Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Geez - no wonder we ranked between 15-18
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Geez - no wonder we ranked between 15-18

Aug 20, 2014, 5:01 PM

Haven't thought of it like this til read the tid bit on Brooks:

Clemson will begin the season without its top 2 WR, top 3 rushing leaders, and their QB from 2013.

That is a lot to replace folks. And why Ohio St WAS ranked top 5...they were returning all but Hyde (now Miller).

We all know what we have replacing those guys and the hard work they have put in. The rest of the country does not.

BTW - got to meet David Beasley today. He is a mountain of a man. Glad he is on our side. YIKES!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Geez - no wonder we ranked between 15-18

Aug 20, 2014, 5:05 PM

Wouldn't bet against Chad Morris replacing much of the total production from those players. Hope FSU sees it this way too.

Aug 20, 2014, 5:10 PM

i think we have a better shot this year than last simply because of our defense. Offense just has to take care of the ball. "Defense wins championships" wasn't coined yesterday.

The NASTY***

Aug 20, 2014, 5:23 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why would FSU care?***

Aug 20, 2014, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Geez - no wonder we ranked between 15-18 ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Aug 20, 2014, 5:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Geez - no wonder we ranked between 15-18 ]

That is kind of my feeling. Chad Morris is still Chad Morris. The "experts" all claim that Taj wasn't all that great. That he was just part of a great system. Well, the system is still here. Clemson's defense should be improved. And Clemson's offense will still produce points. And my guess is that UGA defensive players will be flopping at the end of the game worse than World Cup soccer players.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So it's your contention that Ohio State only lost

Aug 20, 2014, 5:06 PM

Hyde and now Miller? So they didn't lose Ryan Shazier or anyone else?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: So it's your contention that Ohio State only lost

Aug 20, 2014, 5:09 PM

isn't he a defensive player?

Oh I must have missed where you said

Aug 20, 2014, 5:13 PM

"offensive players" can you copy and paste that for me since I have a hard time reading?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Oh I must have missed where you said

Aug 20, 2014, 5:15 PM

well - seeing as how i didn't mention any defensive players....I mean, we starting 2 new corners too, right? But the media is only focused on Sammy and Boyd.

Ohio St also lost four of five starting OL from last year,

Aug 20, 2014, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Re: So it's your contention that Ohio State only lost ]

along with their best RB and WR. They have no business being ranked in the preseason top 10. Their defense struggled last year, it could be better in 2014, but their offensive losses were as bad or worse than ours, even before Miller's injury.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. +1....***

Aug 20, 2014, 7:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ohio St also lost four of five starting OL from last year,

Aug 20, 2014, 11:39 PM [ in reply to Ohio St also lost four of five starting OL from last year, ]

They are ranked that high because people are looking at their schedule and seeing only one game they should even have a chance of losing. So knowing they will win at least 10 or 11 people go ahead and rank them high. It's why preseason rankings are a joke and no rankings should come out until a few weeks into the season when everyone has seen the teams play. Even then, though, who has the time to watch all the teams play?

When you're a program that reloads and does NOT rebuild

Aug 20, 2014, 5:13 PM

Then it not hard to imagine how we can continue on our success.

I remember when people were griping about Andre taking over for Spiller....then griping about Hot Rod taking over for Andre. It's like this every year. We WILL be fine. I think people pay way too much attention to the high scoring, high octane offense and are not seeing the possibilities with our D. How about a pic six or two in our big games...our D can and will help carry us. I'd say this season, what we lost on O we've gained on D. We're are much more balanced all the way around.

Re: When you're a program that reloads and does NOT rebuild

Aug 20, 2014, 5:14 PM

I agree with making up for it on D. But to an outsider, which was my point - that looks like an awfully lot to replace.

It probably does...they probably don't follow anywhere near

Aug 20, 2014, 5:16 PM

as close as us. But if opposing teams and fans see us this way, then GREAT! That just sets us up better mentally then our opponents. They'll be in for a rude awakening...

Aug 20, 2014, 6:11 PM

"We"

oh express Coot you poor pathetic loser.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Beat me to it.***

Aug 20, 2014, 7:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Aug 20, 2014, 6:56 PM

Exiled2 - I understood that you were only referencing players on O - not sure why some had a problem following your thoughts on that.

Research is your friend....***

Aug 20, 2014, 7:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2014, 8:05 PM

If we were in the SEC we would be in top 10.

Aug 20, 2014, 10:02 PM

UGA's D will look like the famous fainting goats by the 4th quarter on the 30th. Morris does a lot of things to defenses that cause this. They are going down.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

It's reload, not rebuild, D.P.***

Aug 20, 2014, 11:05 PM

Re: It's reload, not rebuild, D.P.***

Aug 20, 2014, 11:19 PM

Do you think the perception of the ones doing the rankings reflect as much? That was my point.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic