Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Former Clemson Coach Dr. I.M. Ibrahim Passes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Jul 13, 2008, 12:55 PM

Dr. I.M. Ibrahim, the Father of Clemson soccer and the only Clemson coach in any sport to win two national championships, died suddenly Saturday afternoon in Seneca, SC. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very sorry to hear this - prayers for his family and friends***

Jul 13, 2008, 1:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Condolences go out to his family.

Jul 13, 2008, 3:48 PM

I always found him to be very pleasant and thought a lot of him. When I was a freshman at Clemson in 1968, soccer was still a club sport but he changed that. He probably did more for the sport of soccer in South Carolina than any other two people. Until he arrived few people in SC even knew that it existed and I know there are some who still feel that way.

The Clemson community has lost a Clemson Gentleman.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Former Clemson Coach Dr. I.M. Ibrahim Passes

Jul 13, 2008, 3:56 PM

Frogman72, I was a freshman in 68 as well. Do you remember the cool yellow XK-E Ibrahim used to drive. That was my dream car.

Former Clemson Coach Dr. I.M. Ibrahim Passes- sad day

Jul 13, 2008, 4:15 PM

condolences to his family and friends. he was a prominient figure at CU during my time there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very sorry to hear about Coach Ibrahim..

Jul 13, 2008, 9:00 PM

he was a young coach when I was there in the early 70's. He was just like one of the guys and a friend to everyone. I remember going to the Tiger Den and seeing Coach I. there several times .He loved playing the pin-ball machines, and having a cold one and a peperroni pizza. He was Clemson icon.I will miss him . CL

G'bye Coach.

Jul 14, 2008, 12:09 AM

Many have learned from you.

We've all benefited from you.

More than can be counted, will miss you.

Stunned - - this past football season I was at The Athletic

Jul 14, 2008, 2:39 PM

Dept (store) and he was there. Was before the semihole game, I think. Very busy. He got on the phone and sounded like he called his wife at the other store - asking if they were busy, did she need help, etc.

I was at Clemson from '84 - '90 and saw the Nat'l Champ game in '87. Electric. Always thought highly of Coach.

So I was giddy standing there wringing my hands - should I buy a soccer ball and get him to sign it. Would go great with my Frank Howard football and my CTB football. Really busy, didn't want to bother him.

Asked a sales kid there if he thought I could ask for him to sign a soccer ball I would buy and he said Coach loves to do that.

So I did it. Coach Ibrahim acted honored. He went to the back to get an orange Sharpie. He asked about when I was at Clemson and we talked a few minutes about the NC game on Riggs Field.

I left that store on cloud 14 - - made my whole weekend.

As I was leaving 2 guys who looked like 2 former players snuck up around him and acted like they were seeing their father for the first time in 5 years.

Really good guy in my book who I will miss greatly. Prayers for his family.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic