Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Getting nervous...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Getting nervous...

Nov 30, 2016, 12:31 AM

Haven't been this nervous all year but for some reason I am nervous about VT. I was more nervous about UNC last year but not as much for VT. Some please give me comparisons or #s to ease my mind.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Getting nervous...

Nov 30, 2016, 12:33 AM

VT lost to Tennessee, Syracuse and GT.

Hope that helps.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2016, 12:34 AM

Actually....

That does.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Here's more

Nov 30, 2016, 12:38 AM

Tommy Bowden is not our HC.

Swofford did not attend VT and the ACC will not field a team in the CFP if Clemson does not win.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bottom line

Nov 30, 2016, 1:01 AM

If both teams play their A games, Clemson wins by 3 TD's. Clemson seems to always play their best games in big games.

No reason to be. We will route them***

Nov 30, 2016, 1:04 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where will we route them to?***

Nov 30, 2016, 1:24 AM

Behind the 'to'***

Nov 30, 2016, 6:26 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Butterflies go away with your first hit......***

Nov 30, 2016, 2:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No significant wins against anyone in 25 except Pittsburgh

Nov 30, 2016, 5:34 AM

they beat ND but that does not say much.

3 bad losses to no one is significant.. When we lost to Pitt , we simply kept
Stumbling with our big balls

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Re: No significant wins against anyone in 25 except Pittsburgh

Nov 30, 2016, 6:22 AM

After the Pitt game, the offense went back to more run-read option and DW started keeping it for a few runs, thus opening up Gallman a little more. That didn't do that at all against Pitt. Additionally, the defense was missing against Pitt for whatever reason. They are more focused now and ready to make up for that one loss. 63-10 in the first half the last two games. Gotta come out ready. VT lost to Syracuse and GT, two teams Clemson totally dominated. Last time I checked, no snow storm in the weather forecast.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2016, 6:28 AM

Randy Cross on inside college football last night on CBS made a great point when picking the game "Clemson lost 1 game by a single point,Virginia Tech lost 3 games by double digits, I'm going with Clemson in this one"

Nov 30, 2016, 7:51 AM

interesting since he seems to typically not like us

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was getting tired of consistently being wrong...***

Nov 30, 2016, 8:11 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're ranked below UT, how hard can it be?***

Nov 30, 2016, 7:58 AM

No turnovers, no problem.***

Nov 30, 2016, 8:13 AM

Maybe I'm wrong but I think the tight

Nov 30, 2016, 8:19 AM

ballgames like the NC state, etc are gone. I think the tigers will dominate here out.

Message was edited by: dw1959®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2016, 8:23 AM
Defense.JPG(124.5 K)
Offense.JPG(123.3 K)

This game will be closer than most are anticipating. Two very similar teams in my opinion. In the end, I believe our experience in this type of game, DW4 and Big Ben are the difference. Check out the stats vs. Conference Opponents this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei.

Nov 30, 2016, 8:23 AM

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei.

Nov 30, 2016, 8:32 AM

We have 412 more Total Yards, on offense, than them. For some thats a whole game's worth of yards... Offense will be the kicker in this game. We are similar on the defensive side.

probably the 10 most meaningful stat categories

Nov 30, 2016, 8:25 AM

passing offense
rushing offense
pass defense
rush defense
sacks allowed
team sacks
turnovers lost
turnovers gained
scoring offense
scoring defense

we are better in 8 outta 10 of these categories

they have rushing offense on us
they have turnovers lost on us (however we are both bad...like 102nd & 107th bad)

then you compare the fact that we've played a tougher schedule

common opponents
GT- we beat, they lost
BC - both beat
Syracuse - we beat, they lost
Pitt - we lost, they beat

head to head opponents
NCstate > UNC
FSU > Miami
Wake > Duke

the rest of the schedule
auburn > tennessee
troy > ECU
Louisville > Notre dame
USC/UVA - push
sc state/liberty - who cares?

feel better?

Re: probably the 10 most meaningful stat categories

Nov 30, 2016, 8:40 AM

I agree, our schedule is no doubt the tougher of the two, and if you look at the defensive rank of the opponents that we have played vs. the teams VT has played, we have faced much tougher defenses outside of the common opponents. I think we are a much better team but we all know that with the Championship on the line, heart plays a big factor. As long as we don't get caught up on the CFP talk and focus on VT we shouldn't have any problem. But if we go in trying to protect our position and VT goes in having nothing to lose, we could have a fight on our hands.

Nov 30, 2016, 8:37 AM

This game will test your players' mental toughness. From a talent perspective there's no question you all have the better team. If you guys don't turn the ball over and avoid too many penalties, I would be very surprised if VT wins or even keeps it close.

However, going back to the mental part of the game.....with all of the talk flooding the airwaves and on the internet about the CFP, what Clemson is ranked, who Clemson will play, Deshaun Watson's Heisman chances etc......if your players can't get that out of their heads this week in preparation, I also wouldn't be shocked to see VT keep it very, very close or even win Saturday night. This is not Frank Beamer's offense anymore. And while I don't personally like the matchup of our D against your O, Bud Foster's been known to dial up some oddball, yet very effective defensive schemes to neutralize opponents (ala Ohio State at the Shoe in '14).

im not that concerned about..........

Nov 30, 2016, 8:52 AM

the CFB playoff talk or heisman talk being a big distraction............we had that last year and did fine.

my biggest concern as far as Clemson goes (and it's been this way seemingly all year) are the turnovers..........not just your "typical" turnovers....the inside the redzone turnovers that have seemed to plague us ALL YEAR. I'd like to think we're starting to finally hit our stride, but we'll see.

Nov 30, 2016, 8:45 AM

Being nervous will only make it better when we come out and take a 21-0 lead in the first quarter. Just gotta keep the peddle down and not let them come back.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic