Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gabe Devoe
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Gabe Devoe

Mar 22, 2018, 10:43 AM

If he stays on his current form, I honestly believe we can win the tourney. The night he is off is the night we lose.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree. With DeVoe, Reed and Mitchell he can have an off

Mar 22, 2018, 10:51 AM

game, just need the other two to get hot. Mitchell is really the key as he creates shots for everyone. I think we can overcome a bad shooting night from one of the 3 guards, but we need Mitchell to be on at PG.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

wise observation---and I agree....as valuable as

Mar 22, 2018, 11:25 AM

Gabe's contributions have been---and lets face it, Devoe stepped up and covered Grantham's offensive production----Shelton Mitchell is the kid who makes the team go. My admiration of Shelton's play has increased exponentially since the first of the season---and the Tigers were not the same threat the 3 games Shelton missed because of the unpenalized FlaSt mugging in Tallahassee

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If BB gives him the night off and we lose,

Mar 22, 2018, 11:05 AM

then it's all on him.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Gabe Devoe

Mar 22, 2018, 12:39 PM

In my view, the key player is Elijah Thomas. Defensively we are a different team when he is there. He is not a huge difference maker on offense, but even the offense is much smoother when he is in there. Elijah needs to stay out of foul trouble against Kansas.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eli is a HUGE difference maker on offense

Mar 22, 2018, 1:07 PM

Not only does he score a lot, but he's strong on the offensive boards. Plus, you cannot underestimate the importance of moving the ball inside-out through Eli, freeing up outside shots. Added bonus, he is a good free throw shooter...especially for someone playing the 4/5. It's tough for me to comprehend someone suggesting he's not a huge difference maker on offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Eli is a HUGE difference maker on offense

Mar 22, 2018, 3:02 PM

In some games - yes. I hope he is a HUGE difference maker in the next four games.

:)

The last five minutes of the game...

Mar 22, 2018, 3:05 PM

Give me Reed. He knows how to take over. The great thing is, he doesn't necessarily have to score, just his threat opens up other opportunities for teammates. I love the 'stone cold' look on his face when the game's on the line.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The last five minutes of the game...

Mar 22, 2018, 5:16 PM

You are absolutely right! When it looks like the Clemson offense is completely stymied, Reed is the only one who can create shots for himself from the perimeter or drive to the hoop. He is the guy who usually hits the BIG basket when the game is on the line.

Re: Eli is a HUGE difference maker on offense

Mar 22, 2018, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Eli is a HUGE difference maker on offense ]

This

Holy cow has he progressed. Glad we have him for another year.

He will stay out of "foul trouble" and we will be fine

Mar 22, 2018, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Gabe Devoe ]

ACC Officials like to call a lot of "touch fouls" ...

Notice that these non-ACC refs "let them play" ?

I sincerely believe that in "real basketball", Clemson's record would be even better ...

Also, I read that ACC Officials are to receive remedial training after the season, which is a good thing

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Devoe is having a great tournament, but

Mar 22, 2018, 3:05 PM

I feel like our fortunes might rest on the back of Reed. Devoe has a better 3PT %, but that's about it. Not to take anything away from DeVoe, who is the emotional leader, but:

Marquise Reed season stats:

15.9 PPG
4.7 RPG
3.4 APG
1.7 SPG

Gabe DeVoe stats:

13.7 PPG
4.6 RPG
2.1 APG
1.0 SPG

Replies: 11