Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For the people who love the NFL and are pro paying college athletes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,003

For the people who love the NFL and are pro paying college athletes

Oct 2, 2019, 4:48 PM

You already have college players sitting out meaningless games to “hopefully” earn millions of dollars on the pros. If they’re already millionaires through sponsorships before they leave college, I’ll bet a good number of them wouldn’t even consider joining the league. Just 4 years of getting hit by amateur athletes and getting millions would be a heck of a lot easier than getting hit by professional athletes and making millions. In short the NFL would become more watered down than it already is.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For the people who love the NFL and are pro paying college athletes

Oct 2, 2019, 4:52 PM

If this happens nationwide, college football as we know will no longer exist. I expect football to follow basketball and they only play for one year. This is only to show the pros their ability.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2019, 5:01 PM

The NFL would be in my opinion would be worse. If you are one of the ones blessed enough to get a major endorsement from your local ___________ < insert sponsor here, dozens of potentially great NFL players would never set foot on the field and never be known as they have already made all of the money they could ever want and don’t want to risk nfl injuries.

Oct 2, 2019, 5:35 PM

This is the process that will end CFB.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Oct 2, 2019, 5:40 PM

I highly doubt that college players are going to be making millions of dollars.

Even if you look at the NCAA basketball scandal, top tier talent wasn't making a lot, and shoe companies have more invested in basketball than they do in football.

I also don't see local businesses dropping a large chunk of change for a bit of advertising.

Additionally, we're talking about a vast difference in earning potential. For a player that comes in, say Kelly Bryant, that sits the first 2-3 years. Does he get paid for the years he isn't the starter? Likely not. But once he becomes the starter he would make money for 1-2 years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Millions seems like a stretch, but the law allows them to

Oct 2, 2019, 8:21 PM

1) have an agent and 2) get paid for their name, image and likeness. When it was against NCAA rules, major corporations saw fit to steer kids to certain schools. Now that it is legal, why wouldn't an agent be calling Nike and Adidas and starting a bidding war to ensure that Trevor Lawrence goes to one of their schools?

null

Oct 2, 2019, 8:25 PM [ in reply to Re: For the people who love the NFL and are pro paying college athletes ]

Key word “scandal”. It is a known fact that cheating schools/ boosters already dished out hundreds of thousands of dollars to such athletes as Cam Newton, Reggie Bush and countless others.

I’m sure there is a reason why schools/ boosters don’t give millions to players now and it’s because that much money raises too many eyebrows. Now if you legalize and the NCAA allows payments, it will be an all out free for all!

I’d bet you within five years, you will see on headlines that the first collegiate football player is to receive a million dollars in endorsements.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,003
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic