Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
GT fans not happy with Paul Johnson's contract extension.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 3,021

GT fans not happy with Paul Johnson's contract extension.

Apr 19, 2018, 9:55 AM

Can't say that I blame them either.

https://twitter.com/JasonPrickett41/status/986964657729613826

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They have committed to being bad.

Apr 19, 2018, 10:03 AM

They would have been better off offering a guy like Jeff Scott the HC coaching job. Staying on the same path they are on makes no sense. That said, I am glad they are keeping him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They have committed to being bad.

Apr 19, 2018, 11:31 AM

Bite you tongue. Don’t be throwing any of our coaches out to other schools.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: GT fans not happy with Paul Johnson's contract extension.

Apr 19, 2018, 10:09 AM

The problem is this....you've recruited to a system for a very long time. You either have to stick with a similar offense or accept that you're going to have a few very bad seasons. GT is now stuck in a pattern of mediocrity. Service Academies use this system to mask inferior talent and just compete. GT could do better

Apr 19, 2018, 4:59 PM

They shared a National Championship in 1990, I think it was. And they did not run a triple option back then. So, they can definitely do better than what they have going right now. But, I'm happy they re-signed Paulllllllllll Johnson! ;)

It works for their situation.

Apr 19, 2018, 10:17 AM

They are not serious about being a natty title contender every year. Paul Johnson's style suits their lack of a commitment in resources. They are satisfied winning most of their games and having a top 15 team every so often.

Good for us. They don't suck, but they can't compete with us.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's won 9 or more games just four times...

Apr 19, 2018, 10:19 AM

in the last ten years while he's had seven or less wins five different times.

I wouldn't be happy either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Boring football that doesn't give them a chance to recruit

Apr 19, 2018, 11:12 AM

some of the better talent that the states of Georgia and Florida produce in abundance. With the dearth of talent on the roster, it makes the job much less attractive to a new coach.

Hiring Paul Johnson was a mistake of monumental proportions. They keep doubling down.

They should bring in a young offensive coach who likes to spread the ball around and up the tempo. That would be much more fun for players and fans and would allow them to attract some talent that is impossible for them to get now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2018, 11:23 AM

Bobby Ross and Chan Gailey both won there , and they have an excellent fan base and tradition .
They would be best served axing PJ and finding another path .

This of course , is an opinion .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Walt Deptula

Apr 19, 2018, 11:27 AM

Is not going to like this!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I laugh every time he sends a player in with the play. Ok,

Apr 19, 2018, 11:29 AM

son, this time we're going to run THE TRIPLE OPTION. Now, next play, instead, we are going to run, THE TRIPLE OPTION. Now, on third down we are going to confuse the hail out of them and run, THE TRIPLE OPTION.

Re: I laugh every time he sends a player in with the play. Ok,

Apr 19, 2018, 5:02 PM

I think coach Johnson puts a slightly different emphasis on each word every time he calls it, just to make it sound like something different.

That's only like 9 people.***

Apr 19, 2018, 11:33 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Now Joe Hamilton was a ball player

Apr 19, 2018, 9:49 PM

Of course 1999 GT team coached by O'Leary was 19 years ago.

Re: Now Joe Hamilton was a ball player

Apr 19, 2018, 9:54 PM

Joe is from my neck of the woods ... believe he played at Macedonia High School .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 19, 2018, 10:34 PM

The GT administration must have contacted Walt Dipshitula and he told them Paul Johnson was the 2nd best coach in all of college football just behind Bill Snyder so they gave him an extension.

Replies: 15
| visibility 3,021
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic