Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those coming to Blacksburg, here are a few parking links
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

For those coming to Blacksburg, here are a few parking links

Sep 25, 2017, 9:07 PM

and stadium guides:

http://www.hokiesports.com/football/gameday/2017/game3.html
http://www.hokiesports.com/football/fanguide.html#Parking

The largest public parking lot is just off Prices Fork Road, and I think the price is $20. Most, if not all, off campus lots (such as schools, some churches) typically offer parking at about $10. There are usually shuttles going to and from these locations. The on-campus public lot opens at 7:00 a.m. It's about a 25-30 minute walk to the stadium from there, but it is all directly through the campus. All lots anywhere near the stadium are donor lots. If you get there early enough, there may be a few residential locations along Southgate Drive offering spots in their yards.

Not sure where Gameday will set up, but there has been a rumor they will set up along the Mall area, which is near the War Memorial Pylons along the northeast end of the drill field (in case anyone wants to attend that broadcast). They've used that location I think 2 times in the past.

Be careful driving through VA. Police will be out along the interstates, and they're especially bad in Wythe County, which is along I-77 just before the I-77/I-81 interchange. Leaves are starting to change too so that is a plus. Weather is supposed to be sunny with temperatures in the mid-to high 60s during the day, dropping to the low 50s/high 40s in the evening.

Everyone stay safe traveling and enjoy your stay in our part of the Commonwealth.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is no fun

Sep 25, 2017, 9:13 PM

You guys are just too nice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

We are bringing h e l l with us so it will be hotter....

Sep 25, 2017, 9:16 PM

Go Tigerrrrs!

Re: For those coming to Blacksburg, here are a few parking links

Sep 25, 2017, 9:20 PM

thanks for yr help!+1

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Sep 25, 2017, 9:27 PM

Thanks for this.

In your estimation, will the big public lot off Prices Fork Rd be filled by 11:00 a.m.? We're staying in Roanoke Friday night, and will probably come into Blacksburg around 11:00.

Doubt they'll be filled at 11:00. Give yourself some time

Sep 25, 2017, 9:31 PM

getting from Roanoke though. Almost all of our gameday traffic comes from I-81 north to south, and that's the route you'll be taking. With the game being late in the evening and people arriving at all different times though, that will certainly help alleviate a bottleneck along I-81. Under normal conditions, that drive is about 45 minutes. It may take a little longer Saturday.

Re: Doubt they'll be filled at 11:00. Give yourself some time

Sep 25, 2017, 9:40 PM

Thanks--I appreciate the insights

Sep 25, 2017, 9:37 PM

This lot is walking distance and its on the same side of the stadium as Clemson. We purchased 3 parking passes in the lot.

http://www.blacksburgbreakfastlionsclub.com/

That's very close to the stadium, about 5 minute walk thru

Sep 25, 2017, 9:45 PM

what is called the stadium woods (big walking path through there). Gets a little crowded back there in that area.

Good info. Thanks brother !!!***

Sep 25, 2017, 10:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

This is some kind of trick isn't it?***

Sep 25, 2017, 10:15 PM

Sep 26, 2017, 4:22 PM

Does the parking lot you mentioned on Prices Fork rd have room for tailgating or is it just parking only? Is it grass or asphalt? Thanks again.

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

You can tailgate there and it's paved.***

Sep 26, 2017, 5:13 PM

Re: You can tailgate there and it's paved.***

Sep 26, 2017, 5:55 PM

thanks friend+1

where's the best place to celebrate our 59-3 victory?***

Sep 26, 2017, 4:36 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2017, 4:51 PM

When we made the trip in 2011, there was street parking available on Draper Rd, Preston Ave, and Airport etc...is that still the case?? I know you can't tailgate or anything there, but it was fairly convienent if I remember correctly.

I don't know if they do or not. There are probably some

Sep 26, 2017, 5:18 PM

residential locations in that area that will charge you, but in terms of parking along the roadway I just don't know. They have been pretty strict lately in taking away just about any free parking spots in town or residential areas.

Sep 26, 2017, 4:56 PM

Radar detectors are not allowed in VA.
I77 especially going down the mountain both North & South are likely radar traps

Well you only go down the mountain going south

Sep 26, 2017, 5:15 PM

once to get to the top of Fancy Gap Mountain you stay atop the plateau. But yes, radar detectors are illegal, and like I said be very careful when you get into Wythe County.

Sep 27, 2017, 12:07 AM

And on the driving side, be aware that in Virginia 80 is not just a speed limit but also per se reckless driving, no matter how well you drive 80. Whether it will translate to reckless in SC is being litigated, but thats the way it is being recorded right now so be aware. I doubt Va. troopers will give you favorable consideration with an SC tag.

Sep 27, 2017, 7:27 AM

Any tips for RV parking?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Attended the 100th Clemson vs. USC game on a broken ankle from 8 hours earlier. Got a recliner in the endzone for the 100th game...it was worth it. Story in Profile.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic