Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Wednesday Orange Bowl practice news and notes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Wednesday Orange Bowl practice news and notes

Jan 1, 2014, 4:11 PM

Wednesday Orange Bowl practice news and notes

Clemson held its last practice before Friday's Orange Bowl Wednesday afternoon at Barry University. What does Tajh Boyd say about his last practice as a Tiger? What does Martavis Bryant say about his NFL draft decision? What do Boyd and Brandon Thomas say about the suspension of Ohio St.'s Noah Spence? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bye Martavis

Jan 1, 2014, 4:46 PM

I hate to say it but reading between the lines it looks like Bryant is gone. I hope he is making the right choice.

I'd love to have him back.

Jan 1, 2014, 5:23 PM

I'd guess his grade is about third or fouth round. I don't think he'll be a bust in the pros at all. I think he'll make a good WR in a couple or three years.

I think another year as a prime receiver might raise him to a second rounder and if he had some stellar year he might even make the first round, but I doubt it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd love to have him back.

Jan 1, 2014, 5:44 PM

I agree - another year as good as (or better than) 2013 was for him would increase his stock in the draft. But my guess is he'll go.

I hope he finds a team willing to make that

Jan 1, 2014, 7:22 PM [ in reply to I'd love to have him back. ]

investment. Many aren't. And just look for immediate 1st or 2nd year results.

I agree there is a good chance he will go. But his maturity as a player is going to be a real problem for him from the start.

I've wondered how much the mothers of his kids wants him to go. That may be a huge factor.

Fourth round money would get my attention.

Jan 1, 2014, 7:30 PM

I guess it's all relative to being poor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope he finds a team willing to make that

Jan 2, 2014, 9:05 AM [ in reply to I hope he finds a team willing to make that ]

point well taken
Clemson University may have to make some unfriendly PC rules maybe with the new President's endorsement
1 the tats-tattoos CU must protect its image & family name
2 grooming--too many other schools with thug players 1 day from NFL or jail we have an image in our CU brand
3 pre presstime-- maybe some of coaching staff could run through some proper mannerisms expected from young gentlemen
it is so refreshing to hear reporters ask a CU player a question and he/ she makes an audible remark

Leaving early?

Jan 1, 2014, 6:01 PM

I think he'll be a good receiver in the pros after a couple years also. But , if he leaves early it'll prob cost him MAJOR bucks. But only he knows his families immediate needs.

Putting short-term needs over long-term benefit

Jan 1, 2014, 6:30 PM

seems short-sighted to me. Unless he has nobody else to care for his kids, and they are forced to wear rags to school and go to bed hungry, there is no reason why he should enter the draft this year. By returning to Clemson and having a great senior year, he will greatly improve his draft stock and make a lot more money. Being a lower round pick, he will not get much if any guaranteed money and not be given the same chance to improve his skills compared to being an early round pick.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Putting short-term needs over long-term benefit

Jan 2, 2014, 9:50 AM

Your post deserves more than my 1 point b/c you're absolutely right. If no body is starving, there is no reason to give up hundreds of thousands of dollars just to go to the NFL right now b/c you can. It will take 4 or 5 years to finally get the money they gave up on. And the money lost on a now decision will never be regained. That would be no different than throwing it off a bridge and watching it float away... Being at Clemson for the one more year you would have had to be there if not an athlete, can't be that bad. Not unless you are the type of person to ### lazy to tie your own shoes, and looking for any half A$S reason to leave. And if that is the case, you will be to ### lazy to give what it takes to make it in the NFL anyway....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Wednesday Orange Bowl practice news and notes

Jan 1, 2014, 7:13 PM

It may sound cruel, but obviously his decision making is not stellar (2 kids with two different women), so what makes anyone of us think that he will make a mature decision this go around. And like Dabo said, Clemson will not miss a beat without him.

I hope if he goes early to the NFL he works hard and is very successful for many years. I wish him the best. I hope more than that he becomes a great father to those two kids. Lord knows we need more great fathers a lot worse than we need great wide receivers!!!

Jan 2, 2014, 8:59 AM

why wasn't The Cat a captain or SHuey?

Jan 2, 2014, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Wednesday Orange Bowl practice news and notes ]

Having two kids when he is still a kid himself, doesn't show a track record of making intelligent decisions so far. Hopefully he will make the best intelligent decision now for the sake of two babies. He/they are getting enough social help now to make another year of school.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2014, 12:30 PM

More important than "on the field" improvement another year in school would likely bring, it is the "off the field" and personal development that will be his greatest return on investment for coming back. Certainly no inside information or proof, but from afar it appears that he is not really into the "student athlete thingy". Sadly. But certainly my gratitude to him for what he has done and of course best wishes to him in the future whatever he decides. GO TIGERS!!

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic