Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gamecock radio host ranks Dabo Swinney as coach......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Gamecock radio host ranks Dabo Swinney as coach......

Apr 20, 2018, 1:01 PM

This morning, just after a phone conversation with Lawton Swann, Charleston sports radio show host Jamie Bradford (former chicken baseball player) was in the midst of a tirade centered around Coach Swinney's comments 5 or 6 years ago (which were made in response to remarks made by Steve Spurrier).
Mr. Bradford stated publicly that he WOULDN'T RATE Dabo Swinney IN THE TOP 30 COLLEGE COACHES NAIONALLY. He stated that assistants were making all Clemson's coaching decisions. And Mr. Bradford is still carrying a big chip on his shoulder for Coach Swinney after the above mentioned comments made several years ago which "derided his university" and he wanted to point that out to any who took exception to WIll Muschamp's Death Valley comment earlier this week.

Not sure if Bradford is aware of all the National Coach Of The Year awards Coach Swinney has won, but he obviously is not impressed

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's been my experience with ignorant people

Apr 20, 2018, 1:08 PM

that rarely are any of them trying to get any smarter.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And it's been my experience that stupid people

Apr 20, 2018, 2:31 PM

say stupid things.

Hope he didn't procreate.

This is why chicken fans are surprised by 56- 7 and 34-10

Apr 20, 2018, 1:09 PM

They actually believe idiots like Jamie Bradford.

A typical dirtpecker and his collective USuCk intellect

Apr 20, 2018, 1:11 PM

It is surprising that so many still sip the kool-aid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gamecock radio host ranks Dabo Swinney as coach......

Apr 20, 2018, 1:16 PM

Never heard of him!

^^ EXACTLY...he’s unknown, unheard of &

Apr 20, 2018, 1:24 PM

no Natty Titles!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach Dabo

Apr 20, 2018, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecock radio host ranks Dabo Swinney as coach...... ]

Would be the first to tell you that much of the Tigers success is because of the great job that the assistant do developing this team. With that said,Dabo should be recognized as a great evaluator of talent ... Player wise and coaching wise. The culture of winning football at Clemson can be directly related to coach Swinney and his abilities as an organizer and leader

Re: Coach Dabo

Apr 20, 2018, 3:53 PM

That's the exact thing....if the head coach does ALL of the coaching, what in the heck are the assistants for?? He's been able to do what he is supposed to do as a HC, manage the team. He hired the guys to do what they do best....sometimes a coach's worst decision can be getting in the way of his assistants doing the jobs they were hired to do. That being said, they are complete idiots to think an ex-WR off a National Championship Alabama team doesn't understand X's and O's.

Re: Coach Dabo

Apr 20, 2018, 4:21 PM

Radio talk show hosts are concerned about ratings. Thus, they purposely stir the pot to get people's blood boiling. They don't care if what they say is true, smart, logical, stupid. As long as the board lights up, that's all that matters to them.

Apr 20, 2018, 1:26 PM

So if CDS is not in his top 30 I wonder who is? I doubt he could name 30 CFB coaches in all the various divisions put together, much less rank them in order. I'd love to hear him try to answer that question. There'd be lots of stutterin' & stammerin' I'm sure

He’s as irrelevant as USCjr football program

Apr 20, 2018, 1:31 PM

An his resentment is only hurting him.

Re: I dont mind

Apr 20, 2018, 1:35 PM

because he doesnt matter

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2018, 1:44 PM

Jamie Bradford but the worse radio host in Charleston, and that’s a city that has Mike Legg and Bobbie Hartin

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Apr 20, 2018, 1:47 PM

There are 4 active HC's that have national championships. Saban, Urban, Fisher, and some no named guy that goes by Dabo

You can tell Bradford to put that in his pipe and smoke it

Apr 20, 2018, 1:49 PM

I'd forgotten all about this guy until I saw your post. I had to google his name to make sure it was the same guy.

A few years ago he came in to run Mt. Pleasant's youth travel baseball program and was basically kicked out after a few months by a mob of angry parents. We thought he was a buffoon.

The two coaches who were coaching my son's team at the time knew him well and basically told us "he's full it" and he liked to hear himself talk more than he cared about baseball, so we shouldn't believe anything he said. Fortuitous words indeed.

I can't believe somebody hired this windbag to host a radio show...shows you how dumb some people really are. Typical Gamecock.

p.s. He played baseball at USC Salkahatchie....but he likes people to think he played in Columbia.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can only hope Dabo has learned his lesson and WILL NEVER...

Apr 20, 2018, 2:13 PM

Attack the hollowed name of USC Salkahatchie ever again!

Siriously, how is this goon not working for 107.5 The Coot? He’d be perfect for radio here the day after the PC loss.

??

~JKB

Amusement vs Anger

Apr 20, 2018, 1:55 PM

I am amused by Muschamp's "Death Valley" comment because I know it is not true.

SCAR fans are angered by Dabo's comments because the truth hurts. They know the whole world knows USC is in California and Carolina is in Chapel Hill. They also know Clemson is much better academically and in pretty much every sport except women's basketball. It must really hurt to know that little old school in Pickens County has far surpassed you on nearly every possible level.

Re: Amusement vs Anger

Apr 20, 2018, 2:00 PM

amen

PREACH!!!***

Apr 20, 2018, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Amusement vs Anger ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess that's why he's paid top 5***

Apr 20, 2018, 1:57 PM

Apr 20, 2018, 2:07 PM

The comment about Death Valley must have ticked him off, not sure. But I have heard Bradford say numerous times that Dabo is one of the top coaches in the country and that he has had a great plan in place to make Clemson one of the 2 or 3 best programs in the country now along with Alabama and Ohio State. He is a gamecock and sees the writing on the wall. He usually gives Dabo a lot of props and respect.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bradford is an admitted Gamecock lover, but he

Apr 20, 2018, 3:18 PM

is usually very complimentary of Dabo and Clemson. He is also very complimentary of Monte and Clemson baseball.

If he really said this, I'd be surprised.

He would probably rank Muschamp in the top 5 which is why I love having them as a rival***

Apr 20, 2018, 2:19 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sorry for my ignorance-who's Jamie Bradford & why do i care***

Apr 20, 2018, 3:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2018, 3:32 PM

Any rank of active coaches without this top 5 is irrelevant :

Saban
Swinney
Meyer
Fisher
Harbaugh (I know, I know)

Apr 20, 2018, 4:30 PM

The top four are good, but Hardbaaaa........ugh!!!!!! He's a big mouth with a so-so Michigan team. They always get ranked high to start the season and then under achieve. Very overrated IMO.

Re: Never heard of her

Apr 20, 2018, 3:47 PM

56-7

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Dabo wasn't going to win without Boyd and Watkins, then he

Apr 20, 2018, 4:06 PM

wasn't going to win without Chad Morris, then he wasn't going to win without Deshaun Watson...

At some point, even his biggest detractors are going to have to look at the common denominator in Clemson football and realize Swinney deserves the credit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo wasn't going to win without Boyd and Watkins, then he

Apr 20, 2018, 4:37 PM

Ding....ding.....ding..... We have a winner.

I'm really confused as to why anybody cares.***

Apr 20, 2018, 4:20 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic