Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gabe Devoe was the difference maker
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Gabe Devoe was the difference maker

Jan 22, 2019, 9:47 PM

His ability to hit the long shot opened up the offense and allowed others to make plays. We all knew a 1-5 start was a possibility. Hopefully the team can rally and finish strong.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gabe Devoe was the difference maker

Jan 22, 2019, 9:51 PM

guess you forget last year when gabe was everybodys whipping boy. he went through a very rough patch also

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 9:58 PM

He had a bad streak last year, but I know I wasn't on him hard about it. All shooters have down times. And this isn't new . I said from the first games this year woe would be no where as good as we were last year. Not even close. Ranking us preseason was a joke. Gabe was what we are missing this year, a shooter. I don't know how you recruit so many kids that aren't shooters. I know we can't get teh Dukes and NCs kids typically, but there are plenty of 'shooters" out there. They may be a steep slower, not as good off hand, etc. That is what keeps you from the top recruits . .but we should be able to land the second tier guys . .why can shoot the ball. Let's face it, we can't shoot and we aren't keeping anyone to 50 55 points either. That worked for a few years. Where did that go? So if we aren't recruiting shooters and not recruiting defensive players to try and shut teams down . . . . what are we recruiting now?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 10:16 PM

The short answer... leftovers.

See U of S.C. football program. When you are 4th or 5th best program and can’t recruit nationally.... results that look like our basketball team and their football team happen. At least we are ahead of them in men’s basketball too.

Jan 22, 2019, 11:25 PM

But the point is, there are shooters to go around. You just won't find the guy that has it all. But a slower kid that can shoot the daylights out of the ball . . they're out there. Or a kid that plays fantastic D, they're out there.

Jan 22, 2019, 9:55 PM

I’d say it has something to do with us being ranked 300 out of 350 teams in 3 pt defense... and that was before tonight.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 10:03 PM

Gave was also good for several rebounds per game . Not bad for a shooting guard .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Grantham was also very good prior to injury...

Jan 22, 2019, 10:25 PM

And then afterwards he provided leadership from the bench. Team rallied around him.
Not sure who the leader of this team is.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic