Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From what I read on the front page about the appeals
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

From what I read on the front page about the appeals

Jan 2, 2019, 2:43 PM

it looks like it is a very longshot to get anyone back from the natty game. So we lose our most Bama like player for Bama. It will make things very tough. The blurb also made it sound like it might be hard to prove what is necessary to get the suspensions lifted for next year.

1. Galloway is a #### good freshman tight end. What happens to him and his career here?
2. Who will play tight end for us next year?
3. what does it say to recruits if we can't say where this substance might have come from?
4. Have Alabama's three suspended players been reinstated for the national championship game?
5. I have heard i is supposed to rain all week in Santa Clara. If it does rain, it obviously messes up the passing game more than the run game. I think that would hurt us more than Bama. Even though Bama passes a lot this year, if they have to be one dimensional on the run, they can handle that a lot better than we can. However, a wet field could also be a great equalizer. If we are an underdog, maybe it helps us. Who knows, we may have the better starting one and two deep.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From what I read on the front page about the appeals

Jan 2, 2019, 2:47 PM

I hate it for big Dex but it just might work out for the best. The backups are very good and will be extra determined to show out.

Jan 2, 2019, 2:50 PM

It looks like the only chance of rain is on Saturday. Field should be dry.

Thanks, I was just listening to some guys on talk radio and

Jan 2, 2019, 2:52 PM

hadn't looked at the weather report yet.

Jan 2, 2019, 3:37 PM

4. Bama's players are out for NCG too. http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25625119/three-suspended-alabama-players-play-season

5. Weather appears to show mild and clear with minimally increasing % of precip into the evening/night - like precip 15%-23%. But weather-wise, Monday is still a ways away.

Thank you***

Jan 2, 2019, 11:24 PM

Jan 2, 2019, 3:47 PM

Here is the part I don't get. The three of these guys have the same small amount of this stuff in their systems. They drug test pretty often so it could not have been that long since they tested clean. Is it really that hard to look at the time between now and then and find a common denominator that is the root cause of this? There has to be a supplement, a sports drink, a painkiller, a diet pill or something they were all taking that caused this. It seems too coincidental that none of them failed a test before, and now all of a sudden they all 3 fail for the same substance in the same minute dose?

A good forensic pharmacologist should be able to get to the bottom of this.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 4:25 PM

I've thought from the beginning it must be a contamination issue, and what supplier is going to admit it's their issue. They'll just double down on the denial because they don't want to get a rep for supplying a bad product. Really hate this for those guys.

Jan 2, 2019, 4:28 PM

Surely before next spring we can get the two younger guys back...

None of them will win an appeal without identifying the source

Jan 3, 2019, 7:10 AM

So we won’t have the younger guys next season at all. Giella would have to appeal for 6th year the year after so my guess his career would be done. Galloway would just RS next year. Finding the source isn’t going to be easy unless the product is in the building and there is some left. They probably don’t keep the packaging for any of it once it’s used so identifying the lots to get additional samples to test will be even more difficult even if they think they know the source(which I doubt they do) I don’t see this ending well for these players. I do hope it’s used to shine some light on how ostarine can find its way into athletes and possibly some NCAA changes in testing and thresholds with this substance in particular. Just too easy for inadvertent or sabotage to occur.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic