Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Swinney says Tigers have the pieces in place for a great season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Swinney says Tigers have the pieces in place for a great season

Feb 26, 2013, 12:06 PM

Swinney says Tigers have the pieces in place for a great season

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney previewed the start of spring practice during a Monday morning teleconference with the media, and he said all of the pieces are in place for a special season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So that means no more excuses, right?

Feb 2, 2024, 7:18 PM

I mean I'm glad to hear this, but I can't really put any stock in it when, the first time we face adversity in 2013, he'll surely point out some excuse or reason (other than coaching) for it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he's not Tommy Bowden... Dabo doesn't make excuses.***

Feb 26, 2013, 4:54 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

What's your excuse? Is it the "bliss"?***

Feb 26, 2013, 5:30 PM [ in reply to So that means no more excuses, right? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo doesn't really make excuses...

Feb 26, 2013, 6:37 PM [ in reply to So that means no more excuses, right? ]

That was the guy before him.

Charleston Coot has no clue, 11-2 you don't have to make

Feb 26, 2013, 7:44 PM

many excuses. What's your excuse for being a constant basher? O yeah you're a coot troll

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's sooooo Charleston Tom the Wet Blanket

Feb 26, 2013, 8:24 PM [ in reply to So that means no more excuses, right? ]

Any moron can tell that this is a program on the rise. We need to temper expectations though because to contend for the MNC from the ACC in 2013 will require an undefeated season. To do that against 3 top 10 teams this year will require perfection. But we're on the right track. Concerned about Lakip though because he was the next Catman.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: So that means no more excuses, right?

Feb 27, 2013, 6:15 AM [ in reply to So that means no more excuses, right? ]

Nice attitude!! Spring practice hasn't even started and here we go with the negativity already!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Offense should be fine but can the defense step up?***

Feb 27, 2013, 1:46 AM

Re: Offense should be fine but can the defense step up?***

Feb 27, 2013, 11:06 AM

That does seem to be the question, Razz. I saw the defense make some progress this year, and in the Bowl game, they hung in there pretty good with a very gifted LSU team, and they easily could have gotten discouraged when the SW fumble occurred, or the big runback occurred on the KO and the next play was a long TD, but they didn't. Now, they, nor the whole team looked very good vs. scar again last year, and that needs to be fixed. All that said, there is much work to be done, but BV did a pretty good job with what he inherited, and I think our depth and some of the incoming guys we have coming in will add. Some will be thrown into the fire early this year, and a couple will probably make a nice impact as Frosh. Time will tell.

Re: Offense should be fine but can the defense step up?***

Feb 27, 2013, 11:22 AM

I hope Dabo is right. But based on past experience, it really scares me when everyone is brimming with confidence, talking about a "great season," etc. Let's get past that first game, with UGA coming in with possibly the best offense in the country, and then hopefully build some confidence.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic