Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Game is going to be difficult tonight.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Game is going to be difficult tonight.

Mar 23, 2018, 1:54 PM

Seems like a lot of posters on here are extremely confident.

Obviously we can win and I am pretty confident about it.

I looked at their roster and they have a huge game. The shortest person they play is 6-3. Their shooting guard is 6-8 as well. They are much bigger than us. We really need to make sure to beat them on the boards.

What we do have in them is experience. We are a veteran team and they mostly start sophomores and juniors. Also they only played 8 people last game. We need to try and run it on them to get them tired.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Game is going to be difficult tonight.

Mar 23, 2018, 1:59 PM

I would not worry, as long as Gabe Devoe score 20 or more points we will win, and win big.

Easy Money.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Especially if none of our players get cute and try to

Mar 23, 2018, 2:10 PM

elevate their game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Especially if none of our players get cute and try to

Mar 23, 2018, 2:11 PM

can you hook me up with your bookie? I am betting the farm on this one.

No, but I'll rent you my mule.

Mar 23, 2018, 2:20 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

depends..

Mar 23, 2018, 2:22 PM

Does your mule like peanut butter?

Re: depends..

Mar 23, 2018, 3:22 PM

Depends on who's peanut butter it is....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2018, 2:12 PM

They have one big guard and a 7 footer that has been limited. Graham and Newman are great tho. It will not be easy but they are not way bigger than us.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Games like this make me wish Ikar Iturbe still had elegibility.

Mar 23, 2018, 2:14 PM

We need to go all Rick Barnes on these guys and sick Donnell on their center. If we are going to foul, we might as well foul hard.

This isn't your typical, athletic, giant Kansas team.

Mar 23, 2018, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Game is going to be difficult tonight. ]

Their rebounding rate is at 50.1% for the season. They're a below-average rebounding team for P5 conferences.

Yeah this team is very guard-oriented

Mar 23, 2018, 2:51 PM

Problem is, their guards are elite. Graham is a tourney-tested vet, too.

Mar 23, 2018, 2:16 PM

Take it to the hoop. Get their big man in foul trouble early

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

It basically comes down to perimeter defense, and how well

Mar 23, 2018, 2:19 PM

Kansas hits their 3s. Their three leading scorers, Graham, Mykhailiuk, and Newman, combine to average around 8 three-pointers made per game, and they all shoot the 3 at over 40%. That's extremely good shooting, but if you can stop or limit that aspect of Kansas's game, they're not the most versatile team.

The other key to the game is Azuibuike. He's a huge kid, and he should get them some offensive rebounds, but how well will he be able to move tonight? I think the potential is there to attack the rim tonight, especially if his knee is still limiting him. Outside of Azuibuike, they don't have much depth. Silvio De Sousa is pretty much the only other big guy they use, and he's a FR who enrolled in January. He's had a few decent moments, but he's only played 126 minutes on the season.

It actually seems like a good matchup for us considering they're a #1 seed. We probably will have a slight rebounding edge, they're not an incredible defensive team, and they don't have a post-player they can feed when they need an easy basket. My only real concern is that sometimes our defense basically invites teams to shoot it from the outside, and that's exactly what Kansas is looking to do. Brownell's defensive gameplan is probably the most important key to this game.

Mar 23, 2018, 2:37 PM

We just got to score more points than them.
We do this and we have a pretty good chance to win.

We are essentially playing a 'Bama' or 'Ohio State' of bball

Mar 23, 2018, 2:50 PM

I don't understand how anyone could be anything but cautiously optimistic. Confidence? Nah.

I think they have a great shot to win, which is all we can ask for against a blue blood.

I think that

Mar 23, 2018, 3:03 PM

Mitchell and the two other guards will have a good assist night and allow Simms and Thomas a chance to score big inside. A good passing game and the three point shot can get us through this game. Second chance points will also be very big and I believe we have an edge there. We could win by as many as seven or eight if things go well.

Mar 23, 2018, 3:32 PM

We may have older players but we don’t have the NCAA tourney experience that KU has. Two of their guards, Graham and Mykhailiuk, are seniors and have played in 24 combined tourney games in their careers. Experience is definitely on the side of KU but I believe our guys will handle the environment well

Mar 23, 2018, 3:40 PM

If we can get Ass-sum-bukie (pretty sure I nailed the spelling) to foul out with more than 5 minutes left in the game we win.

This cat loves to throw the elbows.

Mar 23, 2018, 5:40 PM

word is their big guy does not shoot free throws very well either ( although we need Thomas to stay out of foul trouble ) -- watching the games last night,the free throw thingy lost & won many games ( PJ Washington from Kentucky was 8 of 20 against K-State playing 40 minutes), they lost by 3 ______wow,just wow !!!!!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic