Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Swinney talks about N.C. State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,238

Front Page Story: Swinney talks about N.C. State

Nov 13, 2012, 12:38 PM

Swinney talks about N.C. State

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney previews this weekend's game against N.C. State. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't watch the video***

Nov 13, 2012, 12:49 PM

Re: Can't watch the video***

Nov 13, 2012, 1:00 PM

Try it now...I posted it without allowing it to process completely. Should be good to go now

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glennon has touchdowns?

Nov 13, 2012, 12:59 PM

thanks for letting us know B-meist lol

Share of the Division Title?

Nov 13, 2012, 2:21 PM

I didn't realize that we would get any sort of share of the division title if we tied with FSU, but they won the head-to-head. Not that division titles mean a lot, but I find that tidbit interesting.

Re: Share of the Division Title?

Nov 13, 2012, 3:17 PM

They (FSU) beat us, NCST beat them. Now if we beat NCST that beat FSU, I think that is even steven. We win a share of the division title with FSU. BUT, since FSU beat us, they get to play for the whole ball of wax against the coastal winner. I think that is how all that works out. I'm pretty sure we will get an Atlantic Division trophy also. Even though FSU will play in the orange bowl. If we beat the coots, I think we would play a more prestigious opponent with Bama in the Sugar bowl.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2012, 3:20 PM

That's pretty awesome. I didn't realize it was possible to share the division title. I figured they just gave it to the team from each division that plays for the championship. I'll take it.

Go Tigers! Beat NC State!

Nov 13, 2012, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Share of the Division Title? ]

The fact that we're playing the team that beat FSU is irrelevant. According to the ACC Website, "The team in each division with the highest percentage of wins during all regular-season Conference competition shall be declared the division champion. If two or more teams are tied with the highest percentage of wins, they shall be declared division co-champions....In the event of division co-champions, the following tie-breaker procedure will be used..." Thus, the fact that both FSU and us look to be finishing .875 in conference means we should be division co-champions.

Please tell me we are not calling sharing a division title..

Nov 13, 2012, 5:52 PM

an accomplishment??? FSU will win the division. There is no sharing. What are we....COOTS with their 5th place rings????

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the ACC's call, not ours

Nov 13, 2012, 6:41 PM

Even Dabo did not know about it until a week or so ago. It is what it is.

Re: Please tell me we are not calling sharing a division title..

Nov 14, 2012, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Please tell me we are not calling sharing a division title.. ]

> an accomplishment??? FSU will win the division.
> There is no sharing. What are we....COOTS with their
> r 5th place rings????

Don't minimize an actual accomplishment. We'll put the trophy awarded us by the ACC in the trophy case. We won't give bogus rings to our players on account of it. Sometimes I just can't understand the attitudes of some posters on here. smh

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,238
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic