Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Board of Trustees approves salaries of Clemson assistant coaches
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Board of Trustees approves salaries of Clemson assistant coaches

Feb 15, 2012, 8:05 PM

Board of Trustees approves salaries of Clemson assistant coaches

Board of Trustees Compensation Committee
approves salary increases for Clemson Assistant Football Coaches for next two years.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Board of Trustees approves salaries of Clemson assistant coaches

Feb 15, 2012, 8:14 PM

are you shittin me that Jeff Scott only makes $215k while down in cootville little sos make $300k That is an insult

Jeff Scott should make more....

Feb 15, 2012, 8:22 PM

He brings in alot of the jessies and joes

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jeff Scott should make more....

Feb 15, 2012, 8:54 PM

Agree that Jeff is getting the very shortest end of the stick. He is only making 10k more than Tony, and does a h&ll of a lot more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Board of Trustees approves salaries of Clemson assistant coaches

Feb 15, 2012, 8:45 PM

Why is Danny Pearman making nearly 100k more than Scott?

$265K

Feb 16, 2012, 12:02 AM

Swinney just gave away $265,000 that he earned. Wonder if that gets him enough points for seats in the lower deck?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: $265K

Feb 16, 2012, 12:48 AM

I think Jeff's salary is fine. If Dabo didn't get promoted Jeff wouldn't be the WR coach at Clemson. He was a GA at the time. I think what he is getting paid is just fine. How much was he getting 3 or 4 years ago as a GA?

Now hopefully he does get an additional 25k or something as a recruiting coordinator. He should be compensated for that role.

Yep. I think I could live just fine on $215K a year. But,

Feb 16, 2012, 7:29 AM

it might be touch and go.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Thats not the point

Feb 16, 2012, 9:33 AM

Its not about if you can live, its about if you are paid competitively to what you are work.

BUT JS salary is whee it is, and Brad still has a job...infer what you will.

Swinney is awesome! Is there any other coach doing this?

Feb 16, 2012, 9:33 AM [ in reply to $265K ]

The man knows good things are on the way!

Steve Spurrier donates half his paycheck

Mar 1, 2012, 6:20 AM

to a homeless kitty shelter

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2012, 9:59 AM

Iam proud of Dabo's willingness to pony up the compensation differences it takes to assemble our staff. He should not have to pay it out of his pocket, though. Our coaches have moved our program forward by about a million miles in a very short time, and the fact is that while coaches make a lot of money, that is just what the market will bare. If we want to compete at the highest level, we have to compensate. Dabo earned his money, based on the criteria set forth in his contract. Shame on the trustees for taking his money away to do what they should be doing. If they didn't pilfer several million away from the Athletic Dept. to pay for non-athletic scholarships, there would be no need to rob from Peter to pay Paul. JMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Program a "million miles" forward, or similar to Bowden era?

Feb 16, 2012, 12:03 PM

According to the Sagarin conference strength rankings, in 20111, the ACC moved down to 6th (of the 6 AQ conferences) and the ACC has been down relative to the Bowden years. So is Clemson really a "million miles" forward because Clemson won one more game than in the Bowden era? From a national perspective, Clemson still seems to be the same kind of fringe-Top 25 team that it's been since Danny left.

AP Top 25 rank final poll:
2011: #22
2010: unranked
2009: #24
2008: unranked (Bowden/Swinney transition)
2007: #21
2006: unranked
2005: #21
2004: unranked
2003: #22
2002: unranked
2001: unranked
2000: #16

Swinney is 0-5 against non-conference opponents that finished in the AP Top 25. Bowden was 1-8. Swinney's Tigers got blown out 70-33 in the Orange Bowl, sort of like Bowden's Tigers getting blown out 55-15 in the 2002 Tangerine Bowl. Very similar outside the ACC.

I'm happy that Clemson won the Atlantic twice and the ACC once under Swinney. Then again, Clemson had its first losing season since 1998 (Tommy West). SCar has owned 3-straight. (They've improved greatly under Spurrier.) I just don't see the "million miles" forward.

Thanks, Ann.***

Feb 16, 2012, 12:25 PM

Did someone say we've moved a million miles forward????????

Feb 16, 2012, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Program a "million miles" forward, or similar to Bowden era? ]

I think we're about the same so far. Probably yet to have a team better than one of Bowden's best teams. I think we may be positioned for improvement, but not yet realized. Better than Hatfield's last two years; all of West's tenure; and the first few years of Bowden, but not yet better than Bowden's later years. Again not yet.

Re: Did someone say we've moved a million miles forward????????

Feb 16, 2012, 5:39 PM

Hey genius.How about getting to the Acc Championship 2 out of three years.Wow try to be a little upbeat.Dabo's the man you'll see.

Re: Did someone say we've moved a million miles forward????????

Feb 17, 2012, 12:24 AM [ in reply to Did someone say we've moved a million miles forward???????? ]

Your opinion, but I doubt you ever would have seen one of TB's teams come back from the big deficits we overcame in a couple of our games. He would have just laid down and given up, kept sorry assistants who weren't getting the job done, and we could have marched right on another 20 years without a trophy. He did beat the coots nearly every year, and I thought he did a pretty good job at Clemson. I see our future as a whole lot brighter than if he still were at Clemson, though. JMHO, and you can disagree, if you wish.

Re: Program a "million miles" forward, or similar to Bowden era?

Feb 17, 2012, 12:18 AM [ in reply to Program a "million miles" forward, or similar to Bowden era? ]

To me, our team is way beyond where we have been in a long time, but if you don't think so, that's okay. We hadn't won a conference championship in 20 years, so if you took all the travel we have made to games when we didn't get that trophy, I expect it would be, at least, a million miles. Still, as you point out, we only won 1 more game than TB won, so you don't have to think we are getting better. The glass to some will never be completely full, but there are others who can find something positive to say about it. I am one of those. I had rather be happy about our future.

Re: Program a "million miles" forward, or similar to Bowden era?

Mar 1, 2012, 6:10 AM [ in reply to Program a "million miles" forward, or similar to Bowden era? ]

An ACC Championship won by a lot of Freshmen, I'd say that would count at the very least a half a million miles forward.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic