Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Former Clemson Track Coach Bob Pollock Passes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Feb 20, 2010, 8:35 PM

Bob Pollock, who led Clemson to 21 ACC Championships in his 20 years as head coach of the school’s track program, died Saturday in Lexington, KY. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Former Clemson Track Coach Bob Pollock Passes

Feb 20, 2010, 9:25 PM

A great man and coach. He will be missed.

Feb 20, 2010, 10:53 PM

sorry to hear about the passing of coach Pollock. I didn't know him personally however I did have the pleasure of meeting him a few times. I do however know his son John who pitched at The Citadel and I want to extend my thoughts and prayers to John and the rest of the Pollock family.

Feb 21, 2010, 12:07 AM

RIP to one of the best coaches & best men we've had at Clemson.

Feb 21, 2010, 12:10 PM

God bless Coach Pollock and his family. He was a great coach, man and Tiger, and he will be sorely missed.

The indoor track complex should be named for him

Feb 21, 2010, 8:49 PM

I don't know if it's what they had in mind all along, but I can't help but think that there's a particular reason the indoor track and field building doesn't have a dedication name yet... and I don't think it's money.

Coach Pollock practically built that building with his own two hands considering the success that he brought to the program. There was a joke going around after it was constructed that Coach Bowden had asked to use it for football practice on a rainy day, to which Coach Pollock replied "win a conference title they'll build you one of your own!"

It would be more than fitting to name it after him.

Re: What a Splendid Clemson Coach

Feb 22, 2010, 5:50 PM

I never got to meet Coach Bob Pollack, but knew what he stood for, was doing and accomplishing with his Clemson track teams over all these long years. He had to be a fantastic man, teacher and coach for his teams to have won so many ACC, regional & national titles. Thank you Coach...job well done....and GOD Bless You.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2010, 2:27 PM

It was loss enough to no longer get his newsletter after he retired, now, the loss is complete. Bob was a good friend. His stewardship of the track program was incomparable. He made an effort to include old track alums like me. I second the proposition made by a previous poster that the indoor facility be named in his honor. My sincere sympathy is extended to his family for their loss.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic