Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For the mature TNetters here....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,960

For the mature TNetters here....

Jun 24, 2018, 9:51 PM

What was your most memorable Rat Season experiences?

1. Mine was Steve Lee calling me from E-509 over to Barnett Hall to go downtown to Dan's and get four hamburger steak plates for his dorm mates, buying me a plate, and letting me drive his 1964 Impala S/S 4-speed convertible down there to pick it up.

2. Danny Lee, soph class President, leading a midnight panty raid from the old quad at A/B/C/D to Manning Hall the Thursday night before the first home game. Housing Supervisor Manning Lomax was trying to get ID's from the perpetrators, but he ended up in the Poole Library Pool

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thursday night pep rallys before games followed.......

Jun 24, 2018, 10:16 PM

by panty raids and library swims. To a much lesser degree, shaved heads, freshman girls wearing those cow bells and hair streamers, upperclassmen making you run any errand they wanted, at any time, which included running down to Dan’s from Sanders, in my case, 10 minutes before 11 o clock closings for 3 or 4 “pine floats” which were large cups of water with a toothpick in it. Doesn’t sound that great but it was amazing the way it brought the entire freshman class together. We had to learn every cheer and the alma mater before the first game. It was a time honored tradition that didn’t make it past 1972, I believe. The “rat “ auctions of “bad” rats were hysterical.

Re: For the mature TNetters here....

Jun 24, 2018, 10:17 PM

Would this have been Steve Lee from Alcolu, S.C. ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2018, 10:21 PM

Steve was good friends with Joe Russel Dendy of Laurens.

Jun 24, 2018, 10:31 PM

1970 was the first year that all the “rat”stuff was optional. I thought that it was so cool that everybody would shave their heads anyway, so I did. Well., I was one of maybe 25 on campus with a clean head! As you can imagine, I stood out just a little bit! Then is was dead forever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1967, i got my hair to part at 2:00am

Jun 24, 2018, 10:41 PM

on the Friday Morning before my 8:00am ROTC Basic class in Tillman.

Later that afternoon, we discovered a rat had been posing as a sophomore so...

he didn't get to part his hair until November, might I add. And was required to wear his Rat hat with the word "BAD RAT" on it.

My dad would have graduated 65 or 66. He died at 58

Jun 24, 2018, 11:15 PM

In an accident. I saw the hat but never really talked to him much about it. Would love to know if anybody knows or remembers him. His last name was Creech and he was from Blackville SC. He did ROTC and was forestry major.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2018, 7:55 AM

In '69..Johnstone D-5...For weeks a few of us collected toilet paper rolls from the bathrooms. Hid them under beds.. I believe it was Max Foster, son of G'news sports editor Dan Foster, who went to the Fall dance.. While away, the closet panel between 2 rooms was removed, and paper was strung through a broomstick. We proceeded to fill his room until it was completely packed. We sat opposite his room sipping Buds until he whistled his way up to the door, keyed it and the door would not move. His head did the little pivot sideways, (like a dog that is confused)..He leaned on it and got about a inch. We are falling down laughing. He gets mad and starts slamming his shoulder to the door. We finally helped him get it open enough to drag the paper out and made a huge roll and rolled it down to C-5. My apology to the stand of trees that were sacrificed for our insanity.And the custodians as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2018, 2:17 PM

Anybody ever make a beer can bazooka? Early version of Anderson, SC's famous "'Tater gun". Shot wads of the brown, damp potty paper that would stick to the sides of Johnstone. Bazookas usually came out when someone yelled out the dorm window commenting on someone's upbringing...

Jun 25, 2018, 9:46 AM

LOL, these posts are very mature.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,960
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic