Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For everyone that is mad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 109
| visibility 1

For everyone that is mad

Jan 5, 2019, 10:46 PM

Let me explain a few things to you so we can move on.

247 actually asked Feaster about this last week at the Cotton Bowl, and he answered in much the same way, and I didn't see the backlash I see here. And, gasp, Clemson won that game DESPITE the question because they were the better team that night and stuff like that is more of a distraction for fans than it is players.

Paul Strelow of Tiger Illustrated also asked Feaster about it today. Why? Because that's our job, and we have very few opportunities with any players or coaches. I can't ask him after because we are not allowed to talk to team members.

Also, after the question was asked last week and it was published and was all over social media, my boss (the one who owns this site and pays the bills) instructed me to ask Tavien today. That was an order and I like my job and I followed directions.

I went up to Tavien, told him the nature of the question and asked if he minded. He, of course, said no, because after last week he knew it was coming and he's very gracious and we've had a great relationship since he was in high school. His dad and I are friends.

So if you're mad at me for reporting something that had already been reported, and would be reported elsewhere, and for doing my job, then you're just gonna have to be mad.

As for the team, if you think anything like this is a distraction you just don't get it or get how this team operates. Over the last few weeks, players like Tanner Muse, Isaiah Simmons, K'Von Wallace, and Tre Lamar have been asked ad nauseum about leaving early for the NFL Draft. It's the same thing we've reported on over the last few weeks (even a few days before the Cotton Bowl), and nobody said a word.

I get it - everybody is on edge. A big game is coming up and people are nervous and have angst and feel the need to get angry. When they get angry, they lash out. If you gotta be angry at me, then so be it. I will wake up next week happy regardless.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So the question was asked a week ago and you felt

Jan 5, 2019, 10:47 PM

the need to bring it up again and write a story on it. What a crock of BS!!!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ this***

Jan 5, 2019, 10:49 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly, what do you really see as the problem?

Jan 5, 2019, 10:51 PM [ in reply to So the question was asked a week ago and you felt ]

It's not like the question is putting ideas in his head that aren't already there. It wasn't a combative question. He was asked (by his boss) to ask the question (probably to see how/if the answer had changed in the ensuing week since it had last been asked), and Hood asked beforehand if the subject was ok.

This isn't a big deal at all. Not sure what the real problem is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not a problem for Tavien, or the team.

Jan 5, 2019, 11:19 PM

I don't understand any anger at all, much less the degree of outrage we are seeing. There is absolutely nothing to be upset about.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: So the question was asked a week ago and you felt

Jan 5, 2019, 10:58 PM [ in reply to So the question was asked a week ago and you felt ]

I get it’s your job to report on it, but when the kid says “I’ll worry about it after the game because i wants to focus on the championship game”, why not respect his request? It’s the problem with media today. There is no privacy nor transparency.

Re: So the question was asked a week ago and you felt

Jan 5, 2019, 11:28 PM [ in reply to So the question was asked a week ago and you felt ]

I know you jest , but didn't you read ? HIS BOSS TOLD HIM TO ASK THE QUESTION .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was instructed to do that by his boss.***

Jan 6, 2019, 8:57 AM [ in reply to So the question was asked a week ago and you felt ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. In the words of a Star Wars character.

Jan 5, 2019, 10:49 PM

"Stay on target." Go Tigers!!!!!~

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree. In the words of a Star Wars character.

Jan 5, 2019, 10:50 PM

Which Star Wars character?

1st one. Gold team leader during bombing run on

Jan 5, 2019, 10:53 PM

The Death Star........Aka......ALABAMA.

True story....the actor came to the set and Lucas asked him to perform his lines without cues (previous actors lines). Dude failed open and could not do it. Wrote the lines on pads of paper and put them on each knee. Basically read his lines from his lap during the shoot.

Message was edited by: NorthwestPurple®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

X-Wing attack on the Death Star. That run did not

Jan 5, 2019, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Agree. In the words of a Star Wars character. ]

Make it but Luke with help from Ben and Han hit the target and more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: X-Wing attack on the Death Star. That run did not

Jan 6, 2019, 1:36 AM

Cut the chatter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnP5iDKwuwk

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: X-Wing attack on the Death Star. That run did not

Jan 6, 2019, 9:03 AM

That stay on target dude does not look like your prototypical fighter Jock

So, you're reporting what others have already reported?

and posting them on Tigernet as your own interviews and getting defensive when the TNet community calls you out? Now you've thrown Crump or BMeist under the bus. This is very very interesting indeed.

Terrible article and even worse defense for yourself. Own it!

Re: So, you're reporting what others have already reported?

Jan 5, 2019, 10:51 PM

it's owned!!! I have a deed and everything!!

In your personal opinion.

Jan 5, 2019, 10:54 PM

When you were asked by your boss to bring this up, were you aware of the backlash that would come with it?

Re: In your personal opinion.

Jan 5, 2019, 10:59 PM

No, but sometimes I give my fellow man way too much credit. It's a character flaw

Jan 5, 2019, 11:22 PM

David - when trying to please the masses be sure to ask softball questions, consistently ball wash, and use very very simple words.

You would be adding no value to the site, but the mouth breathers wouldn't be on your case.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 7:09 AM [ in reply to In your personal opinion. ]

So you obviously have no comprehension of the original post nor do you understand what is required when a boss gives you a direct task?

This world will suck in 20yrs when idiots run the asylum!

Jan 6, 2019, 12:09 AM [ in reply to So, you're reporting what others have already reported? ]

You guys sound like coot girls or something! Hood's doing his job - do you guys stick pins in Bama voodoo dolls just to be sure.

Jan 6, 2019, 12:19 AM

No, I just literally am curious if those guys are still suspended, if they appealed it, what they were suspended for, why they keep talking about Dex but not about Deonte/Clemson and the other 2 Bama guys and so on...

He could very well be playing on Monday for all we know...because...no one has gotten an update on it!

Yes, again, Saban's initial statement sounded pretty confident, but appeals do exist and they could have submitted one no matter what he said. And do you really think he would just hold a press conference to give us that information on his own to make sure we know what to prepare for?

That's why it's reasonable to get an update IMO.

Jan 6, 2019, 12:21 AM

ERrr sorry, i went back to put a slash Clemson besides Dex and put it besides Deonte by accident. Don't string me up!

I'm tired. Going to bed :P

Re: For everyone that is mad

Did you or anyone ask Saban about the status of the Bama suspended players or would that be too personal?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saban has been asked

Jan 5, 2019, 10:55 PM

"Those things (the NCAA violations) carry certain consequences," Saban said. "And those players knew the situation. They made poor choices and decisions."

But you don't seem to mind asking questions that have

Jan 5, 2019, 10:57 PM

already been asked, hence your question to Feaster.

LOL***

Jan 5, 2019, 11:15 PM

Re: But you don't seem to mind asking questions that have

Jan 6, 2019, 12:00 AM [ in reply to But you don't seem to mind asking questions that have ]

Re: Saban has been asked

Jan 5, 2019, 11:04 PM [ in reply to Saban has been asked ]

Saban needs to be asked everyday. All we've been hearing in the news and on the sports channels is about Dex. Someone needs to make Bama answer questions and bring their suspensions to public everyday like they are doing to Clemson and Dex.

Jan 6, 2019, 12:08 AM [ in reply to Saban has been asked ]

But those quotes you gave for the Bama suspensions are verbatim what he said way back on Dec 27. Are you saying that someone asked him about it at media day and he just gave the exact same answer with the same wording again?

Or seriously NO ONE has bothered to ask him about it or report on it again since Dec 27 even though Saban has already acknowledged his guys chose to make the mistakes whereas they have been dragging Dex through the mud on a daily basis as if it's Breaking News over that trace detection that no one knows the source of to this day?

Granted, Saban's only statement on the issue seems to be pretty concrete and final. However, it still doesn't make sense as to why none of the media is talking about the issue simply from the angle of Bama being down one of their best OL starters, if Saban is indeed standing by the suspension, since that's part of the narrative they are pushing every time they bring up Dex and Clemson.

Regardless, seems like either way the Bama suspensions are long overdue for an 'update' since we're now heading into a new game and literally no one has brought up the topic... I dunno, it could even be something as innocent as, "Are you concerned about the affect that losing your OL starter, Deonte Brown, may have on the ability to protect your QB given Clemson's strong DL?" God knows, Dabo has been asked a version of that question about a dozen times already.

Sorry if you see it as us beating a dead horse, but really...what gives? Why so silent? And why are none of you even trying to find out WHAT they were suspended for? Seems lazy. (not talking about you specifically, but just referring to the media in general) The major sporting media outlets honestly don't seem to even know, remember or realize that Bama has any players suspended...

Anyways, have fun at the game and a safe trip!

Jan 6, 2019, 12:15 AM

Sorry I can't edit since I'm a free bum still but I meant to also say...

To me, I find it pretty interesting that Deonte Brown and Dex would have been lining up against each other (I think) but they are both suspended. Seems like that at least would be an interesting little tidbit of a crazy odds story that nobody has reported on yet.

Jan 6, 2019, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Saban has been asked ]

I think "Little Nicky" intemidates reporters. Why? I don't know... But it must be true...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2019, 10:51 PM

There’s always controversy “out there”, but I guess it just seems like lately you’ve been yanking that chain more frequently “in here”.

Just my take.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

David, you've seem to forgotten one important thing:

Jan 5, 2019, 10:52 PM

you're living in snowflakia now.

You shouldn’t have to explain yourself but...

eloquently stated and I, for one, appreciate your transparency on the matter.

As you said, some people just don’t get “it” and probably never will.

thanks for the context

F the folks that asked it before, and F the site owner for making you ask.

And good on you for preempting with TF.

Asking about the draft v a transfer are very different IMO, eapecially if the player isnt the one bringing it up.

Wait... Tanner Muse is considering the Nfl draft

Jan 6, 2019, 12:01 AM

This made my night!!

I always thought you owned TigerNet. I’ve been so busy being angry at you for being more successful than me :). Keep doing your job you are great at it.

So you are saying your boss won't fire you as

Jan 5, 2019, 10:54 PM

has been suggested by some on here?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So you are saying your boss won't fire you as

Jan 5, 2019, 11:00 PM

As long as Hood stays in line with his “malcontent” style of reporting, Crump & BMeist will let him stay.....

...that’s the gist of the OP, right?

Jan 5, 2019, 11:05 PM

Not true.........the other boss has said I need to stick to rainbows and unicorns and make sure everybody keeps that same plastic smile. And I don't even know that much about rainbows and unicorns but I am gonna learn!!

Confirmed. TBalm is DHood’s boss.

The rainbows and unicorns gave it away.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Jan 6, 2019, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Re: So you are saying your boss won't fire you as ]

All u have to do is quit clicking on his articles !hes nothing but click bait

Jan 6, 2019, 12:25 PM

Hood's articles aren't click bait.

However, the sensationalized headlines for anything Finebaum, McShay, Davis, Howard, et al tweet ..... well there is your click bait.

Jan 5, 2019, 10:55 PM

Well, ok answer I guess. I still think you might be a space alien coot spy, but maybe somethin...someone else impregnated my woman.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2019, 10:56 PM

I never denied that .... who knows what happens after dark

Let’s forget about the article and go do this again

Jan 5, 2019, 10:56 PM

David, Thanks for coming to the board and talking about it.

Message was edited by: NorthwestPurple®

Jan 5, 2019, 10:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sorry DH I have to agree your explanation is

Jan 5, 2019, 11:03 PM

a little weak. If the question was asked just last week, and evidently nobody considered it newsworthy at that point as it wasn't printed anywhere I know and I listen to WCCP every weekday and read as much on Clemson as possible right here before the big game, yet you decided to ask it again??
That's stuff I would not dare ask at this point of the season at all. If someone else was going to ask it then let them. At least it didn't come from you. Ugh.

Re: sorry DH I have to agree your explanation is

Jan 5, 2019, 11:07 PM

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article223633535.html

https://247sports.com/college/clemson/Article/Clemson-running-back-Tavien-Feaster--126900875/

HTH

Jan 5, 2019, 11:10 PM

Articles from 12/27/18 & 12/28/19.

OVER A WEEK AGO!!!

You could’ve let that lay.

Second date should be 12/28/18, but the main point was.....

....that is SOOOO LAST YEAR!!!

Jan 5, 2019, 11:17 PM

Lol...it is SOOO last year. I haven't even thought about that. Where does the time go?

I don’t see the problem,

Jan 5, 2019, 11:06 PM

It’s not like the team is busy reading TigerNet at the moment. It’s definitely something that many on here have been wondering anyway. I appreciate all the hard work you put in David.

null

Jan 5, 2019, 11:09 PM

Hey. Don’t worry about it. For whatever reason TNet has become increasingly mean over the last year or so. I for one appreciate your reporting, keep up the good work.

Jan 5, 2019, 11:10 PM

They really have, I expect it from the mange, but some of these people....lol

Jan 5, 2019, 11:16 PM

Thank God our fans aren’t playing Monday!
Keep up the good work Mr. Hood??

The mean comes from all that high grade bourbon whiskey ...

Jan 6, 2019, 12:31 AM [ in reply to Re: For everyone that is mad ]

Old school T-netters could never afford that stuff. But with Clemson winning all these games, well, with these new income sources, and the amount of Van Pappy going down, there are so many mean-spirited lushes out there (rum)inating over Hood's shady story influences.

Or vodka & tonic Russians have taken over this site as well as the WaPo. Anyway, my take is after Clemson wins Monday night, there will be a lot of love in Tiger Nation. Peace out and go Tigers!

He’s an angry elf***

Jan 5, 2019, 11:11 PM

The ole indignant approach. Nice.

Jan 5, 2019, 11:13 PM

Props for also starting off condescending, continuing with sarcasm, and ending as the martyr.

Re: The ole indignant approach. Nice.

Jan 5, 2019, 11:18 PM

I was going for snarky.

This is the best DHood post ever.

Jan 5, 2019, 11:13 PM

I have felt crazy for 3 days.. edgy, irritable, kind of a Jekyll and Hyde attitude. It didn't even occur to me the game was this much in my head and heart.
I appreciate the priority check. Deep breath... aaaahhhhh. Thanks DHood!

null

Re: This is the best DHood post ever.

ME TOO!!!!! I am still on edge.

I don't give a jumping

sh!t who "ordered" you to ask the question. I think it was a foolish, even a dumb as a stump question to ask and I don't care WHO "ordered" you to ask it, it was stupid, ill-timed, and low. Unbelievably stupid and insulting to our team and fans.

David Hood, I have been a member of TigerNet since 1995 and have been astounded by goofy crap before, but this one is a bell ringer. You say that folks'll just have to be mad and you'll be ok. Good for you, I would not want you to bear any ill consequences, but whichever boss who ordered to ask that question was a poor boss to then make you do the accounting and not be joined by him in taking the heat.
This was a simple screwup, made worse by the handling. Learn from your mistake, and hopefully your boss who "ordered" you to ask it will learn something too, namely, DON'T POKE THE TIGER!!!

Go Tigers!!

If DHood doesn’t listen, then his boss,

Jan 5, 2019, 11:23 PM

Nikki, might spank him.

You would think he wouldn't have asked the question then.***

Jan 5, 2019, 11:43 PM

Re: I don't give a jumping

Jan 6, 2019, 12:04 AM [ in reply to I don't give a jumping ]

You need help!!! Somebody please help this man.

It's sad that you have to explain it; you'd think all of

that would be self-evident.

The news that Feaster may transfer after he graduates was already public knowledge.

Feaster wasn't caught off guard by the question.

Feaster didn't mind being asked about it.

It will have no effect on the team, their prep, or their performance.

Thanks, David. Hard to understand why people get so worked up over that.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: It's sad that you have to explain it; you'd think all of

It's either too much medication or not enough. I see it both ways in my family lol

Jan 5, 2019, 11:17 PM

I'm not mad David ... can I get a TU ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

SCORE !***

Jan 5, 2019, 11:29 PM

DB23

The problem is that too many adults obsess over the

Jan 5, 2019, 11:18 PM

thoughts, opinions, and whims of 18-22 year-old football players, as well as the men who coach them. Many fans let it dominate their lives, as evidenced by the thousands of daily posts on TigerNet. I get it, we all enjoy cheering for our team, but it can be argued that information is too available these days. This is particularly evident when a big press conference occurs, or recruiting season is in full swing. People freak out because someone said or did something. Lighten up, Francis.

Thanks for all that you do, David. You shouldn't have to explain that you were just doing your job.

Proverbs 16:18

Welcome to the internet***

Jan 5, 2019, 11:54 PM

Re: The problem is that too many adults obsess over the

Jan 6, 2019, 12:11 AM [ in reply to The problem is that too many adults obsess over the ]

+1 for Stripes reference , one of my favorite quotes of all time.

so, just to clarify, the problem is people obsessing over

Jan 6, 2019, 1:50 AM [ in reply to The problem is that too many adults obsess over the ]

The thoughts, opinions, and whims of 18-22 year old football players, but the bad guys in this incident are the ones who wish David hadn’t obsessed quite so much about the thoughts, opinions, and whims of a 18-22 year old football player?

Yeah, that checks out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2019, 11:21 PM

I’ll admit, I was mad about this at first but understand now. Carry on and keep up the work

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bunch of Snowflakes.***

Jan 5, 2019, 11:24 PM

Perhaps one should explain a few things to you, David Hood

Jan 5, 2019, 11:28 PM

No one is appreciative of being addressed in a sarcastic manner. Your "Gasp" is condescending and your audience is not deserving of your perceived self importance leading to such. It is also likely not in your boss's intentions to have their representatives and/or staff engage in self indulgent, holier than thou, banter with their readership base. Having retired from working in media for going on three decades, I never saw leadership encourage such behavior even once.

Timing, judgment, and even phrasing are important for the successful journalist. The past few weeks do seem to call in question how these have been applied in at least two instances.

Causing backlash and division has its place and time. Wisdom among the TigerNet staff might consider that this was indeed not at that point. Whether or not this particular issue has been already broached, there is ample time later to proceed when such topics would not be considered distracting to anyone... anyone.

I will graciously accept a ban for expressing my opinion... although I think I have done so fairly.

Ever been to Jamaica?***

Jan 5, 2019, 11:32 PM

Keep up the good work David!***

Jan 6, 2019, 7:25 AM

Snowflake emotional weakling

Jan 5, 2019, 11:47 PM [ in reply to Perhaps one should explain a few things to you, David Hood ]

That's all.

Re: Snowflake emotional weakling

Jan 5, 2019, 11:50 PM

Name calling all you got? No rebuttal? Nothing at all to add?
Nothing weak here... had my say. You on the other hand... said nothing.

What childish banter would you have me respond to?

Jan 5, 2019, 11:54 PM

Grow up and get a life.

Re: What childish banter would you have me respond to?

Jan 5, 2019, 11:59 PM

Proving the axiom once again that "Insult is the last resort of ignorance"
Fully grown and have a happy life.
Good luck to ya
G'nite all.

Why on earth would you think this subject would be a

Jan 5, 2019, 11:57 PM [ in reply to Perhaps one should explain a few things to you, David Hood ]

distraction to the team?

- H. L. Mencken

Here’s A SOLUTION to put it to rest

Jan 5, 2019, 11:33 PM

Do a FEATURE LENGTH ARTICLE for tomorrow about the possibility of Feaster transferring next season. Then you can delve into the Pros & Cons for Tavien as well as the team players he “may” leave behind.
You could also conjecture about where he “may” end up....by doing a team by team breakdown of schools needing a quality RB before speculating about how that scenario “may or may not” effect his future NFL draft position.

What d’ya think?!

Whining snowflakes, that's all

Jan 5, 2019, 11:38 PM

David, you're great, don't let the whiners get you down. Don't waste the energy.

This IS a Clemson Forum in case you haven’t noticed

Jan 5, 2019, 11:52 PM

Your “explanation” was nothing more than a condescending F you to all of those that disagree. You make it clear that you don’t care about the fan base you represent and it’s obvious that your job isn’t dependent on popularity with any us. I’m not alone in thinking that this is a problem at its worst and not good for Clemson or Tigernet at its best. The way you handled this and respond to those, who like me are bothered by it lacks a professionalism that one would expect from a person of your position. I would expect the sarcasm from the likes of TigerBalm (no offense to Tigerbalm) but coming from you it doesn’t sit right.
Looks like we are stuck with you but certainly don’t expect it to go unchecked my friend.

Re: This IS a Clemson Forum in case you haven’t noticed

Jan 6, 2019, 12:58 AM

I wonder how many of these critics could actually write an entire article about anything! Keep it up David! U da man!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2019, 11:53 PM

David - don’t worry about it. Can’t please everyone. Grateful for the work you and Nikki do. Keep up the good work!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

since I apparently have better things to do on a Saturday

Jan 5, 2019, 11:55 PM

night than all these freaks... what in God’s Holy Name are you blathering about?

Jan 5, 2019, 11:57 PM

Hopefully most on here are joking lol. No need to apologize to some of the crazies on here. Keep up the great work!

Jan 6, 2019, 12:07 AM

You folks that can't let this go and or accept the explanation you so demanded, need professional help and are strung way too tight! Go tigers, beat bama

Actually for those who think David Hood has been treated

Jan 6, 2019, 12:24 AM

unfairly. It stems from his BS hitpiece after our asswhipping of the South Carolina Gamecocks.We beat them by 21 points and he comes up with a "mystery" fan who "supposedly" said "the win felt like a loss". That is why this blew up in David's face today!

In this explanation from Hood we get him blaming his boss and saying this was news that had already been reported.Yet not one person on here over the past week has said one thing about it.When he gets asked why not ask Saban about his suspended players.David says it's already been asked...head scratcher!
In other words.David doesn't know how to own it and goes on to contradict himself.

David I get it.You and your bosses need hits.Why you feel the need to do this now?Along with the other bs piece back in November is beyond me.You got your fans *obviously*.Then there's the rest of us who grade on a lesser curve.Sorry you feel we shouldn't have opinions on TNET's headwriter...

Jan 6, 2019, 12:43 AM

Respectfully, I just don’t think anyone here wants TigerNet to become Clemson’s own TMZ. There are plenty of other topics to talk about with players rather than contentious subjects like transfers, potentially entering the draft, etc. - particularly just days before the biggest game of the season, (for some, their entire lives).

Jan 6, 2019, 12:46 AM

**This

Message was edited by: tigernation2000

Jan 6, 2019, 12:47 AM

Yeah man. I’m with you on this one. You’re just doing your job. The notion that this question would have any affect on the result of the game tomorrow is insane. Keeping doing a good job.

Your boss is not too bright if he thought you would

Jan 6, 2019, 1:14 AM

get some sort of new information. Why did you explain to him what a stupid question it would be and why didn't you explain to him that writing a article about it was fruitless as well?

I can't believe you blame this on crump.

Jan 6, 2019, 6:58 AM

Unless crump is a ficticious character created to play the virtual bad cop he put himself out there by instructing you to defend yourself by blaming him.

If so, my respect for crump meter just moved up another digit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will you be allowed on the field during pregame?

Jan 6, 2019, 7:48 AM

If so, please ask him again during warmups. We’d like to know how his thoughts have evolved from seven days ago to two days ago to tomorrow, considering this may be his last game as a Tiger and all. A great title would be “Feaster discusses transfer as teammates take field in championship.”

I do not really care about this, but serious question

Jan 6, 2019, 8:39 AM

you admit it was already asked last week, and he answered it... You also say you have limited access to the players to ask questions. Given those two admissions, why repeat the question? What is the exact motivation? Is it for clicks? What good does it do for Feaster? Clemson? The fans even since we knew the question and answer already?

What is it with media today, that their number one goal is to create controversy? It is not for information, or you would ask a different question when you have limited opportunity. If Congress is questioning an individual in a setting that has limited questions, they do not ask the same one because that is wasting a question. Unless they are trying to catch someone lying and let them perjure themselves... So, if not for information, not for clicks, maybe you were trying to catch Feaster lying. So again, I ask, what good does it do for Feaster, Clemson, or the fanbase?

after sleeping on it, I’m reminded of this....

Jan 6, 2019, 9:10 AM

Another reporter who was “just doing his job”, and didn’t care about little things like timing and setting.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fRE7q6PHI0A

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 9:15 AM

Haters and Coot trolls can't help themselves.... Keep doing what you're doing DHood. Thank you for all you do. Go Tigers !!!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 9:17 AM

If an article like this (Feaster Xfer) has a 1% chance of getting back to any players or getting picked up by other outlets that might get to players, it should not be written a few days before the Natty. If you don't get that you should.

Luckily Dabo doesn't let players on social media which a freaking genius move by him.

Want to see TNet go out of business, let the football team go back to ACC mediocrity driven by media people looking for stories that get views.

No worries, keep up the good work Mr. Hood.

Jan 6, 2019, 9:25 AM

Keep doing your job David and reporting the facts. As Jack Nicholson so eloquently put it, "Some people can't handle the truth!

Jan 6, 2019, 11:29 AM

Well said, but understand that there is a lot of posters here on T-Net that just can't handle the truth, and it pisses them the FK off!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is another example of people in media

Jan 6, 2019, 11:46 AM

Thinking it’s better to stir up a controversial story than give your readers info we want.
I’m not personally accusing Hood here, bit the fact that his boss wanted it asked, that other outlets asked it, and yet probably not one person reading wants it asked, tells us their mind set.

You do good work Hood, keep it up. But when you know your readership doesnt want something asked, push back against the bosses.

TBH, player interviews are mostly useless anyway. Rarely are 18-22 yr olds interesting to talk to.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 11:53 AM

David, thanks for all you and TNet do. Thoroughly enjoy your articles, appreciate you responding to all on this issue and look forward to another great article Tuesday marveling over our third Title. Best wishes, enjoy the ride and the best is STILL yet to come. Go Tigers!!!!

Jan 6, 2019, 10:45 PM

Thanks David for all your reporting. It is your job to report all things Clemson sports, the good, bad , ugly and great. I agree with you that Dabo and company have a culture that they don't let these things affect their play. While i am very excited about the Natty i try to keep myself level headed about games. If Clemson wins i will be very happy but if they don't I will still love the Tigers and the sun will come up tomorrow. Thanks David for the other things you do like traveling up to see Carmen in Ohio before the Louisville game. I know Dabo and Co. do the recruiting but a high school player playing away from home and looks up and sees a Clemson reporter that took the time to come and see him has to weigh on him some. GO TIGERS!!

Replies: 109
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic