Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
GPS watch question.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

GPS watch question.

Oct 23, 2016, 9:38 AM

I'm going to buy either the Apple Watch 2 or a garmin watch. Anyone have either? I want a good one for running, mountain biking, and to track whitewater kayak trips.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

I have a Garmin Forerunner and I love it.

Oct 23, 2016, 9:56 AM

If you're going to use it for mostly exercise activities, then go with Garmin. Apple is for style and silly gadgetry, Garmin is focused on athletes. Don't buy a smart watch thinking it's going to replace your phone...they aren't there yet.

I want it for fitness, I wear normal watches at work and stuff.

Oct 23, 2016, 10:48 AM

I currently only use map my run on my phone.

Re: GPS watch question.

Oct 23, 2016, 9:59 AM

I have a Garmin Fenix 3 and love it. I personally think it's the best all round fitness / activity watch. Go to you tube and look for "riz knows" he reviews all types of fitness and outdoor gear. He has s bunch of comprehensive reviews for all the GPS/fitness watches.

Will do. Thanks.***

Oct 23, 2016, 10:47 AM

Oct 23, 2016, 10:18 AM

I have the Garmin Forerunner 235 and absolutely love it. It's great for exercise and all things GPS related...plus heart rate without a separate strap. You can get some apps on it too, but probably not as extensive as the Apple Watch. I think the Apple Watch is flashier, but the Garmin seems to be more practical and useful, particularly for exercise.

(I also have a friend who owns both, but he wears the Garmin more and uses it exclusively for exercise since the Apple sport Watch won't track your heart rate while you're actually in motion.)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have an older Garmin Forerunner 210. Needs chest strap to

Oct 23, 2016, 10:54 AM

give heartrate info. Connects to computer with USB and the Garmin software shows tons of info and shows route on map (on computer - not the watch). Great for workout info.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2016, 11:25 AM

I have been wearing the Garmin Fenix 3 HR for about 8 months now. It is an expensive watch but if you are going to be using it for any water sports then it is far and away the absolute best choice. There are many apps that are available free through Garmin Connect. I surf or SUP almost everyday and use it to track my waves, distances, speed, paddle strokes, map my performance, etc. The built in heart rate monitor works really well in these water sports so if you want to performance train it is really versatile at collecting performance data to review. You can also download 100's of watch faces to make it an everyday wearing watch if you like. I have several nice daily watches but I don't wear them anymore because of the sharp look I can get with the faces. In my opinion the sapphire crystal is a must. I believe the HR version comes standard with the sapphire crystal but if you go with the non HR version I think it is an upgrade so be sure to look for this. There a some good reviews at dcrainmaker.com and if you join his group you will receive discounts on the watch if you purchase it through clevertraining.com

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic