Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those of you thinking about switching from Directv and joining the Cord Cutters
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

For those of you thinking about switching from Directv and joining the Cord Cutters

May 16, 2019, 7:36 AM

DirecTV will do anything to keep you around, just short of a foot massage.

Attached is my bill. I get $107 off per month for the next year, bringing my bill to....$4 and some change. I get all the channels including the SEC Network, and soon the ACC network, the NFL channel, HGTV, all the ESPN channels and even HBO/Skinemax.

Here's how this happened...
-I called 1-800-DirecTV and said "cancel service"
-I had to confirm that I was not cancelling because I was moving.
-The automated system finally put me in touch with an operator in the Loyalty Dept. I told them the bill was way too high, and I was looking to switch to YouTubeTV or the PlayStation thing. I was respectful the entire time... This is key (don't be a male reproductive organ, people!).
-They asked me some stuff about why I was switching, etc., and I just kept saying the bill was way too high. Then, they knocked off $60/month for a year and gave me movie channels. At that point, I was happy.
-6-months later, I found out how much the live streaming was, and decided the Directv was still too high. I called back, did the same thing, and they knocked off the other portion of the bill for a year. They told me to call back in 6-months to get the $60 extended again.

I'm not in any kind of contract and I don't even think about paying my $4 bill every month.

Good luck and enjoy you blue collar Clemson fans!
(Also, you owe me dinner and some whiskey if this works for you)

M1C

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those of you thinking about switching from Directv and joining the Cord Cutters

May 16, 2019, 7:48 AM

I C & P'd your post, and plan to use it when my few paltry discounts end. Awesome. I hope it works for me because I have been very pleased with my service to date.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those of you thinking about switching from Directv and joining the Cord Cutters

May 16, 2019, 7:54 AM

Don't forget the food and whiskey.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2019, 7:54 AM

Dear sir please take this skill and help Swoff get cable and streaming providers to pick up the ACC Network. Clearly what he is doing isnt working and you seem to have a knack

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I commend you for your patience

May 16, 2019, 9:08 AM

I’ve tried to rid myself of these crooks since December and have not been able to do it. After months of calling I finally got to speak with a ‘lady’ who did not have a real command of the English language and I wasn’t able to explain to her that my bill of $174.00 a month was to much for someone who doesn’t watch t.v. that often. I was forced to stop payment on my account to get out ... AFTER 20+ years service. I still get two or three automated calls a day wanting payment. It does no good to send them a letter since apparently no one at AT&T reads! The only thing I don’t get with Spectrum that I watched is NESN and MASN. I miss those channels because they have the Red Sox games.

No telephone representative at AT&T

May 16, 2019, 10:35 AM

speaks proper English. They are all liars too. You have to ask for the Loyalty Department and then you can negotiate a new deal. Direct TV used to be a good company. Then the AT&T morons bought it.

May 16, 2019, 10:43 AM

Well they called my bluff guess I'll switch to dish.

May 16, 2019, 5:52 PM

I use DirectTV Now which is streamed. It's about $90 a month and I can also use it when I go to my lake house without paying more. Of course the internet is separated.

Rain fade....no thanks...T-storm season runs from May to Oct***

May 16, 2019, 6:01 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Central Florida***

May 16, 2019, 6:01 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2019, 6:14 PM

Ride that Train as long as you can. I was one of many 20 plus year guys with DTV. Had to cancel in December because it was going to be $225.00 by April with all my discounts rolling off. Went thru all that got YOUTUBE-TV to stream. They call me back in February as they actually owed me a $13.00 credit which I had to argue about but did receive. Offered me 6 months at $35.00 with HBO and a few more premiums. I told them they should have done that in December. They have lost incredible amounts of customers. Good Luck to you!!!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic