Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Game analysis from Pacific
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 998

Game analysis from Pacific

Sep 17, 2015, 11:55 PM

The number one thing of concern to me was the special teams. We can't get KOs into the enzone and we can't hardly cover them when they come out. Tonight's TD was waiting to happen if you saw the first two games. This is coaching pure and simple because we have the athletes (besides kicker).

Second thing is the middle of our OL. We can't block and we can't snap. The are soft but this is nothing new to Clemson fans to worry about our OL. Its not ok to have a huge issue in the middle of the line but a worse thing to run plays up the middle to our weakness on 2nd and long continuously.

Play calling is not as good without The Chad. We kinda forget because of the Oklahoma game last year that this is a different crew. OK had no idea how to prepare for Elliot and Scott before the bowl game but opposing coaches are quick learners. 2nd down play calling is as bad as I have seen since Mike O'Cain. I'll give them some slack because they are new but they had better step it up before ND. ND just might figure out that blocking the WR screen is the way to kill our O.

The good news is that our defense is still pretty good. We do miss Beasley as we trade pass rush for rush stopping with Lawson. The secondary (including Alexander) got tested today finally and was a good thing. I bet Alexander is watching the film as we speak where he got beat for a TD as the freshman WR did him a favor by dropping a sure TD.

The last think I am going to say is that I did see Watson not setting his feet on throws when he is flushed. He missed Leggett for this reason on third down. How is he slipping after a great first year? Or maybe his missed time for injury disguised his weaknesses? I ponder this as I think about the GT game last year.

Flame away.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Game analysis from Pacific

Sep 17, 2015, 11:56 PM

How's the San Andreas fault tonight?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fault? ??

Sep 18, 2015, 12:01 AM

LoL & great road win TiGS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Suck eggs... They might help.***

Sep 18, 2015, 12:00 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Always the same here. Truth is hard to suck.

Sep 18, 2015, 12:03 AM

You're detailed rebuttal speaks volumes.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Always the same here. Truth is hard to suck.

Sep 18, 2015, 12:27 AM

And what pray tell, is that?

Re: Suck eggs... They might help.***

Sep 18, 2015, 12:06 AM [ in reply to Suck eggs... They might help.*** ]

I didn't see a single snap go wrong tonight , but maybe you could point it out . Our OL is going to get better as the season progresses ...and having this time for practices is going to be great .
Our D is top 10 worthy , and I think we will win close games with that bunch .
Finally , Watson is tremendous . Yes he looked a little rusty (two INTs ) but his accuracy was good and his legs are back . Let's not doubt that kid . Not yet .
Scott and Elliot called some good , some bad . They are also new to this , but I like what they do and I think they are still only at about 60% of the playbook revealed .
Gallman looked elite .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Game analysis from Pacific

Sep 18, 2015, 12:05 AM

Dead on. I agree with everything you said plus the fact that TE blocking was lazy yet again - inexcusable.

That being said, I'm willing to give somewhat of a pass because it was a) our first road game against b) an angry ### team who should've won their first two games, but didn't, that c) has our number on defense on d) a Thursday night following a week in which we sustained several injuries.

I don't remember any bad snaps tonight

Sep 18, 2015, 12:07 AM

This was Watson's first full game this year, and first full road game at Clemson.

I agree with most everything else though

Clemson

As far as our DE's`we are stronger this year with Lawson

Sep 18, 2015, 12:08 AM

and Dodd.Both a very similar as far as abilities.where last year Corey Crawford was a name not called often enough on defense.Dodd and Lawson make noise on the run and on the pass rush.

WE WON. You're not happy, I am. All is good.

Sep 18, 2015, 12:08 AM

GO TIGERS!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honesty I am only pissed at the officiating ...

Sep 18, 2015, 12:12 AM

and just pointing out the good and bad as I see it. DO NOT mistake that for how I feel about the outcome of the game.

Like all of you I LOVE MY TIGERS! A good win is 1 to 0.

Re: WE WON. You're not happy, I am. All is good.

Sep 18, 2015, 12:27 AM [ in reply to WE WON. You're not happy, I am. All is good. ]

This is what drives me insane about Tnet. Yes, we're Clemson fans - we love seeing the Tigers win! But at the same time, it's pretty reasonable to put forth valid criticism and point out areas upon which we can improve going forward. Doing that DOES NOT make someone less of a Tiger fan.

People were saying since Wofford that our KO discipline has been bad. We've won those games, but tonight, it nearly came back to bite us in the hindparts. I'd rather see us address these glaring issues than remain blissfully ignorant until it costs us.

Replies: 12
| visibility 998
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic