Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those questioning our FB staff's recruiting...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,116

For those questioning our FB staff's recruiting...

Jun 22, 2018, 9:05 AM

What do these players have in common?

Eric MacLain
Stanton Seckinger
Kevin Dodd
BJ Goodson
TJ Green
Jadar Johnson
DJ Reader
Ryan Carter
Maverick Morris
Hunter Renfrow
Tanner Muse
Justin Falcinelli
JD Davis

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They all committed to Clemson

Jun 22, 2018, 9:07 AM

What do I win?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I see absolutely no flaw in your answer.

Jun 22, 2018, 9:45 AM

Well done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I’m a little concerned right now. All of a sudden your bestie is a

Jun 22, 2018, 10:02 AM

Coot troll lawyer?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll bite...

Jun 22, 2018, 9:07 AM

they all were 3 stars or less.

Re: For those questioning our FB staff's recruiting...

Jun 22, 2018, 9:12 AM

Isaiah Simmons was a three star also. He really showed flashes of great things to come last season, and I think he’s going to have a break-out year.

Just curious.. do you also have the list of 2-3 star

Jun 22, 2018, 9:15 AM

guys in the Swinney era that did not make significant contributions so that we can do a fair comparison?

Jun 22, 2018, 9:22 AM

•2017: Alabama Crimson Tide (1, 1, 1, 1)
•2016: Clemson Tigers (11, 9, 16, 15)
•2015: Alabama Crimson Tide (1, 1, 1, 1)
•2014: Ohio State Buckeyes (3, 2, 5, 6)
•2013: Florida State Seminoles (11, 4, 2, 8)
•2012: Alabama Crimson Tide (1, 1, 4, 3)
•2011: Alabama Crimson Tide (1, 4, 3, 3)
•2010: Auburn Tigers (6, 23, 21, 9)
•2009: Alabama Crimson Tide (3, 3, 12, 13)
•2008: Florida Gators (5, 1, 2, 12)

2010 Auburn had Cam
2016 Us had Deshaun

I think our class this year has been underwhelming thus far. sorry

I don't get it Big Dan.....

Jun 22, 2018, 9:32 AM

I don't follow a recruiting a lot but I went and looked at 3 services (ESPN, Rivals, and 24/7) and we're top 5 in all.

Am I missin something? Are we talking 2020?

Maybe I'm just an old timer that remembers taking a Top 15 and being happy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't get it Big Dan.....

Jun 22, 2018, 9:41 AM

We are ranked highly because of quantity of our class not quality. The last few years we have had small classes full of the best. This year THUS FAR, it could certainly get better, we have a large class with a lot of three stars.

You are making zero sense right now

Jun 22, 2018, 10:00 AM

You have used class rankings of all the national championship winners to prove a point that high class rankings lead to championships. Then when someone points out Clemson has a top 5 class ranking, you argue against our class ranking?

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: You are making zero sense right now

Jun 22, 2018, 10:08 AM

His point is that right now the comparisons are final rankings to relatively early rankings where class sizes aren't close and we have a highly rated class based mainly on volume right now at 17 commits. Like for example last summer Minnesota had a top 10 class because they had more commits than anyone else but they were all 3 stars so many teams eventually passed them as the numbers evened out.

If that's the point he's trying to make then he makes zero

Jun 22, 2018, 10:17 AM

sense because he's saying it's too early to rely on recruiting class rankings but yet it's late enough in the process to worry about our recruiting class? Minnesota didn't have anywhere close to the talent we have signed right now.

Our coaching staff has proven time and time again that they are some of the top recruiters in the country. 3 straight CFP appearances, 1 national title, ACC Championships and it looks like we have a great shot at getting back to the playoffs this year. Why would any Clemson fan believe our staff just magically forgot how to recruit? On a scale of 1 to moran, that is level moran plus 30.

Jun 22, 2018, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: For those questioning our FB staff's recruiting... ]

I look at the class recruiting rankings and what jumps out at me is our year by year rankings don't match those of the other national champions, with the exception of Auburn. That tells me our supporting cast of players were developed by our staff. That point is exactly what several posters have mentioned. Our staff can evaluate a player's potential than the so-called recruiting experts.

I don't cast a blind eye to the experts ratings, particular on the high end, but, as we are all aware, there is a lot of talent among those with a 3*** ranking. Star ratings are for us fans. Observed talent and potential by our staff, plus other factors such as character, attitude and academic level, forms the criteria for those who's commitments are accepted by our staff. We are never privy to the reasons why we do not offer or actively pursue certain prospects.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They were all accepted to SCAR***

Jun 22, 2018, 9:43 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,116
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic