Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those of you who are convinced we aren’t getting in the tournament:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

For those of you who are convinced we aren’t getting in the tournament:

Mar 17, 2019, 12:50 PM

You are completely ignoring what is supposedly the main criteria the NCAA has said it relies upon - the NET.

If the committee goes by the NET, which takes into account a lot of metrics, we are absolutely in the tournament.

I realize that we won’t know anything for sure until tonight, but neither do the “experts” like Lunardi.

Just because you don’t think we deserve it, or you are one of the ones who seems to enjoy being negative about our basketball team, doesn’t mean you are correct about us being out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: For those of you who are convinced we aren’t getting in the tournament:

Mar 17, 2019, 12:54 PM

For once Judge has a good argument.

Each year as Snowman as indicated there is a team or two from Lunardi’s next four out that gets in. Syracuse was that profile last year.

I think we have about 50 percent chance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take a look at Houston’s post below about the team sheet***

Mar 17, 2019, 12:59 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2019, 1:05 PM

I hope we get in but it they use NET like they did RPI it is not the main criteria.

Mar 17, 2019, 1:10 PM

We are NOT getting in! If you care to make a little Wager on it, I’m all ears.

All ears? Is that you Finebaum?***

Mar 17, 2019, 1:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All ears? Is that you Finebaum?***

Mar 17, 2019, 1:20 PM

Ok that’s funny!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2019, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Re: For those of you who are convinced we aren’t getting in the tournament: ]

I’m with you. Any bets ???

Mar 17, 2019, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Re: For those of you who are convinced we aren’t getting in the tournament: ]

What does it matter... we get in we don’t. We lose the first game in the big tournament or the second in the NIT.

We are hoping to get a participation trophy instead of figuring out how to be a team with a shot at winning it all. All you want is a shot to win everything and it doesn’t matter if we are in or out bc in the end we don’t have a shot.

Not in, based on what?

Mar 17, 2019, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Re: For those of you who are convinced we aren’t getting in the tournament: ]

You better have some really good factual data to back up your claim, because you're going against the NET, KenPom, and BPI, all of which have us way ahead of virtually every other bubble team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

you're acting like people who say we aren't in

Mar 17, 2019, 3:12 PM

Are just doing so for no reason. None of the experts have us in. Many not even close. Now they may be wrong of course but it's not ridiculous to think we may be out

Some seem to take pleasure in saying that we won't get in.

Mar 17, 2019, 3:32 PM

I think they want it to validate their opinions that Brownell stinks and we've had a bad year.

The truth is, Lunardi, Palm, etc. aren't always right, especially as it relates to the bubble.

Re: Some seem to take pleasure in saying that we won't get in.

Mar 17, 2019, 7:57 PM

How you feel now?

I feel fine. The NCAA didn’t follow their own NET ranking system.

Mar 17, 2019, 9:09 PM

They prioritized other things.

Why spend the time, effort and $$ to develop it

Mar 17, 2019, 9:11 PM

and obviously not use it?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I feel fine. The NCAA didn’t follow their own NET ranking system.

Mar 17, 2019, 9:49 PM [ in reply to I feel fine. The NCAA didn’t follow their own NET ranking system. ]

Man let it go... we didn’t deserve to be in after 3 weeks of play. This team was average at best just like the coach who has been in charge for 9 years. Now your charade of March is officially over just admit this team and it’s coach has sucked this year. Let’s me back in 6 years when maybe we sniff a March meaningful tourney again. Good news is CBB is a nice guy. That should make it easy for JK to justify his crap record and downplay our insignificant in basketball

Agree. Clemson meets the eye test to be in the tournament.***

Mar 17, 2019, 1:20 PM

Re: Agree. Clemson meets the eye test to be in the tournament.***

Mar 17, 2019, 1:25 PM

Lol at Jerry Palm’s last bracket. Has three of four teams from the American in the same region. I think I heard his percentage of correct is very low...

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology/

Mar 17, 2019, 1:26 PM

I hope you are right Judge. But even if we make the NIT, I will be pulling for the team all the way and hope they win it.

It's the NCAA

Mar 17, 2019, 2:26 PM

the human element will make these decisions, not NET, KenPom, or any metric, no matter what they say. I do hope I'm wrong

I agree, we can't disregard the human element.

Mar 17, 2019, 2:30 PM

But those humans are still supposed to be guided by measurable data. Hopefully they will do so.

The data is on our side so much, that it will be a complete screw job if we don't get in.

Here is what guides the human element

Mar 17, 2019, 3:02 PM

St. Johns-NY TV market
Az St-West coast with very few teams in
Indiana-large national following
Temple-Philly TV market

Clemson?

I don't think the committee considers TV markets

Mar 17, 2019, 3:06 PM

and all of that.

They're human, and money is a reality

Mar 17, 2019, 3:29 PM

the more people watching, the better for them. If it's close between two teams, where do you think the human side leans?

If that were the case, we wouldn't see so many mid-major

Mar 17, 2019, 3:34 PM

teams with small fan bases getting bids these days.

Check the TV markets for many of those teams***

Mar 17, 2019, 3:51 PM

I hope you are right

Mar 17, 2019, 2:47 PM

Not winning a tournament game definitely hurts.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Mar 17, 2019, 2:57 PM

You are correct IF......you are talking about going to the NIT........Go Tigers!!!!!

Mar 17, 2019, 3:00 PM

What are you going to say when we are left out?

I would say that we got screwed

Mar 17, 2019, 3:07 PM

based on the metrics and the eye test which show that we absolutely belong.

What are you going to say when we're in?

Re: I would say that we got screwed

Mar 17, 2019, 4:58 PM

Yes, we are getting in the NIT, Judge! I agree with you 100%. We Crapped the bed against NCSt. in the ACC Tourney.
Quit crying that we deserve to be in!
Newsflash: WE DON’T!!!!

I don't know if we are in or not, but Judge is correct!

Mar 17, 2019, 5:08 PM [ in reply to I would say that we got screwed ]

IF the committee uses the metrics that they are supposed to use, we should be in! Whether or not they put much weight on those metrics, we won't know until tonight. Joe Lunatic has teams with a net of 70 plus in ahead of us. He may be right, but if so, they may as well throw that metric out the window,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would say that we got screwed

Mar 17, 2019, 7:01 PM [ in reply to I would say that we got screwed ]

We definitely play like a tournament team but we don’t finish like one

Mar 17, 2019, 3:31 PM

I’m with you. I just want the season to continue! Hoping for the best tonight.

Here are the criteria the selection committee uses.

Mar 17, 2019, 3:50 PM

This is straight from the NCAA website:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/selection-sunday-2019-time-dates-schedule-and-everything

Please note that predictions by Lunardi, Palm, etc. are not part of the criteria. In other words, the committee isn't relying on those sorts of opinions when they get into the meeting room to finalize the bracket.

Re: Here are the criteria the selection committee uses.

Mar 17, 2019, 5:17 PM

Yep - should be in Judge!!

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Mar 17, 2019, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Here are the criteria the selection committee uses. ]

The subjective element worries me.

Was my view the whole time

Mar 17, 2019, 6:51 PM

they had all the excuse they needed to ignore us as they could just say we didnt beat anyone, which we didnt

exactly***

Mar 17, 2019, 7:23 PM

Was my view the whole time

Mar 17, 2019, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Here are the criteria the selection committee uses. ]

they had all the excuse they needed to ignore us as they could just say we didnt beat anyone, which we didnt

Mar 18, 2019, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Here are the criteria the selection committee uses. ]

Wouldn't it be great if there were more transparency of what is said in those closed door decisions that are being made. They wouldn't be able to manipulate their own system they say they use if there were transparency of what they say, and then actually do. If what they do is above board, then why are those decision being made behind locked doors with their voices silent. It's bc what they say they do is total-bullshit. Just as their reasons for what they do is total-bullshit also. Favoritism will always be alive and well behind locked doors and silenced rooms!!!

When teams in the exact same class as Saint Louis Billikens make it in the NCAA tournament playing the schedule that they play is asinine. How many games could we have won if we played the Saint Louis Billikens schedule, I believe a lot more than they won, and they are in and we are out. Go figure, and there isn't a reasonable reason for that when I've always thought the NCAA tournament was for getting the best 68 teams and the them battle it out to see what place they really were after playing their schedule at the end of the season. We were not allowed in bc we didn't win enough games, and the Saint Louis Billikens are in bc they played a much weaker schedule. I seriously ask, how many games could we have won playing the exact schedule that the Billikens played but, they aren't the only team in that we would have done better playing their schedule, the question to the selection committee should be, how many wins would those types teams have if they had played our exact schedule. I really don't think that they would have won that many, and less than what we won!!!

http://www.slubillikens.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27200&SPID=93215&SPSID=632626

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep talking it up.

Mar 17, 2019, 5:25 PM

We haven’t had enough letdowns this season. I need one this evening.

Mar 17, 2019, 5:51 PM

I appreciate the fact you have love for our team and our coach. But I seriously think you have blinders on. We are not a good team. We have, I think, One win in the top quadrant or whatever they call it. We have many bad loses.
In my opinion we make it in the NIT and don’t go very deep until we lose.

Mar 17, 2019, 6:42 PM

Time for some crow.

Nah, he already planned for this. Now he can talk about how we got screwed.

Mar 17, 2019, 6:43 PM

Loser mentality.

Mar 17, 2019, 6:43 PM

Be quiet moron. I don't know how you ever have got a thumbs up. Give me a break. You're an idiot.

Glad y’all got everyone’s hopes up

Mar 17, 2019, 6:53 PM

Really good job

We had to beat NC State. Tried to tell you.***

Mar 17, 2019, 7:01 PM

Mar 17, 2019, 7:54 PM

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

How did this thread age...asking for a friend ***

Mar 17, 2019, 8:58 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2019, 10:10 PM

I am almost 100% sure we're not getting in.

Mar 17, 2019, 10:31 PM

We were correct. Look, the committee isn't going to go down a conference 8, 9 or so teams UNLESS they really stand out. They are going to give it to the midmajors. Could we beat the mids? Probably most of them. But I mean, your in a conference that you chose to be in. You need to do well in it compared to the rest. I wish Clemson had a better season, but we really didn't show anything, season long, that would make us a good choice. Maybe next year? I'm always optimistic. He7l I even would like to win the NIT one of these years . . maybe this year?. Mt perfect scenario would be to play NcSt again and actually beat them :)

Mar 18, 2019, 1:16 PM

Sorry Judge, but 24 hours later, and we are schedule to play in the NIT at 7 p.m. in Littlejohn Coliseum on Tuesday 3/19/2019. My hopes that everybody was wrong, I assure you was as high as yours. I'm one of those Tiger fan that never say that it's over until it's actually over. We can prove we were better than said by just beating everybody we have to play in the NIT!!! Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic