Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those asking about the FSU coaching search.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,236

For those asking about the FSU coaching search.

Dec 1, 2019, 12:27 PM

Here is what I'm thinking/hearing/guessing.

FSU Prez and AD were not in attendance last night. (Very unsual for them to miss the game, even if it was away.) Reports were they were on the road talking to candidates.

Word after the game was to expect an announcement of the new HC maybe a early as Monday, but certainly this week.

So, here is my guess.

1. Mike Norvell is coaching this Saturday in the conference championship game. I don't think he would announce he's leaving Memphis until after that game.

2. Matt Campbell finished his regular season last night.

I will be surprised (not shocked, just surprised) if Matt Campbell is not named HC sometime between now and Tuesday night.

Note on our game: We were as sloppy and undisciplined as ever. Very disappointing. 13 penalties. A couple of unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. 8 sacks. Our left tackle (and we used at least 3 different guys) could not even get a hand on any speed rush. Cam Akers got over 100 yards, at least 95 was after contact. He was hit in backfield about 70% of the time he touched the ball.

Expect a new coach to clean house, keeping only Odell and firing the rest.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those asking about the FSU coaching search.

Dec 1, 2019, 12:31 PM

Thanks for the info. Be interesting to see which way it goes.

Bringing FSU back is now a floor-to-ceiling rebuild, and it's not going to be quick...but for the health of the ACC the traditional powers do have to be strong.

We are tired of hearing we have "played nobody" and languishing at #3 because of our opponents...not because of what we did or didn't do.

FSU needs to get back. Miami needs to get back. VT needs to get back. And somebody besides the traditional four big powers (Clemson/FSU/Miami/VT) needs to start actually playing some ball too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hear-Hear!

Dec 1, 2019, 12:33 PM

But don't get too good..too fast, you hear!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2019, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: For those asking about the FSU coaching search. ]

I think UNC is about to start playing some ball

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2019, 3:58 PM

I dont. Their facilities suck and there is no real commitment to building a top tier program.

If Satterfield can recruit

Dec 1, 2019, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: For those asking about the FSU coaching search. ]

U of L should be respectable going forward.

Wish he could have pulled off the win yesterday

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

I honestly don't see it as "floor to ceiling". As you likely know

Dec 1, 2019, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Re: For those asking about the FSU coaching search. ]

they have a higher quantity of highly rated talent on their roster than we do. And I'm not going to listen to, "well those players were overrated' because my contention is they simply aren't well coached. They show signs of that talent but inevitably have not been consistent or well coached. They play uninspired, undisciplined, and simply "sloppy" as Bret mentioned. With the right leader and tactician, I think they could bounce back very quickly.

Dec 1, 2019, 12:43 PM

I just want Mike Leach for the presser laughs. That man needs his own reality show.

I mean Campbell only went 7-5 this year***

Dec 1, 2019, 12:44 PM

Yeah and.....

Dec 1, 2019, 1:28 PM

Exactly who in the hell can you recruit to Ames, Iowa where you’re second fiddle in your own state. So many programs are unwilling to take a chance on coaches who do more with less....here’s looking at you SEC.

I’m not talking about the 1 or 2 year wonders but the coaches that do it consistently. The bigger programs are hell bent on a name or flavor of the month Coordinator. That’s why currently there’s so much bad to mediocre football at the college level.

This would be a very good choice for FSU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Taking a head coach from Iowa State

Dec 1, 2019, 1:52 PM

Worked out for Auburn a few years back...for a short period of time. ;)

Campbell is more than a cut above Chizik, though!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chizik ??

Dec 1, 2019, 2:08 PM

Chizik was 5-19 in two years at Iowa State. Campbell did it 4 years at Toledo and just completed his 4th year at ISU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,236
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic