Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Georgia Tech is going to be a tough out for us.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Georgia Tech is going to be a tough out for us.

Sep 15, 2013, 9:26 AM

Georgia Tech looks fast and a lot more comfortable than last year. I believe our linebackers are better than last year, and that is good, we are going to need them. I am also glad that we have the power of Death Valley on our side this year. Still.. this is going to be a tough game for Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

Re: Georgia Tech is going to be a tough out for us.

Sep 15, 2013, 9:28 AM

I think we handle them pretty easily. Their strength will be neutralized by our front 7. We have fast, athletic DL/LB's that play disciplined FB. PJ will have his hands full.

We will wear out there defense!

Sep 15, 2013, 9:29 AM

Then out score them!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope you are right!

Sep 15, 2013, 9:31 AM

I was at the ACC championship game in Tampa several years ago. Still can't believe we couldn't make them punt for an entire game, and I remember that we were losing in the 3rd quarter to them last year. They are an enigma.

Go Tigers!

63-17

Re: Hope you are right!

Sep 15, 2013, 9:33 AM

They are definitely an enigma. They seem to play their best game of the year against us every year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2013, 9:30 AM

Their offense did look pretty good yesterday. Vad Lee can throw the ball pretty well and they looked like they were running with ease on Duke. I still think their D is weak. I think we can shred them, and if we can get out to a 14 point lead and force them to start throwing, we will win comfortably. Our pass coverage has been bad at times, but I think GT will get very uncomfortable if they have to abandon the running game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2013, 9:48 AM

The main thing is hit their QB EVERY time, don't know how many times the past 2 years our LBs running down the line waiting for the pitch and that is not how you play D against their offense you have to force the pitch. It has to be defended inside-out and I think we did a good job last year on the up the middle run but the outside still killed us. Outside man can NEVER lose outside contain you have to no matter what make the RB (or QB) cut back to the middle but the main thing is who ever has the pitch man you can't wait you have to force the issue you have to take him out because after the pitch man their is only one other man you have to worry about then the D can flow to him.. Perfect example last year on the safety after the QB kept the ball Corey Crawford contained the QB then made him pitch by knocking him on his ### leaving the only other option having to break 3 or 4 tackles because there were about 3 guys right their ready to make the tackle. You have to make it predictable by ALWAYS hitting the pitch man and when I say hit the pitch man I mean knock the you know what out of him make him pitch.......

Agree on the contain plan

Sep 15, 2013, 11:01 AM

Disciplined DE and LB play can neutralize the triple option.

They always are

Sep 15, 2013, 9:46 AM

But to be fair, they haven't been tested yet.

Every single game is going to be tough.

Sep 15, 2013, 9:47 AM

With the exception of the citadel.

I expect Thursday to be a flat out war.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Yes they are. This Vad Lee is the best QB they have had

Sep 15, 2013, 9:52 AM

under Johnson and he has had a couple of good ones for his offense. They have a pretty good defense now also. The frustrating thing about GT is their recruiting sucks and gets worse every year, but it doesn't seem to lower them because of the offense they run. Just when everyone thought they were going to make a free fall last year after losses to Middle Tennessee and BYU, they regrouped and scored about 68 points on UNC and went on to finish decently and beat Southern Cal.

Sep 15, 2013, 9:58 AM

Look at their schedule.. they could easily be 1 or 2 loss team coming into that game... maybe even undefeated if they play well. Its the last FBS home game that thursday night.. could be a big one.

We have everything going for us in that game.

Sep 15, 2013, 9:59 AM

Coaching, talent, venue, extra time to practice and The Will of God Almighty. I think Dabo discovered the Lost Ark or something.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

both teams will each score +40

Sep 15, 2013, 10:34 AM

Will be a roller coaster ride of emotion as usual with the bees

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

both teams will each score +40

Sep 15, 2013, 10:34 AM

Will be a roller coaster ride of emotion as usual with the bees

Sep 15, 2013, 10:37 AM

SO is Maryland, remember what CJ Brown did against us 2 years ago? That worries me, but NC State first!

everyone looks fast against duke!***

Sep 15, 2013, 10:54 AM

Indeed: the extra practice days will serve us well.***

Sep 15, 2013, 10:58 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2013, 11:05 AM

We're going to get every team's best shot. Every team we play will play like their life is on the line every play of our game. We saw it with SC State. It's only going to get more difficult from here. Our boys just need to match that enthusiasm and sense if urgency on every play and I think if we to that, we have the talents and coaching tools to outlast our remaining opponents. The challenge for dabo is going to be getting our guys to play with their hair on fire and rise to the occassion all game long, for EVERY game left on our schedule.

Triple Option doesn't scare me as much as

Sep 15, 2013, 11:06 AM

the Play-Action pass does. We have enough speed and depth up front to stop the triple option, but if Paul Johnson starts feeling gutsy and decides to open up some play action passes, Vad Lee will torch our inexperienced DBs (depending which DB is in the game). Keep in mind Vad Lee attended the same QB camp Tajh attended this summer, and his accuracy is much better, especially on the run.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2013, 11:19 AM

they always are. always.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic