Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gage Cervenka
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Gage Cervenka

Feb 10, 2019, 9:47 PM

Whether I'm watching highlights of Trevor Lawrence, Justyn Ross, Tee Higgins, or Travis Etienne, one lineman always stands out during some highlights. Whether he's finding a body on a screen play, pulling around on a run or pass play, or just not losing ground in pass protection, I must admit he is very impressive. I think officially inserting him into the RG position as a starter was the turning point for the O-line. Early on this season, it was obvious that they were struggling, but things really started to turn for them after he came in. I know that was also when Trevor Lawrence was just starting to figure it out and that helped, but I believed it also helped to have two centers on the line. I'm glad he's coming back as I believe him and big John Simpson are gonna be moving some bodies together on running plays and stoning people on passing plays!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gage Cervenka

Feb 10, 2019, 10:52 PM

If you noticed, Gage was inserted at RG in the last half of the Syracuse game, and he had a major role in running game. He had a great last half of the season and is an unsung hero of our success. He is also a team player, very unselfish.

I talked with Gage's father at the WF game, and that was when he was really starting his move. His father said Gage didn't care if he played guard or center, and he didn't care if he started or came in the game later. He was just enjoying everything about his Clemson experiences and realizes how fortunate he is to be a Tiger. Gage is a winner and will be a team leader next year.

Feb 10, 2019, 10:59 PM

Also.......what a GREAT name for a football player.

Feb 11, 2019, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Gage Cervenka ]

He is the starting Center for 2019.

Feb 10, 2019, 11:02 PM

Whether I'm watching highlights of Trevor Lawrence, Justyn Ross, Tee Higgins, or Travis Etienne, one lineman always stands out during some highlights. Whether he's finding a body on a screen play, pulling around on a run or pass play, or just not losing ground in pass protection, I must admit he is very impressive. I think officially inserting him into the RG position as a starter was the turning point for the O-line. Early on this season, it was obvious that they were struggling, but things really started to turn for them after he came in. I know that was also when Trevor Lawrence was just starting to figure it out and that helped, but I believed it also helped to have two centers on the line. I'm glad he's coming back as I believe him and big John Simpson are gonna be moving some bodies together on running plays and stoning people on passing plays!

I love post like these....Peace my Tiger friends...

Re: Gage Cervenka--another thought about him

Feb 11, 2019, 8:38 AM

I agree that despite his offside penalty against Syracuse on 4th and 1, that Cervenka added to our O-Line's success. That being said, with injuries, youth and lack of depth at defensive tackle, will our staff cross train Cervenka, who started out as defensive tackle, so that he could play DT if he is needed in 2019? I am aware that doing this may depend on whether we have another player we have confidence in for offensive guard to replace him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gage Cervenka--another thought about him

Feb 11, 2019, 12:21 PM

Offensive linemen can't be offsides,js. Yes, that guy. Just busting ur chops.

he and Garrett Williams are my favorite run blockers on the

Feb 11, 2019, 8:48 AM

Team. They are fun to watch

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic