Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Don't Know What You've Got Till It's Gone
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Don't Know What You've Got Till It's Gone

Aug 21, 2013, 5:19 PM

Don't Know What You've Got Till It's Gone

College football players are at their schools for only a short time, and some of the best to ever don the paw will be playing their last season in Death Valley. Enjoy them while you can. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Don't Know What You've Got Till It's Gone

Aug 21, 2013, 5:28 PM

Nice article. I can't wait to savor every moment! Go Tigers!!!

I still miss having Spiller returning kicks. I also used to

Aug 21, 2013, 5:32 PM

try to be the first fan to stand up and signal 'touchdown' as soon as CJ got past the linebacker level. I was rarely wrong.

*sniff*sniff*
I miss him.

But I've watched long pass plays to Nuk and Sammy, and thought we are going to miss Tajh in a big way. He throws the most accurate deep ball I've ever seen at Clemson, with acknowledgment that Whitehurst was good at it, too.

These years are going by faster and faster.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2013, 5:32 PM

WOW!!!....great article, really got me to thinking about this upcoming season in a "different light"...5 stars....thanks

Aug 21, 2013, 6:28 PM

How does one achieve a 3% Tiger Pulse with 9 posts? That's impressive!

Great stuff!

Aug 21, 2013, 5:41 PM

Keep em comin..... P.s I miss beating the coots ??

I'm excited for every single second

Aug 21, 2013, 5:41 PM

Of this upcoming season! I think this one will be one of the most special to date in my memory (only 31 years old.). I plan to make the most of every game, treating each like its the most anticipated and biggest of the season!

very nice, well written

Aug 21, 2013, 7:48 PM

!

So true- That was a good read***

Aug 21, 2013, 8:05 PM

Re: So true- That was a good read***

Aug 21, 2013, 11:10 PM

You should watch "The Office" he ripped off the lead in from the show. Happened to be on last night too.

Back to the top!!!! Well said!

Aug 21, 2013, 8:05 PM

Clemson's coming!!!!!!!

GO TIGERS!

Fantastic read.....thank you for that moment***

Aug 21, 2013, 8:43 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2013, 10:22 PM

Excellent article David, I have been doing as you said for the last couple years because you're right it does fly by. I was also at the ACC Championship 2 years ago and I had a hard time leaving so I savored the moment as long as I could and proceeded to chant cadence all the way out of Bank of America Stadium until I had no voice left, one of those nights I will never forget!!!

One of your best articles dave!

Aug 21, 2013, 11:56 PM

And this is exactly what ive been telling fellow clemson fans that I know. This is a special team poised for a special season. Hopefully things will play out the way it should. Go tigers!

Another Band May have Covered it in the 80's, but

Aug 22, 2013, 8:16 AM

the line is originally by Joni Mitchell in a song titled "Big Yellow Taxi" recorded in 1970. Great article. I still hold onto a lot of memories, such as Larry Hefner diving over a player to make a tackle, William Perry running down quarterbacks, Steve Fuller calm in the pocket, etc.

So, first off. Thank you TigerNet......

Aug 22, 2013, 8:25 AM

for hiring Mr Hood, here. Dude writes awesome stuff, that we need to cherish, as T-Net had to catch writings like this in the occasional philosophical post from a rabid fan.

And, thank you David. Another well done example, sir.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2013, 8:40 AM

How nice. I yearn for the days when I sat in the stands as a teenager and watched Buddy Gore "run to daylight" against whomever happened to be our opponent that particular day. I yearn for the day we beat the crap out of a highly ranked Alabama team only to lose the game due to bad field goal kicking. I yearn for the day when Clemson ran a play called swing right or swing left and watch Buddy Gore run for 50 yards or it may have been Jacky Jackson or maybe even Ray Yagear. I yearn for the day when the "Needle" would drop back to pass and watch as his frail little body would get smashed as his pass was completed 50 yards down the field. And I also yearn for C.J. Spillar running wild out there, too.

Often said the same about 28. It's special, enjoy it!***

Aug 22, 2013, 8:45 AM

Reality Check

Aug 22, 2013, 9:04 AM

Great article! This is a little bit of a reality check for many fans out there. Every season for me for my 33 years of being on this earth have been memorable in many ways. I can't wait to savor every second of this season. It's been an honor to watch players like TB over the years, and hey Clemson fans, lets make this season for the ones who won't be wearing the orange next year one to remember by making Death Valley rock out each and every game!!! GO TIGERS!!!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic