Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Hangin' with the Chad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Hangin' with the Chad

Sep 24, 2012, 12:36 PM

Hangin' with the Chad

Chad Morris made it loud Monday morning that yes, he was proud of his offense’s effort in Saturday’s loss to Florida St., but he in no way blames the defense for the loss. In fact, he took the blame squarely on his shoulders. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really like Morris. Tells it like it is

Sep 24, 2012, 12:50 PM

And he's never satisfied. As bad as the D was he was right that a few bad play calls occurred at the most critical time in the game. Even if we had flipped the field on those 3 3 and outs then we might have had a different game. I truly don't believe that it was FSU that stopped us those times, we stopped ourselves with bad calls and a critical holding penalty that erased a 20 something yard run by AE and forced us to go to a pass happy mode, which plays to FSU's strength.

I'm not concerned about a let down against BC with Chad at the helm of the offense.

Re: I really like Morris. Tells it like it is..I agree......

Sep 24, 2012, 5:09 PM

:)

Re: I really like Morris. Tells it like it is

Sep 25, 2012, 9:12 AM [ in reply to I really like Morris. Tells it like it is ]

That holding call was one that really got me. It can be made on virtually every play. The OT had his hands inside the shoulders of the defensive player and had a grip on his shirt. That's what he's supposed to do. As long as his hands are inside the shoulders, that's not a call that typically gets made.

It would not have turned the game around like a couple phanton holding calls in the past, but my pet peeve has always been the inconsistency of this call. We've all seen games where the refs seem to just pull a holding call out for no apparent reason. In reality, I think they watch what's going on and throw the flag to influence how much holding actually occurs. They may notice that the OL keeps a grip when the DT creates some distance, or they may be getting their hands a little wide, so they throw the flag on the next play.

Re: Front Page Story: Hangin' with the Chad

Sep 24, 2012, 2:06 PM

very sophisticated game plan. took the pressure off the dl, trying to out score fsu. worked for most of the game. you definitely have as exciting an offense as anyhone in the country. am very surprised that the "tag along" defense has not gotten better. don't get down, alot of things can happen. the offensive line deserves big kidos, but don't rest on your laurals. fsu made enough mistakes to lose the game; clemson looked very well coached except for fundamental mistakes on defense. #46 played well on defense; he deserves kudos. tackling on kick off team was nonexistent. the ability to shed blockers has been nonexistent for many years. give some thought to recruiting jr. college players for defense. clemsom and oregon are the two most exciting offenses in the country. oregon can also play defense.

Sep 24, 2012, 10:29 PM

Exactly. I point to the kick off after our score to open the 2nd half. Why in the heck did we have Spenser kick a returnable ball? Sit the rock on the 25 and make 'em take it all the way. That is the point the mo shifted. Then the 3 & outs. We were on the verge of gassing their defense. Instead, it was our's that got gassed.

Go Tigers!

Sep 25, 2012, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Hangin' with the Chad ]

Clemson rarely recruits junior college players, primarily for academic reasons. The problem is that junior college credits rarely meet the requirements for Clemson's freshman and sophomore required classes, so a juco player won't have sufficient academic progress because the NCAA wants them to be academic juniors if they're athletic juniors. That's not true of all junior colleges, but it is usually true of the types of junior colleges where kids go who have academic issues. It's too bad for the kids and makes building an athletic program harder, but IMO, maintaining high academic standards, even for athletes, is more important.

What's he so proud of?

Sep 25, 2012, 7:46 AM

The first half I guess. We had 5 straight possessions in the second half that netted a grand total of 1 yard.

Re: What's he so proud of?

Sep 25, 2012, 9:19 AM

His team scored 37 points on what is probably a top 5 defense nationally. That's something to be proud of regardless. He also took responsibility for the loss and acknowledged his mistakes as well as the fact that his job is to score 1 more than the other team whether that's 71 or 10.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic