Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Friend, it's not just tickets I'm afraid.
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1
   | View Original Thread |

Friend, it's not just tickets I'm afraid.

Oct 24, 2018, 9:50 AM

At the Syracuse game, I was making my way as per normal to our spot(s) on the Avenue of Champions. As I pulled up, much to my chagrin a vehicle already in my hospitality spot (I have a spot for the Rover and a separate spot for catering to set up in so that my guests and I don't have to mingle and dine amongst the hoi polloi.

It wasn't just any vehicle, no this was the entry level Mercedes SUV, the GLC or something. I still shudder when I think about my associates walking by and perhaps thinking that was my new vehicle of choice---it would have sent a really poor image about the current state of my business enterprises and finances.

I confronted the young thirty something couple about their transgression, and they got a bit indignant, saying they had paid $400 for the spot and that they had friends coming by. I gently explained that if all it took to park there was $400 and a $20 box of chicken, every aspirational social climber and their brother in the fanbase would have spots there. Then I made a quick call to Davis Babb, explaining the situation. 5 minutes later he arrived on his golf cart and explained to the couple that indeed they were parking on hallowed ground. We try not to be petty, but as they got in their car, my son, Chaz Spencer III, gave a little "hey hey hey, goodbye". We chuckled and then went back to instructing the caterers on how to set things up.

So be careful folks. If something seems to be too good to be true, it probably is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic