Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From Bill Bender at Sporting News...Maybe Old News
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

From Bill Bender at Sporting News...Maybe Old News

Jun 13, 2018, 9:55 AM

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/list/college-football-coach-rankings-2018-nick-saban-dabo-swinney-urban-meyer-kirby-smart-jim-harbaugh/pw0dkzocij0ozd5nodvbnlj8/slide/28

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From Bill Bender at Sporting News...Maybe Old News

Jun 13, 2018, 10:22 AM

I think that Kirby Smart was prematurely put in there at #5 bc he hasn't paid his dues, plus he inherited a very talented UGA team. And I think that he is spot on with Nick and Dabo exactly where they belong at #1 and #2 bc both have more than proved their skill and ability at recruiting winning teams and hiring championship minded assistant coaches!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2018, 10:41 AM

Totally agree with your assessment. Kirby needs to be knocked down a notch or two, or more. I can't believe I'd say this but I sure do hope the coots beat them in week two... and uga just falls flat and not even win the east. Here's wishing they go 6-6 this year. Although with their easy schedule it'd be hard to do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2018, 10:52 AM

kerigantoo I totally understand the UGA hate bc I hate them also but, I will always and forever be a fan to who ever is playing against usuc all season every season!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Harbaugh at 11?!!!

Jun 13, 2018, 10:34 AM

Lol rankings invalid

Re: Harbaugh at 11?!!!

Jun 13, 2018, 10:46 AM

I agree 100%, but picking the top Head Coaches in college FB for the past 3-4 years should have been as easy as clubbing baby seals. It also could be said that Dabo and our Clemson Tigers could have played a tougher schedule at least 3 of the 4 years than did Bama.

Jun 13, 2018, 10:51 AM

I think Jimbo at #4 is drastically overrated. His offense is far too complex, and he gets way too much credit for a national title that was largely won off the talents of Jameis Winston (who disregarded at least half of whatever Jimbo was sputtering at him and just ad-libbed it a lot of the time, I do not exaggerate), and a very talented team that was, frankly, as dirty as anybody in the SEC. I think he fails dramatically at A&M and costs the Aggies a ton of money; he was thoroughly despised in Tally by the time he left...by pretty much everyone, from the administration to his fellow coaches to the players.

Actually think Chris Peterson and James Franklin are probably the next two up on the list after the obvious 1-2-3 of Saban, Dabo, and Meyer. Peterson's just plain good and will win 10+ a year until he finally wins it all. Franklin is an incredibly aggressive big-mouthed jerk and go-getter but he wins recruiting battles and he wins games and he's got a hungry sleeping giant behind him with Penn State. I dislike him but he's formidable.

Keeping a wait-and-see approach with Lincoln Riley there at Oklahoma. Could be the real deal, could be a fizzle. Take a few years to see for sure.

Jury's also still out on Kirby Smart. He's the dirtiest recruiter in college football right now (which is likely to bring the NCAA to his door at some point) and Athens is not an easy place - actually, it's harder even than in Tallahassee - to keep your players on the straight and narrow. Even Mark Richt, who wasn't afraid to suspend half his own team, often had to to start the year for whatever his players had done over the summer there at UGA. Smart's testosterone-addled "savages" approach seems more likely to win a lot of Fulmer Cup points there in Athens, and out-of-control locker rooms underachieve. Badly. So we'll see, with Smart. My gut is, he's more Les Miles than Nick Saban, and time will bear that out.

And Harbaugh...lordy. Is there anybody better at self-promotion, and anybody who actually does less when it comes to actually competing on the field?

Jun 13, 2018, 10:55 AM

Jimbutt will surely have his chance to prove how good or not so good he is as the Texas A&M HC.

Jun 13, 2018, 10:55 AM

What I found puzzling was Muschamp at #32. What has he done, exactly, to even belong in the top 50?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Jun 13, 2018, 10:59 AM

Absolutely, he couldn't win at one of the TOP schools in Florida, and with his record while there, that alone should put him in the 100 numbers....

LOL...CussChamp at 32

Jun 13, 2018, 12:42 PM

Not sure he's done ANYTHING to earn a spot in the top 50 let alone 32nd.

If CussChamp is 32, the head coach at the Citadel must be 30 or 31.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic