Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those who continually complain about 2nd half garbage points
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

For those who continually complain about 2nd half garbage points

Nov 9, 2019, 10:51 PM

I would again offer that this IS Dabo’s formula for not only winning A championship, but for building long term sustainability.

You don’t get long term sustainability by leaving all your starters in for 4-quarters when the game is in hand. You don’t get it via the Louisville Lamar Jackson method employed by Bobby Petrino of leaving your quarterback in for style points, and you sure as hell don’t get it via an onside kick when you’re up 14-0 against one of the worst teams in Big10 history.

You get it when everyone has skin in the game. You get it when starters and backups have an opportunity to excel and fail and then be held accountable or praised.

In my view, if Dabo and staff had followed the advice of a number of TNet contributors, Deshaun Watson may have a Heisman, but Clemson would have at least one fewer National Championship, perhaps two.

When the pundits say,(the same pundits that criticize Clemson for the lack of eye test) that Clemson develops players better than anyone,

-Why do you think that is???

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those who continually complain about 2nd half garbage points

Nov 9, 2019, 10:59 PM

Throwing screen passes to Will Swinney is a waste of time .

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2019, 11:01 PM

Point and case-

Throwing screen passes to Will Swinney and other young players is how you build the next Hunter Renfrow.

Thanks for the timely support of the point I’m making.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, for developing players

Nov 9, 2019, 11:05 PM

but Will S and Rencher are just taking up snaps. Neither of them will develop into anything much. Will will coach one day and Rencher will be a successful in his field of stuidy. Neither of them belong on the field unless you're at home winning by 40

I recall the same criticism of Vic Beasley

Nov 9, 2019, 11:11 PM

early in his career at Clemson.

Re: I recall the same criticism of Vic Beasley

Nov 9, 2019, 11:15 PM

Rencher is a senior and Swinney is a jr right? I think we know their upside.

Nov 9, 2019, 11:40 PM

Swinney is a sophomore. Rencher is a senior, a team captain, and a valued leader on the team. He’s also an honors student.

Football is about more than football.

He's also RB #3

Nov 9, 2019, 11:51 PM

Say what you will about Rencher, he's the 3rd guy on the field at RB for every game.
Not Dukes or Melusi.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Re: He's also RB #3

Nov 10, 2019, 12:01 AM

What I said about Rencher is what is true about Rencher.

What I also wrote that you don’t seem willing to internalize is that football is about more than football.

Nov 9, 2019, 11:16 PM [ in reply to I recall the same criticism of Vic Beasley ]

That's a stretch, don't you think?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2019, 11:21 PM

Not at all. I think knowing you’ll get an opportunity to play and prove your worthiness is extremely attractive to any young man deciding where to commit, walk-on or 5*

Re: True, for developing players

Nov 9, 2019, 11:22 PM [ in reply to True, for developing players ]

And yet look at the affect Rencher had on the team when he scored a TD versus BC.

Re: True, for developing players

Nov 9, 2019, 11:53 PM [ in reply to True, for developing players ]

Sometimes it is a matter of rewarding players for their work on the practice field, the locker room, and classroom. That spurs more work by everybody. Psychological growth of the team can be as important as the physical improvement.

Nov 9, 2019, 11:11 PM

I understand it's garbage points. My problem with it is that we look terrible and usually get outscored . Psychologically speaking it's discouraging and ends the game on a sour negative tone. Can you understand why Dan's don't like it? Especially after knowing that the CFP committee obviously thinks we are not deserving of a top 4 ranking because we don't beat weaker teams and bad as we should. Ohio State has covered every spread this year with many points to spare. And theyre#1.

Nov 9, 2019, 11:15 PM

No, i truly don’t understand it, especially since there’s rock solid data that Dabo’s formula works.

Nov 9, 2019, 11:26 PM [ in reply to Re: For those who continually complain about 2nd half garbage points ]

Show me where the committee said we don’t beat bad teams by enough points.

I members when Bama was tired out... No depth***

Nov 9, 2019, 11:14 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic