Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Friday night at Cuse.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 772

Friday night at Cuse.

Jan 28, 2021, 11:05 AM

Most fans hate Friday night games. Coaches aren't real fond of them either. But, TV contracts drive the train. I'm pretty sure that the TV contract for Friday night games includes the stipulation that every team must play a Friday night game every X number of years.

So, here is what coaches want: An open date before the Friday night game. And, if you can't get that what you really don't want is an away game on a Friday night when you played the previous Saturday.

So, Clemson got the best deal possible with the away game. They travel to Cuse, but they have an open date the week before.

And, Cuse doesn't get an open date. So, they have to settle for second best. They have a short week, but at least they get to play at home.

Clemson plays at Pitt the week following the Cuse game. It's an away game, but they do get an extra day to prepare. Pitt doesn't have an off week before Clemson; they play at VT.

Looking at the schedule, I fully expect Clemson to go 12-0. (UGA being the toughest game.) After this crazy year, no telling which ACC teams will be the toughest on the schedule, I don't think of them will be a serious challenge to Clemson.

Side Note: I'll be happy if FSU goes 7-5. That's how much distance there is between the two programs.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 772
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic