Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those of you who hate ESPN and think we’re still only a football school
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

For those of you who hate ESPN and think we’re still only a football school

Mar 24, 2018, 9:19 AM

https://twitter.com/clowespn/status/975740630344269825?s=21

Clearly you haven’t been paying attention. Go tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can thank a good SID for feeding them that stat.***

Mar 24, 2018, 9:21 AM

Re: You can thank a good SID for feeding them that stat.***

Mar 24, 2018, 9:23 AM

Yes, I am aware that Tim Bourett compiled the info. Still, it’s notable that ESPN picked up on it and acknowledged it.

Re: For those of you who hate ESPN and think we’re still only a football school

Mar 24, 2018, 9:27 AM

Haters gonna’ hate! Only the forum in Columbia displays more hate than this one. Scary! But we pray a lot.

I would say, I’ll wait for the sports Center Special on it

Mar 24, 2018, 9:27 AM

But I don’t watch anything except our games and I’m planning to watch Marty Smiths new show.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That must have been painful to tweet that.

Mar 24, 2018, 9:34 AM

ESPN hates us.

The SEC can claim that hat trick.

Mar 24, 2018, 12:52 PM

SEC, SEC, SEC!

Different schools but it doesn’t matter when you cheer for a conference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Huh?****

Mar 24, 2018, 5:14 PM

I hate ESPN.***

Mar 24, 2018, 9:51 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're out to get us.*****

Mar 24, 2018, 5:14 PM

For those who post about people who hate ESPN and think we are a football school

Mar 24, 2018, 9:53 AM

Who cares!!!!!! Jesus man it’s Saturday...go try and get some poontang or something. Like a d@mn school girl....

Ooooo some low life at ESPN that probably 90% of this board has never heard of gave Clemson a shout out....we have definitely been validated now!!!!!

Message was edited by: jsebe10®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

I'd say the first thing you need to do is calm down,

Mar 24, 2018, 10:07 AM

but I agree with you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK... but my wife gonna be pissed***

Mar 24, 2018, 10:13 AM [ in reply to For those who post about people who hate ESPN and think we are a football school ]

Re: For those who post about people who hate ESPN and think we are a football school

Mar 24, 2018, 10:15 AM [ in reply to For those who post about people who hate ESPN and think we are a football school ]

You said low(e) life...Freudian? ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They forgot our SEC championship in basketball this year***

Mar 24, 2018, 10:17 AM

Maybe next year we can make it CFP, Final 4 and CWS

Mar 24, 2018, 10:39 AM

Think we just might have it in us.

Tigers, ESPN, Chris Low, et al

Mar 24, 2018, 12:34 PM

Congratulations to the Tigers who play football, baseball and basketball. They put in the work and they deserve the lion's share of the credit for the great success Clemson has had in the 3 major men's college sports. And a hearty congratulations to the Tiger coaches who made the success of their teams possible.

I watch a lot of ESPN and I'm happy they offer a lot of collegiate sports programing. Bravo to them for telecasting so many games in so many sports that college fans and Clemson fans enjoy watching.

That said, I have almost no use at all for the generic talking heads who do play-by-play, comment and editorialize about the sports they cover. A great many of them are remarkably uninformed about the sports they cover, or maybe just stupid. ESPN seems to hire 'talent' capriciously and given the turnover of that 'talent' most of them are easily replaceable. Yet, ESPN tries to market many of them as 'experts.' Most of the time the fans who go to the games know and understand more about more teams than the ESPN talking heads. Heck, I think about half the talent at ESPN is hired because they know so little and yet talk so ardently about this or that aspect of the sport that at least 3/4s of the listening audience hates them.

Jay Bilas? #### Vitale? Pam Ward? Are you kidding me?

Google ESPN and skim over the list of talking heads on their current roster of talent and their past rosters of talent. It reads like a phonebook of almost clueless people, more or less like Chris Low.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic