staff I don't think he will transfer

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2018, 9:23 PM

Hope you are right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic