Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
General Sherman and Dabo Swinney.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

General Sherman and Dabo Swinney.

Jan 25, 2019, 8:03 PM

Sherman burned his way through the South.

Swinney burned his way through the SEC.

Columbia was torched both times !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please don't compare Dabo to an unstable roadside

Jan 25, 2019, 8:09 PM

Vegetable salesman who was mentally unstable & a failure in life & then gets a liscense to freely rape, pillage, & burn anything. He burned Columbia which came back 2x more foul or I guess Fowl.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please don't compare Dabo to an unstable roadside

Jan 25, 2019, 8:24 PM

Yep, was thinking the same thing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Blasphemy

Jan 25, 2019, 8:32 PM

to put Sherman and Dabo in the same sentence.

Jan 25, 2019, 8:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Please don't compare Dabo to an unstable roadside ]

I agree. I looked up Sherman on Wiki (checking on vegetables) and found he was the first superintendent of Louisiana State Seminary of Learning & Military Academy which later became (in 1870) LSU.

Jan 25, 2019, 8:43 PM

With Sherman, LSU doesn't exist. But you wouldn't know that since nothing on campus is named after him. At the LSU military science building there are two cannons he gave to the 'ole war skule' after the war.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You need to take the time to read this...

Jan 25, 2019, 8:38 PM

https://www.amazon.com/War-Crimes-Against-Southern-Civilians/dp/158980466X

I thought it was funny

Jan 25, 2019, 8:47 PM

The rest of the confederate apologists on here not so much. Remember, the only flag of the confederacy worth remembering was their last one; it was solid white.

What's funny is a guy who puts down the bravest soldiers

Jan 25, 2019, 8:53 PM
Bavaria.jpg(96.7 K)

in American history and has a Bavarian icon. That is HILARIOUS.

Let me give you another history lesson.

Jan 25, 2019, 9:00 PM

My icon is from fc Bayern. A club the nazis banned because they refused to renounce their support of their Jewish Manger in exile. If anything, it's an anti nazi emblem.

Also, you should look up Godwin's law.

He who brings up Hitler first in an internet argument is the loser of said argument.

Good try.

Jan 25, 2019, 9:02 PM

Well, not really.

https://www.heraldry-wiki.com/heraldrywiki/index.php/Bayern

Maybe you can understand how you're wrong if I use more words.

Jan 25, 2019, 9:06 PM

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judenklub

And here's a little history lesson on your "winner."

Jan 25, 2019, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Let me give you another history lesson. ]

https://psmag.com/news/remember-that-time-abraham-lincoln-tried-to-get-the-slaves-to-leave-america-55802

https://www.history.com/news/5-things-you-may-not-know-about-lincoln-slavery-and-emancipation

"I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races … I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races from living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be a position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.” -- Abraham Lincoln "The Great Emancipator" who never even freed his own slaves.

I'll take my "losers" any day, like T. J. Jackson:

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2017/05/02/confederate-general-stonewall-jackson-champion-of-african-american-literacy/

Re: And here's a little history lesson on your "winner."

Jan 25, 2019, 9:18 PM

Is it really surprising that a white man in the 1860s believed that black people were inferior? Lincoln was progressive for the time, but he was still a man of the 19th century. You can't possibly believe that a man who actually freed slaves was worse than a Southerner who fought to keep slavery as an institution.

Also, you need to back up your claim that Lincoln ever owned slaves, because I've never heard this and a quick Google search turns up nothing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States_who_owned_slaves

Abraham Lincoln owned slaves through his wife. And, as you

Jan 25, 2019, 9:59 PM

freely admit things in 1860 were different today, where a woman was completely subjective to their husband, meaning in this case, that if she owned slaves, her husband owned the slaves. Lincoln never freed them, or any other slave in America. The emancipation was an executive which was written to actually prevent Congress from freeing slaves during the war. And they only freed slaves in Confederate territory where that they had no control over. He didn't free them in his jurisdiction because he wanted to use them to subjugate the South.

U.S. Grant never freed his either until required to do so, saying "Good help is hard to find." Yes, he's the one to coin that phrase. In fact he said that if thought he was fighting to free slaves, he would switch to the other side.

Lee, Jackson, Stuart...didn't own slaves. Guess they just didn't know which side they were fighting on?

The war was about one thing, which all wars are started for: Money.

When asked why Lincoln wouldn't just let the South go he replied by asking who was going to pay the bills, because the South paid most of the federal budge through tariffs.

Remember that Lincoln also said he didn't care if the whole country was SLAVE or free, he just wanted it to all be one or the other.

The Lincoln promoted in elementary schools is a complete myth.

Put your cane down Mr. Brooks, you're beating a dead horse.

Jan 26, 2019, 1:04 AM

Maybe the moonshine and 150 year old prejudices too, while you're at it.

Re: Abraham Lincoln owned slaves through his wife. And, as you

Jan 26, 2019, 2:41 AM [ in reply to Abraham Lincoln owned slaves through his wife. And, as you ]

Again, you're going to have to provide sources for your claims. The Todd family owned slaves, but I can't find anything saying that Mary owned slaves after she married Abraham Lincoln. Please cite your sources.

You're grossly mistaken about Robert E. Lee.

https://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/06/robert_e_lee_owned_slaves_and.html

Sure, Stonewall Jackson and JEB Stuart may not have owned slaves, but what about Jefferson Davis? Alexander Stephens? Nathan Bedford Forrest? You're doing some mighty fine cherry picking.

The war was about slavery, as the Articles of Secession from South Carolina state:

"The General Government, as the common agent, passed laws to carry into effect these stipulations of the States. For many years these laws were executed. But an increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding States to the institution of slavery, has led to a disregard of their obligations, and the laws of the General Government have ceased to effect the objects of the Constitution."

http://avalon.law.yale.edu/19th_century/csa_scarsec.asp

As do the articles of secession for many of the other Confederate States.

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/primary-sources/declaration-causes-seceding-states

There's also the CSA Vice President's Cornerstone Speech where he specifically cites slavery as the primary reason for the Confederacy's existence:

"...its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests upon the great truth, that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery—subordination to the superior race—is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth."

http://teachingamericanhistory.org/library/document/cornerstone-speech/

I would suggest that you stop reading Lost Cause books and study actual history.

Re: Abraham Lincoln owned slaves through his wife. And, as you

Jan 26, 2019, 12:07 PM

I thought about putting in the work to correct him, but I'm just tired of arguing with people on the internet.
You're doing God's work.

the winning sides in war can be war criminals too

Jan 25, 2019, 9:45 PM [ in reply to I thought it was funny ]

Even though history often white washes them. Sherman can be guilty of it, the same way the US/UK were guilty of targeting civilians in Dresden and Hamburg in WW2.

Sherman...knows how to win a war but utter garbage...

Jan 25, 2019, 9:07 PM

...as a human.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sherman...knows how to win a war but utter garbage...

Jan 25, 2019, 9:17 PM

He wasn't all that good at winning battles until all he had to fight were women and children and slaves.

Patrick Ronayne Cleburne whipped him every time the two met on the field of battle.

Re: General Sherman and Dabo Swinney.

Jan 25, 2019, 9:21 PM

Please do not go there.......Dabo is a hero......Sherman was not........He was a cold blooded killer........no comparison there buddy......Go Tigers!!!!!!!!

'F' Sherman.***

Jan 25, 2019, 10:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who the h3ll downvoted this?...***

Jan 25, 2019, 10:17 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who the h3ll downvoted this?...***

Jan 26, 2019, 2:26 AM

Racist neo-confederates.

Jan 25, 2019, 10:38 PM

Interesting :Sherman understood war. Dabo understands football. Both used similar tactics to overwhelm the opponent. Good post

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Again... 'F' Sherman.***

Jan 25, 2019, 11:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2019, 11:15 PM [ in reply to Re: General Sherman and Dabo Swinney. ]

If Dabo were like Sherman, he would have sent the team into the stands to rob, murder, and rape the Alabama fans.

Jan 25, 2019, 11:10 PM

Please don't compare Dabo to that heathen.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic