Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Frugmorgen discusses Florida visit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Frugmorgen discusses Florida visit

Feb 12, 2017, 11:12 AM

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/clemson-ol-transfer-jake-fruhmorgen-talks-florida-visit

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He says Clemson just wasn't for him...

Feb 12, 2017, 11:32 AM

I wish he would just man up and say what happened and why he quit. His situation has seemed odd to me since he didn't come back from that injury. Lots of rumors have been floated so I just wish he would clear the air and say what happened.

Go Tigers!!!

Re: He says Clemson just wasn't for him...

Feb 12, 2017, 11:39 AM

"It just wasn't for me" he was quoted as saying, it wasn't for him because he couldn't take criticism when he played bad.Be a man like Adrian Baker did and fess up for what it's really about.

Re: He says Clemson just wasn't for him...

Feb 12, 2017, 11:43 AM [ in reply to He says Clemson just wasn't for him... ]

There were apparently two elements involved. He did not get along with Coach Caldwell and his Father got into the picture. Never good!
Secondly he had girl friend problems and got depressed.

College is hard enough, but he will have to learn to make his own way. I wish him luck.

Except for yours, this thread is full of the dumb.***

Feb 12, 2017, 11:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It sure is. Sad.***

Feb 12, 2017, 11:58 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

He turned into a 9ussy and Clemson does not

Feb 12, 2017, 11:47 AM [ in reply to He says Clemson just wasn't for him... ]

want little girls that do not want to be coached. Especially ones that have to run to mommy and daddy when their feelings are hurt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me get this straight...

Feb 12, 2017, 11:51 AM [ in reply to He says Clemson just wasn't for him... ]

A highly-recruited OL ends up starting on a team that has risen to the elite of college football, has been in the national championship game twice in a row, and just beat the Almighty, GOAT best ever in the universe Crimson Tide, and...

"Clemson just wasn't for him"?

After that, who cares what he says? He's not a Tiger. He's not a champion. Good luck to whoever rolls the dice on this guy. Maybe he can go to Ole Miss and hang out with Swag and the Kimdeechees.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More dumb.***

Feb 12, 2017, 12:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More shallow, idiotic emotion

Feb 12, 2017, 12:36 PM

If he had come out and apologized to the team that he let down and to the school that gave him a golden opportunity, then I feel better about what he did. If he had come out and said "football just wasn't for me", then I would understand.

Instead he's shopping himself to lesser teams while saying the team that plays for championships, the team that has proven that character and integrity are a HUGE part of making it,

"just wasn't for him."

You can shove it, Joey.

By the truckload.***

Feb 12, 2017, 3:58 PM [ in reply to More dumb.*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Let me get this straight...

Feb 12, 2017, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Let me get this straight... ]

Agree! In all due respect I don't even know why we are interviewing him

I knew many kids who didn't like the

Feb 12, 2017, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Let me get this straight... ]

small town atmosphere at Clemson. Why are you so sensitive about it?

Some like redheads, some like blonds, some like huge cities, some like medium sized cities, some like very small towns like Ckemson.

Certainly does not want to be somewhere where he started as

Feb 12, 2017, 12:11 PM [ in reply to He says Clemson just wasn't for him... ]

a freshman and the team played in 2 National Championship games and won one in his 2 years.

Re: Frugmorgen discusses Florida visit

Feb 12, 2017, 11:34 AM

We

No

Longer

Care

Feb 12, 2017, 11:40 AM

Good riddance

I can speculate all day about why he left, but the truth is

Feb 12, 2017, 11:56 AM

I don't know, and I am not going to assume anything based on rumor or "how it looks". Until I have reason not to, I'm going to wish Jake well (except when he plays against Clemson!) and hope he lands in a place where he's happy.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: I can speculate all day about why he left, but the truth is

Feb 13, 2017, 12:30 AM

Well said. It's never good to make judgements on rumors. He didn't say Clemson was bad, just that it wasn't for him. There is no where on earth that is right for everyone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good for him, maybe he CAN MAKE...

Feb 12, 2017, 11:58 AM

the right decision this time, for him...

AND THE UNIVERSITY!!

Whatever the reason, hope he finds success.***

Feb 12, 2017, 12:16 PM

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

His passive play at right tackle and sulking

Feb 12, 2017, 12:26 PM

After losing the position to Pollard wasn't right for Clemson.. Mutual Split....

Sometimes you get beat out.

Feb 12, 2017, 12:42 PM

He was on a GREAT team. A champion would have looked at the situation and worked hard to regain his spot (or at least maintain a playing role).

He let his teammates down by quitting during a championship run when he was CERTAINLY going to get significant playing time... and now he's shopping Florida?

Not a champion. Not a Tiger. No respect for how he handled this situation so far. If he comes out and apologizes to the guys he let down, he could earn some respect back. Right now he deserves NO respect.

Re: Sometimes you get beat out.

Feb 12, 2017, 4:20 PM

He's a kid and we don't know all the details about it. I agree with some of what you said about being the for the team, but what if there was conflict? What if he was being given a hard time from other guys and not fitting in? We just don't know and these kids are doing a h3ll of allot more than what I was doing at that age. He hadn't disrespected us all so, I wish him the best in life going forward.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But he didn't get beat out - he started every game until he

Feb 12, 2017, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Sometimes you get beat out. ]

was forced out due to injury.

Apparently Dabo had no problem with what ever personal issues Jake was dealing with, and was very complimentary and positive when speaking about it.

Per Dabo: "You can't have a more model player than Jake Fruhmorgan. He's as committed a guy as I've ever been around, as hardworking as I've ever been around. He's the model of what you want as a player. It has nothing to do with anything he's done or anything like that."

Dabo went on to say that sometimes young people have things happen that rock their world, and that this was between Jake and his family, and he had a good family, and he was going to lift him up in prayer and hope he could work through it.

I sure don't sense any of the childish, mean-spirited, judgmental attitude from Dabo, who actually knows all of the facts, that we are getting from some of you nimrods on here.

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Good-news-injury-front-Fruhmorgen-personal-issue-15327

- H. L. Mencken

Re: But he didn't get beat out - he started every game until he

Feb 12, 2017, 4:28 PM

Because dabo is respectful, regardless of reason one should be complimentary of former.
Clearly frogmorgan chose a different route.

Re: But he didn't get beat out - he started every game until he

Feb 12, 2017, 5:26 PM

I was struck by a couple things when I was watching Fruh - how good his footwork was, and how poor his functional strength was.

He had elite feet. His kick-step, agility, and balance were as good as it got, and he had the wingspan and length you look for. You rarely if ever saw him lose out because he wasn't quick enough or agile enough to get to the spot. The problem was he had absolutely zero punch - the complete opposite of a "heavy hands" guy - and he tended to get rag-dolled when a DL, even an end, got into him. Couldn't quite figure that out, but it was literally like he hadn't lifted weights at all. Heard around the way later he had some kind of long-term shoulder thing that kept him from lifting for awhile, which could explain it.

Then Pollard came along and took his spot. Sorry, Pollard was just...better. Technique was a little cleaner, had a ton more functional strength. Didn't have quite the kick-step Fruh did but was a (much) more rugged guy...and we're talking a true freshman in Pollard who was just going to get bigger and stronger. I just don't see Fruh beating Pollard out ever, not at right tackle, anyhow. Which probably relegated Fruh to backing up Hyatt at LT.

Bottom line was, Fruh probably should have redshirted and healed up at Clemson...but if you'll recall we had Isaiah Battle and Joe Gore at tackle (and pretty much no one else) when he and Hyatt came in, and then Battle up and left early for the supplemental draft, leaving just Gore. We couldn't afford to redshirt him, at that point. And when he lost his spot to Pollard what you've got is essentially a JUCO guy, with 3 left to play 2, and a guy who like a lot of JUCO's could badly use some time in a weightroom. So you can understand why Fruhmorgen might be inclined to look around, especially with that redshirt year to play with.

Heard there's some off-the-field personal stuff on top of that too, but crappy timing as much as anything looks like it bit him. And sometimes timing matters, too. A lot.

When exactly did he get beat out by Pollard? He started

Feb 12, 2017, 6:04 PM

all 8 games and played 56 snaps against FSU, the game he was injured in. Based on that, Fruhmorgan was still the starter and playing most of the game, and Pollard had not beat him out. It was only after the injury that Pollard became the starter, and took his spot.

- H. L. Mencken

Two things

Feb 12, 2017, 7:19 PM [ in reply to But he didn't get beat out - he started every game until he ]

1. The article you linked - that was written BEFORE he quit, right?

2. The way Jake has handled this whole thing... the utter lack of any acknowledgement of the tremendous privilege and opportunity he received in getting to play at Clemson, a place that we all know is different and special. All we get is "Clemson wasn't for me". Did you see how Adrian Baker has handled his transfer? That's was the right way to do it.

I usually agree with just about everything you post here, ST. You and I disagree on this. No name-calling or insult from me; just a disagreement on how this young man handled his business. He's young but he's not a child.

That's cool, we just disagree.

Feb 12, 2017, 8:14 PM

Adrian Baker handled it beautifully - no doubt about it. However, I'm not going to criticize Fruhmorgan because he handled it differently. He hasn't said anything derogatory about Clemson as far as I know. And yes, the article I'm referring to was written before Jake left, but he was having personal problems at the time that likely contributed to his leaving, and while I'm sure Dabo was hoping he could work through them and stay at Clemson, he was very understanding and supportive and I have no reason to think he would feel any differently now unless something more happened that we don't know about. If Fruhmorgan had a bad attitude, was out of line or unfairly bashes Clemson in some way, then good riddance, but right now I don't know that to be the case. He's 20 years old and we have no idea what he's going through or what his reasons were for leaving, and I hate to see people criticizing and judging him.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion though, and that's cool.

- H. L. Mencken

Feb 12, 2017, 12:33 PM

I don't think he is ever going to live up to his billing, no matter where he ends up.

Why do we even cover this kid anymore?

Feb 12, 2017, 12:41 PM

Sounds like he needs to go eat, pray, love and find himself.

Why on earth is it so hard to understand? We cover him for

Feb 12, 2017, 3:57 PM

the same reason we would cover any former player who recently left the program and hasn't landed anywhere yet. We always cover former players. Why in God's name wouldn't we cover it? He spent over two years at Clemson and for some reason was not happy here - nobody really knows why - but that doesn't make him our enemy (unless you're in 3rd grade), and he hasn't said anything derogatory about Clemson as far as I know. I don't get the mystery or consternation.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Frugmorgen discusses Florida visit- him leaving

Feb 12, 2017, 2:59 PM

totally tanked our great season. Not!!!! He can go where he goes. Not a tiger and so I dont care

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You think he gets a ring?***

Feb 12, 2017, 3:18 PM

Feb 12, 2017, 3:18 PM

Who cares what happened. I wish him luck. When you are getting several big time players things like this will happen. Wish him luck at florida, where he can beat the coots in a different uniform.

I did find one thing funny

Feb 12, 2017, 6:11 PM

"they're definitely successful"

First only Bama has been as successful as Clemson the last 2 years. UF hasn't even been in the same realm as Clemson.

UF is "successful" because it's schedule is so weak. Every decent team they play they lose to. They've been murdered back to back by FSU despite being SEC East "champions".

Feb 12, 2017, 11:27 PM

Who cares where these guys are going????

Feb 12, 2017, 11:32 PM

Lol, why do some fans feel like he owes them an explanation? It didn't work out and that's his business. We'll be fine. Time to move on.

All this fuss over the backup right tackle? Pollard say hello***

Feb 13, 2017, 12:36 AM

Physically capable; mentally not so much....

Feb 13, 2017, 6:12 AM

He's a young guy and they do dumb stuff, we all did. He'll regret his choice someday but it is his choice to live with.

He has to sit until fall of 2018

Feb 13, 2017, 9:48 AM

Which creates quite a challenge from strictly a football standpoint. That's gonna be a long year and the schools he is looking at have guys already familiar with that system that are rs freshman and incoming freshman they recruited that have more years of eligibility.
Hope it's for the best from a football standpoint.
One thing I cannot stand is adults ripping on - or even prying into - kids personal lives. This is never a good look. Clemson is above this.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic