Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Found this Surprising
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,592

Found this Surprising

Sep 21, 2018, 4:04 PM

Was somewhat surprised at the differences between Clemson and Georgia Tech football recruiting over the past four recruiting cycles (2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018). From data gleaned from the 247 Composite Site Clemson's average national recruiting rank for the four years is 11 compared to 52 for Ga Tech. Clemson's average recruit star rating is 3.7 vs 2.9 for Tech. In addition Clemson has had 36 4* and 11 5* recruits vs 3 4* and 0 5* for Tech. Should this bode well for us tomorrow? As always I am - well - Hopeful! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

They must not have many 2, 1 or no star recruits

Sep 21, 2018, 4:11 PM

Either, to have a 2.9 average

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They must not have many 2, 1 or no star recruits

Sep 21, 2018, 4:16 PM

You're right - 2 0*, 6 2*, 82 3* and 3 4*. So almost all 3* per 247>

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

That's why Tech runs that gimmicky little triple option....

Sep 21, 2018, 5:22 PM

because they don't have the talent or depth to match-up with teams otherwise.

The offense they run levels the playing field somewhat.

If GT ever does get around to firing Paul Johnson, it will take the new coach at least four or five recruiting cycles to rebuild that program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I think it’s the other way around

Sep 21, 2018, 5:41 PM

They can’t get any quality players because they run that gimmick offense

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think it’s the other way around

Sep 21, 2018, 5:56 PM

I think both statements are correct.

Re: Found this Surprising

Sep 21, 2018, 6:28 PM

What I find surprising is that CU average wasn't higher! We recruit with the best of them! To the point where we overlook players if they have off the field questions about them.

Dabo and company has it going on the recruiting front! I hope it continues and improves! Another playoff appearance and say a win or two as well would make it almost a two horse race with the best talent!
Georgia always gets a ton of talent. Ohio State too! Our classes would be even better if not for ( don't get me wrong I like it) our belief of not going after kids who have red flags!
Urban Meyer and OSU are starting to lose a few recruits to Meat chikin(Michigan). How long will kids keep going to Georgia if they keep falling short?

Yes; the talent gap should make a difference tomorrow! I'm hoping it makes a 42 point difference in favor of the Tigers, LOL!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Found this Surprising

Sep 21, 2018, 7:07 PM

How do walk-ons figure into the averages?

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,592
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic