Topic: Future Scheduling and Playoff Ideas
Replies: 0  
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic

Future Scheduling and Playoff Ideas

[1]
Posted: Nov 29, 2020, 2:22 PM

So watching this year's version of college football got me thinking about future schedules and playoff formats.

I honestly liked the conference format more than I thought schedule wise and I'd be all for a top 2 winning percentage conference championship moving forward - what about you all??

Also, seeing all of these teams in competition for the top 4 makes me believe we'll be moving up to 8 and 16 in the future. The potential matchups would be so awesome to watch instead of hoping bowl games put together a solid slate.

I'd probably be up for cutting conference championships at that point if it meant an expanded playoff. I don't think the regular season gets watered down as much either because this could be accounted for with less regular season games or whatever...I mean, are we REALLY going to "rest our players" against SC and let them trash talk about winning? I don't think so ??

Imo, we are getting to the point where it's going to be the same 2-3 teams every year until the playoffs are expanded.

Yeah, as a Clemson fan I'm not mad to be one of those teams and I get folks would be ticked at having more SEC teams in, though, if other conference teams started beating up on the SEC in the playoffs then that might weaken their conference arguments ??

I think the whole "4 is enough" argument is slowly losing validity because although yeah a Bama team MAY win more times than not against a low seed like say BYU or Cincinnati, I still do think it would do the world of college football good to be able to fit those teams in each year to see what happens ??????

Would be interested to hear thoughts!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
530 people have read this post